Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You haven’t annoyed anyone - I think it’s a lovely part of our community that we can all share the good and the bad. I do feel for you - I really do. Whatever about the writing, how are you managing even showering and shampooing your hair let alone even towel drying it? What about opening packages, getting dressed? Even putting a sock on is a trial let alone a bra strap? Insurmountable.

I remember not wanting the op too. I was very tearful the day before. But that’s perfectly understandable as your hand hurts and you don’t want anyone near it. It is the best course of action, though, and the longer you leave it, the more damage will be done. They will do a fine job and you can start your road to recovery. I was the worst at aftercare - didn’t even bother with physio or pain management clinic visits. I’m the worst at following orders, though.

The main thing for you is to rest and take your meds until the op. Try not to get frustrated. I recently got immersed in Conversations with Friends. I watched it on Rté player but you should get it on BBC - it’s a slow starter but if you can hang in there, the payoff from Ep 9 is brilliant. Also, it’s my Dublin. Some Irish programmes don’t display the Dublin of my experience but this is my locale - Melissa and Nick’s house is in Monkstown where I grew up and the Dart, Trinity, all the landscapes of our youth.

A couple of books I can recommend, ie good page turners, are The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (Taylor Jenkins Reid), Who did you tell? and/or The Rumour (Lesley Kara) - both kinda dark but riveting stuff - really keeps ya guessing. XX
Thank you. Weeeelllll, I've just done some ironing with one hand! I changed the sheet on the bed but can't manage the duvet.
My friend got me a plastic cover for the cast for showering and washed my hair for me over the bath. However, I washed my hair myself with one hand last time and let it dry naturally then ran my ghd straighteners through it. I I might have poured too much shampoo in my head though as I couldn't see!
Last week I nearly passed out getting dressed but easier now. I have been wearing a sleeveless shirt dress and a pull on long, t-shirt dress but yesterday was chilly so I wore chinos and a linen shirt for the appt but needed help doing up trousers. I have some cashmere ' ponchos' ...not the word i want....which are handy ..
Underwear...managing with a couple of soft crop pull on gym tops but just ordered a few sleep bras from marks and Spencer to wear instead. Socks..i can get no show gym socks on but wearing loafers.
Hoping weather warms up a bit. Meals are mix of salad and ready made at moment. Can't cut anything very well.
Got a lift to book club last night.
Working on an excel spreadsheet for planting garden in Oxford but thinking op might come through..?
I am planning to go through lots of paperwork and throw things out.
Main issue is I have a house going on the market (not where I live) so have to sign things and meet people etc. I cannot imagine what I will do if it sells as I cannot do anything physical.
Thanks for recommending the books etc.you are so kind 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you. Weeeelllll, I've just done some ironing with one hand! I changed the sheet on the bed but can't manage the duvet.
My friend got me a plastic cover for the cast for showering and washed my hair for me over the bath. However, I washed my hair myself with one hand last time and let it dry naturally then ran my ghd straighteners through it. I I might have poured too much shampoo in my head though as I couldn't see!
Last week I nearly passed out getting dressed but easier now. I have been wearing a sleeveless shirt dress and a pull on long, t-shirt dress but yesterday was chilly so I wore chinos and a linen shirt for the appt but needed help doing up trousers. I have some cashmere ' ponchos' ...not the word i want....which are handy ..
Underwear...managing with a couple of soft crop pull on gym tops but just ordered a few sleep bras from marks and Spencer to wear instead. Socks..i can get no show gym socks on but wearing loafers.
Hoping weather warms up a bit. Meals are mix of salad and ready made at moment. Can't cut anything very well.
Got a lift to book club last night.
Working on an excel spreadsheet for planting garden in Oxford but thinking op might come through..?
I am planning to go through lots of paperwork and throw things out.
Main issue is I have a house going on the market (not where I live) so have to sign things and meet people etc. I cannot imagine what I will do if it sells as I cannot do anything physical.
Thanks for recommending the books etc.you are so kind 😍
Unbelievable. So impressed. If you had managed the duvet cover, I would have straightened my veil and walked away thinking this superhero does not need my input! Just take your time getting dressed and don’t get frustrated!

The house sale is tricky but the legal process is slow and we’re coming into holiday season which should slow that process further and buy you some time. Between viewings, bids, deposits, sale agreed contracts, etc. I think you might be ok there especially as the op is imminent.

I remember when I put my back out and I couldn’t get myself out of the bed - my OH was away and I begged my toddler to go downstairs to the kitchen drawer to get my pain and she returned thrilled with herself and handed me .... laxatives. We all muddle through in the end and you’re doing great! XX

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Unbelievable. So impressed. If you had managed the duvet cover, I would have straightened my veil and walked away thinking this superhero does not need my input! Just take your time getting dressed and don’t get frustrated!

The house sale is tricky but the legal process is slow and we’re coming into holiday season which should slow that process further and buy you some time. Between viewings, bids, deposits, sale agreed contracts, etc. I think you might be ok there especially as the op is imminent.

I remember when I put my back out and I couldn’t get myself out of the bed - my OH was away and I begged my toddler to go downstairs to the kitchen drawer to get my pain and she returned thrilled with herself and handed me .... laxatives. We all muddle through in the end and you’re doing great! XX
Thanks.
Oh no.?.back... but 😂 ....Ahhh....laxatives...
The unfortunate side effect of co-codomol!
Yes, a duvet would be a step too far! The sheet took a lot of effort!
Trying to dead head my roses but secateurs do not work in other hand. 🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
You are all so much in my thoughts for various reasons. I am so very grateful for you all and wish that we could really meet up in person. What larks! Xxxx

• Heart
You are all so much in my thoughts for various reasons. I am so very grateful for you all and wish that we could really meet up in person. What larks! Xxxx
Have been thinking of you - how is everything since decisions have been made? Have you done all the cancellations and contacted all the guests? How are you??

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Why hello there, you beautiful humans!

I know I’ve not posted for quite some time, but I desperately needed a break from Elsie, then Miss Thing started commenting on that thread again and I couldn’t deal with the ageism, ignorance and stupidity!

Master Midnight is absolutely fine, it’s me who is struggling with a few different things that I will share with you on this thread when I’m not feeling so emotional.

I'm really sorry that you have broken your wrist so badly, @Miscanthus, and it couldn’t have happened at a worse time … please promise me you will take your pain relief meds as prescribed, it’s important that you take them until you have your surgery.

Thank you to all of you for caring as much as you do, you have no idea how much it means to me! ♥

• Heart

I know I’ve not posted for quite some time, but I desperately needed a break from Elsie, then Miss Thing started commenting on that thread again and I couldn’t deal with the ageism, ignorance and stupidity!

Master Midnight is absolutely fine, it’s me who is struggling with a few different things that I will share with you on this thread when I’m not feeling so emotional.

I'm really sorry that you have broken your wrist so badly, @Miscanthus, and it couldn’t have happened at a worse time … please promise me you will take your pain relief meds as prescribed, it’s important that you take them until you have your surgery.

Thank you to all of you for caring as much as you do, you have no idea how much it means to me! ♥
Oh So Good To Hear From You! ❤Xx

Is it a terrible thing to admit that I’m glad it was you struggling and not Master Midnight? You know how we worry for our kids and there’s nothing worse. Thank God he’s Ok. Nevertheless, so sorry we can’t help you and so sad not to be able to support you. Is there anything we can do to help? It’s awful knowing you’re suffering and we are useless. Oh, sending you hugs right now.X ☹🙏

On the subject of thingy, I’m so glad you agree with me - the ageism, ignorance and stupidity is right.👍👍👍 I literally could not ‘like’ a comment if you paid me - aaaaaarrgh, I need you back!! Come back soon, @MissMidnight -WE NEED YOU 🥰🥰❤

• Heart

Great to hear from you and thank you for your kind words. It has been a huge help having the support of everybody on here, even if I did derail the thread. Fortunately the mods looked the other way!
So sorry to hear you are struggling. There is definitely something in the air...
(On the Harry and meghan thread there are tattlers who seem so strong and confident yet I know from another thread are really struggling).

I hope you feel able to share but if not we are here anyway...sending big hugs 😍

• Heart
Wishing all my dear friends a speedy recovery. Sending you loads of tight hugs and sloppy kisses 💋

• Heart
Honest to God, I wish all of us could go on the Saturday Night Disco thread each weekend - nostalgia is a godsend when the world we live in is 💩 Here’s one of yours, @MissMidnight - a star from OZ and one of my faves 🥰🥰

• Heart

Oh boy! When I saw your avatar…! Waaaaagggghhhh😪😪😪…soooo relieved and happy you posted. I too feel useless not being able to help or offer anything that would speed your recovery. When you are ready is the right time though, definitely. You are on my heart all the time. We have all been through one of the most shocking times in our lifetimes. We soldier on through them and the impact of it all can hit afterwards.

94720CAE-8534-4B78-8CA1-E0A69FE0A657.jpeg

Anyway, sending you the above. I know you will know how much you are missed.

As for YKWHo talking yesterday of old pregnant women…I reckon it’s some decrepit 90 yr old bloke in an attic still dressed in flared trousers and platform soled shoes…Deliberately provocative catfish becomes funny if you see it that way 🥸.

Likewise dear Geranium
109BE6AD-2066-49BC-BDD3-930D7378124E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Oops...
@Milking Keynes
@MissMidnight
@Namima
In a complete panic. The hospital rang at 6pm and want me to go in tomorrow...7.30am.
😳😳😳😳😳
OMG I just heard! I cannot believe it! This is great, believe me. You will get through this and be a new woman! Please know we will be praying for you. Love you, buddy 🥰🥰 Let us know how you are asap post op. xxxxxxx

No rush - I actually remember being woozy after going home first op - second was a lot easier. You take your time. Are you able to pack ok? Have you fasted? Aaarggh, so many questions - ❤

Pack and relax - listen to music - early night - calm. You got this. XX

Just to add - you never know who’s going to be in the bed beside you. Ahem - Is it a little hot in here!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
OMG I just heard! I cannot believe it! This is great, believe me. You will get through this and be a new woman! Please know we will be praying for you. Love you, buddy 🥰🥰 Let us know how you are asap post op. xxxxxxx

No rush - I actually remember being woozy after going home first op - second was a lot easier. You take your time. Are you able to pack ok? Have you fasted? Aaarggh, so many questions - ❤

Just to add - you never know who’s going to be in the bed beside you. Ahem - Is it a little hot in here!

Thank you so much! It was a shock and I don't know what to pack. I will be out same day unless something goes wrong.....toothbrush?
Fasting from midnight....easy.
The nurse was telling me to write down things but I can't write! 🤣

That's such a great scene! 💓💓💓

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Thank you so much! It was a shock and I don't know what to pack. I will be out same day unless something goes wrong.....toothbrush?
Fasting from midnight....easy.
The nurse was telling me to write down things but I can't write! 🤣
Easy! A pair of slippers/flip flops, undies, trackie (zipped at front - so can leave the hand out on right side) phone charger/phone, book, that’s pretty much it. They mark your hand where they will operate - this is a good thing - even if it seems weird - it’s a way of showing you they are not going to make mistakes. ❤🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Easy! A pair of slippers/flip flops, undies, trackie (zipped at front - so can leave the hand out on right side) phone charger/phone, book, that’s pretty much it. They mark your hand where they will operate - this is a good thing - even if it seems weird - it’s a way of showing you they are not going to make mistakes. ❤🥰
Thank you, of course.
Ah, yes, memories of the breast cancer surgery are flooding back...! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you, of course.
Ah, yes, memories of the breast cancer surgery are flooding back...! 😍
Ah, I know - but the fucked up thing about life is we never get to predict - life blind-sizes us at every single turn so what you’re predicting won’t happen, so stop worrying. Life is too clever - always takes us by surprise. What can we do, honestly?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Screams through with spray starch, fresh pyjamas, phone, phone charger, slippers, Loubies for the actual operation, nail varnish, grapes, silver tea pot (she likes silver) torch in case there is a power cut, sun screen in case there is a heatwave, Chanel bag, purse with cash for bribing hospital staff, gun and silencer for anyone who says no, suitcase for all of above, oxygen tent, 34 Zimmerman frocks, 3 fake Hermit’s bags and a partridge and a European Pear Tree. 2 Amazon dressing gowns (green), overnight bag of skin care products, chopping board and rusty knife, fork and spoon. Couldn’t you just slap that nurse who told her to write a list. I may still do that...

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.