Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I have been missing in action lately but my eyes are up to it at the moment! However, I thought you might like to read a poem I wrote recently! It’s a message to any tyrants you may have or have had in your life. As you may know, I don’t particularly admire the Stefano method of bad language - nevertheless (to my shame) I do swear - just not in writing. By inventing a new Latin word iI think I might have found a way to swear without swearing though ;) . Here it is...and I hope no-one is offended in any way 💛

Zero Fux. (Ode to a Tyrant)

Zero fux are what I give about your good opinion
I don’t collect apologies or rent out my dominion
I have my own well-formed ideas brought home to roost in trucks
And give them greater precedence since I stopped giving fux
You can turn your sour mouth down ‘til it almost hits the floor
You can paint your wretched house brown since I don’t give fux no more
You can preach your testimonials on sins that you perceive
Then give your feet a wipe before you turn your back and leave
Every time you’re present sapping energy in flux
I will cringe and leave you to it since I don’t give any fux
Stop doling out your orders; how to be and how to live
Then I won’t have to demonstrate the fux that I don’t give
You can keep your lofty ideals and your high opinions too
I’m packing up the fux I give and sending them to you...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry I have been missing in action lately but my eyes are up to it at the moment! However, I thought you might like to read a poem I wrote recently! It’s a message to any tyrants you may have or have had in your life. As you may know, I don’t particularly admire the Stefano method of bad language - nevertheless (to my shame) I do swear - just not in writing. By inventing a new Latin word iI think I might have found a way to swear without swearing though ;) . Here it is...and I hope no-one is offended in any way 💛

Brilliant!!❤❤ Missing you lots but this wonderful poem will keep me going! Love being a member of the Zero Fux team. Yay! Hope all our lovely members have a wonderful weekend. 👒👒👒🐒🙈🐶🐶🐶😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Brilliant!!❤❤ Missing you lots but this wonderful poem will keep me going! Love being a member of the Zero Fux team. Yay! Hope all our lovely members have a wonderful weekend. 👒👒👒🐒🙈🐶🐶🐶😍😍
Missing you too. I expect you are busy getting ready for Galway. How I wish I was going with you. Big sigh... 💛 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Missing you too. I expect you are busy getting ready for Galway. How I wish I was going with you. Big sigh... 💛 💛
One day, my dear friend - one day! Can you just imagine bringing TB and Gem together too? Love Story ❤🐶 It will be Bennet-Bonnet heaven XX

FE98D349-5489-4E73-93D2-9AA82A39DD50.jpeg

One day, my dear friend - one day! Can you just imagine bringing TB and Gem together too? Love Story ❤🐶 It will be Bennet-Bonnet heaven XX

FE98D349-5489-4E73-93D2-9AA82A39DD50.jpeg
This is just an abstract portrait my daughter did of her sister.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh, @Geranium, please keep posting - what a beautiful picture, honestly ❤
Thank you ❤ We have had such a lovely week. Roo has been in his element - beach walks every day, chasing his ball, paddling in the sea, flinging seaweed about. I just love to see my dog happy.

This is Bamburgh, a beautiful beach that stretches as far as you can see, and the castle right on the shore. The little village has a couple of nice tea shops and we found a little store that sold great sausage rolls.
There was kite flying and a few brave souls venturing into the surf. Happy days!
0369BBFA-D894-496C-856E-AA1388F8C137.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you ❤ We have had such a lovely week. Roo has been in his element - beach walks every day, chasing his ball, paddling in the sea, flinging seaweed about. I just love to see my dog happy.

This is Bamburgh, a beautiful beach that stretches as far as you can see, and the castle right on the shore. The little village has a couple of nice tea shops and we found a little store that sold great sausage rolls.
There was kite flying and a few brave souls venturing into the surf. Happy days!View attachment 645545
Wow - what a wonderful photo. The beach is stunning and Bamburgh Castle - what a glorious spot to visit. Enjoy your lovely trip! ❤

• Heart
Happy Monday everyone! How are you all doing? I moved the tumbleweed aside in order to post this :love:

• Heart

Very clever dear Oops! Hope you are well. xx

View attachment 645118

This is just an abstract portrait my daughter did of her sister.
This is lovely! What a beautiful family you must have. xx
Miss 6 and Mr 7 have been doing 'self-portraits' of each other lately too (I don't have the heart to correct them...hehehe), and they're not nearly at this standard, but it is delightful watching them go through the process. 🤭

Just a little pic from our coastal walk today. Beautiful weather on our last day here
Oh, this is beautiful! What I wouldn't do to be there, kick off my shoes (or let's face it, I'm a kiwi, soI hang out in jandals-but I certainly won't capture that out of respect for @MissMidnight 😘) and walk along with you. 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Very clever dear Oops! Hope you are well. xx

This is lovely! What a beautiful family you must have. xx
Miss 6 and Mr 7 have been doing 'self-portraits' of each other lately too (I don't have the heart to correct them...hehehe), and they're not nearly at this standard, but it is delightful watching them go through the process. 🤭
Great to get them painting at an early age - I applaud you. I had my eldest painting at aged three. She would sit beside her grandfather - both of them painting away in silence. I remember being so frustrated because I had a million things to do at home but had to patiently wait it out until they were finished! I’m glad now, though, because both girls love art.

• Heart
Great to get them painting at an early age - I applaud you. I had my eldest painting at aged three. She would sit beside her grandfather - both of them painting away in silence. I remember being so frustrated because I had a million things to do at home but had to patiently wait it out until they were finished! I’m glad now, though, because both girls love art.
Wow - getting any 3 year old to do anything is quite an accomplishment! We have to get Miss 6 to use a pen/pencil properly now...she has an interesting 'claw' method, and her teachers aren't happy about it. 🤭 Sadly she won't listen to the teachers, because Miss 6 knows best! (She's not at all like her mother... hehehehehehehehe). I've tried to change her, but she won't listen to me either, so we may enlist the help of Miss 19, because as far as Miss 6 is concerned, her older sister can do no wrong. ;):mSo delightful.

• Heart
  • Haha
Just popping in to say a big hello to you and sending love to all xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Commiserations to all our beloved UK Tattlers - what a match! Edge of the seat stuff - I imagine you were all emotionally wrung out by the end. They did you proud, though, and congratulations on a wonderful tournament and getting to the final. ❤

• Heart
Good Morning! Hope you are all well today. You remember I posted a pic of my daughter’s raised bed and her attempt to grow carrots? Well..... drum roll..... Result!!

A77BC52F-02F6-4014-B187-5350F8271B95.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.