Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had check up with our vet Eddie, the big chap is fit as can be, being nearly 12.
One or two teeth on their way out but that's always a problem with Greyhounds as their fast metabolism helps produce excess acids, giving them dental problems.
Weight loss has also reduced since we introduced more carbs/pasta into Buddy's diet & giving him a supplement.
Happy 👍🐶
20210624_173318.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Had check up with our vet Eddie, the big chap is fit as can be, being nearly 12.
One or two teeth on their way out but that's always a problem with Greyhounds as their fast metabolism helps produce excess acids, giving them dental problems.
Weight loss has also reduced since we introduced more carbs/pasta into Buddy's diet & giving him a supplement.
Happy 👍🐶
View attachment 632737
Oh, wow! So happy for you! ❤🐶❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My heart just melted looking at Buddy’s photo! So dapper 💙 they really really are such special beings xx

• Heart
Happy 👍🐶
View attachment 632737
He’s looking good ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Good evening all!!! Rightiho...I've not had the best day (yes...it started with massive insomnia last night - can you believe that I woke up at 0230am panicking about all of the things that I had to learn for my exam!? 😂 Uh. DOH! Exams are over dimwit! Anyway...life didn't get any better after watching a certain YouTuber who shall not be named.
So...to even up the stakes a little bit I thought I would place this here for anyone else that loves peonies as much as I... @Miscanthus I particularly thought of you while watching this. So many varieties here that I don't have, and that aren't in New Zealand - but I shall live vicariously through the people who do have better options.
Anyway...this guy is a bit of a hoot - hope anyone who watches, enjoys it.

Much love to all of you fabulous people. 💕🤗

• Heart
Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope you are all well. I got my hands on this book from Amazon, albeit second-hand. It’s by Anne Bouin and our favourite illustrator, Alice Charbin. I bought it for my niece who is ballet crazy. She was born in Paris so she might enjoy the French text. Although the book is meant for small children, I would love to keep it for myself! I’ll post some pics and you’ll see why...
21F37300-D0A7-47B8-AE33-EFA86BAA55B8.jpeg

C82C18E7-A0B2-4728-BA06-6F784FAC7D4F.jpeg

8D6FD662-0261-4C0C-88F3-CE56643154E9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope you are all well. I got my hands on this book from Amazon, albeit second-hand. It’s by Anne Bouin and our favourite illustrator, Alice Charbin. I bought it for my niece who is ballet crazy. She was born in Paris so she might enjoy the French text. Although the book is meant for small children, I would love to keep it for myself! I’ll post some pics and you’ll see why...
View attachment 636987

View attachment 636988

View attachment 636991
@ MissMidnight will love this beautiful book! What a joy...xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
View attachment 636987

View attachment 636988

View attachment 636991
Love the watercolour illustrations ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
View attachment 636987

View attachment 636988

View attachment 636991
I love the look of this!! So beautiful... xx

• Heart
Good evening all!!! Rightiho...I've not had the best day (yes...it started with massive insomnia last night - can you believe that I woke up at 0230am panicking about all of the things that I had to learn for my exam!? 😂 Uh. DOH! Exams are over dimwit! Anyway...life didn't get any better after watching a certain YouTuber who shall not be named.
So...to even up the stakes a little bit I thought I would place this here for anyone else that loves peonies as much as I... @Miscanthus I particularly thought of you while watching this. So many varieties here that I don't have, and that aren't in New Zealand - but I shall live vicariously through the people who do have better options.
Anyway...this guy is a bit of a hoot - hope anyone who watches, enjoys it.

Much love to all of you fabulous people. 💕🤗
The Royal Horticultural Society's magazine had a big feature on peonies and I was sad to see that their special award has been removed from P. Bowl of Beauty. Seems there are better cultivars now...
Ever since mine started blooming we've had dreadful weather that has knocked them about dreadfully. 😫The good news is that the major supermarkets are selling peonies as cut flowers, as I never cut mine from the garden! 😁

• Heart
@ MissMidnight will love this beautiful book! What a joy...xx
Ha! I thought the same! ❤
Yes, this book is right up my street indeed! ♥

Thank you so much for posting the cover and some of the beautiful illustrations @Milking Keynes … I absolutely LOVE it!

Can you please tell me the name of the author - I have looked on the two sites I usually use to order my books, but can’t find a copy of it?

• Heart
The Royal Horticultural Society's magazine had a big feature on peonies and I was sad to see that their special award has been removed from P. Bowl of Beauty. Seems there are better cultivars now...
Ever since mine started blooming we've had dreadful weather that has knocked them about dreadfully. 😫The good news is that the major supermarkets are selling peonies as cut flowers, as I never cut mine from the garden! 😁
It's funny you say that! I'm the same...I would rather leave mine in the garden (I'll bring them inside when they get on the other side of being at their best and are completely blousy! Or if I know rain is imminent, then I will prevent them from getting waterlogged, and pick them then.
Bowl of Beauty doesn't seem to be one that is commonly available here at the moment - although, the next best thing seems to be 'Top Hat'. (Unless I come across someone that has it, in which case I might just beg for a division). 🤭

Greetings all! I'm missing the regular conversation around here.
I wonder if anyone remembers that I had a friend that was recently diagnosed with an aggressive lung cancer? Sadly she passed away this morning. There's been some tears. I'm also so disappointed that her family have decided not to hold a funeral. (I've never heard of this before!)
Thought I'd leave this here...
1624958729749.png

• Sad
  • Heart
It's funny you say that! I'm the same...I would rather leave mine in the garden (I'll bring them inside when they get on the other side of being at their best and are completely blousy! Or if I know rain is imminent, then I will prevent them from getting waterlogged, and pick them then.
Bowl of Beauty doesn't seem to be one that is commonly available here at the moment - although, the next best thing seems to be 'Top Hat'. (Unless I come across someone that has it, in which case I might just beg for a division). 🤭

I wonder if anyone remembers that I had a friend that was recently diagnosed with an aggressive lung cancer? Sadly she passed away this morning. There's been some tears. I'm also so disappointed that her family have decided not to hold a funeral. (I've never heard of this before!)
View attachment 639562
So sorry to hear that. So sad. Sending hugs.😍

No funeral? I've never heard of that either....

• Heart
So sorry to hear that. So sad. Sending hugs.😍

No funeral? I've never heard of that either....
Thank you for the hugs... I've been feeling pretty fragile since finding out. Lots of tears. :cry:
I wonder if I'm just an incredibly selfish person - but I've always thought of a funeral as the final sendoff where you can get together with other friends and family and honour your loved one, share memories and so forth. To not have that seems a bit mean (of the family).

• Heart
So sorry for your loss.
Could you have your own personal funeral service for your friend? Maybe write her a letter telling her how much she means to you, go somewhere which was beloved by you both and read the letter out loud. Then burn it/bury it or tear it into tiny pieces and let the wind take it as you say au revoir for now.
Such a lovely photo. Xx

• Heart

View attachment 639562
Such a beautiful photograph. I REALLY feel for you. I lost a good friend on 2nd February so know how you might feel. It’s really rotten. Just know we are with you supporting from across the oceans. Sadly, I have heard of this very recently. Someone very close to me has announced they don’t want a funeral but would prefer a party of remembrance instead. Personally I find this a little unthinking for those left as they will not get any closure. It seems it’s the way things are going as we enter the new normal. I could kick a brick when all this comes up. I don’t like change particularly though because I am a fuddy duddy. Sending much love and I think dear Geranium‘s idea is just lovely, I really do. 💛

• Heart

View attachment 639562
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing ❤ sending you lots of love xoxoxo. Such sad times we are living in.

• Heart

View attachment 639562
Beautiful photograph. So very sorry for the loss of your lovely friend. I’m sure you will miss her dreadfully. I am also confused by the lack of funeral service - it’s very hard to understand and I agree with you, it does seem mean of the family. Sending you a big hug and I hope that you can hold on to all the precious memories you both shared to get you through your grief. ❤❤

• Heart
Yes, this book is right up my street indeed! ♥

Thank you so much for posting the cover and some of the beautiful illustrations @Milking Keynes … I absolutely LOVE it!

Can you please tell me the name of the author - I have looked on the two sites I usually use to order my books, but can’t find a copy of it?
Hi, @MissMidnight - hope you are fully recovered and Master Midnight is taking a well-deserved rest! Regarding the book, go to Amazon and search Anne Bouin and a whole series of lovely little books from the Circus to Flowers come with illustrations similar to La Dance. I got mine for 70cent, second hand, and gave it to my niece because ballet terms are all in French as you know - and I thought this book would be a delight and also helpful to her. I think they have other second-hand copies too, if you’re interested, so very easy to collect a whole series for next to nothing. Bonne Chance! XX

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.