Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Just to let you all know that I am manifesting Namima’s monkeys to appear in my garden. I will keep you all posted.

Send monkeys
Send monkeys
Send monkeys - NOW!

🐒🐒🐒
I’m helping you. I’m singing Daydream Believer as loud as I can! #manifestingfor@oops
🐒🙊🙉🙈🐵🐒

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Hello all!!! I see that @Oops hasn't reappeared yet - hopefully she's just on a wee hiatus, and all is well. Have missed you guys. @Miscanthus - all of the peonies are popping up, so I'm thinking of you constantly! hehehe. ♥
No, we are missing @Oops... dreadfully. I'm sure she's been really busy with new clients but I hope she remembers us little people! Awwww.....peonies....so beautiful.

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Thanks for the update. I think I'll defer reading it for a bit. I'm feeling a bit "on the edge" emotionally (six monthly disease check up incoming !!) so distracting myself with mystery or thriller books right now. Appreciate you giving me the heads up!
Hope your check up goes well for you ❤ Yes, I find myself a little on the edge emotionally too and will be until the daughter’s exams are over late June. I think the book would drag you down completely. My daughter read a similar book recently and called it “gratuitously miserable” - love it!

Sounds lovely!! Can't wait for the photographic updates. ;)🧡 If you're on instagram, check out 'gncgarden' - you will love all of her Annabelle hydrangeas! (I'm sure she has others also). You can live vicariously through her...

Speaking of pharmacies - do any of you wonderful people follow Lisa Eldridge on YouTube? (I'm thinking we have had part of this conversation already). She used to talk about the French pharmacies a bit, and how you could get wonderful items for affordable prices! Oh how I would love to have a meander through some! (Also - I see that Lisa has brought out a whole lot of different cosmetics - now that is a brand I would be happy to support!!)
Well, here in Ireland, we get pretty much all of the French pharmacy products same as the UK plus we have Boots here and they stock some too. My favourite of all is Caudelíe but Roche-Posay, Avène, Nuxe etc are all available in our chemists. Caudelíe is amazing though ❤

Eta I think her Velvet Lipsticks (?) have got rave reviews but I don’t wear anything other than basic nude lippy so a bit lost on me!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I don't know if any of you have Netflix or what your tastes in tv are but I am watching The Bold Type. It's about three young women who work at a magazine and are very close friends. It's quite feel good and light but it deals with issues we all face.

• Heart

MissMidnight

VIP Member
Since @Milking Keynes and @Sofie introduced us to two stunning books, I thought you wonderful humans might be interested to know about a series of beautifully illustrated children’s books I discovered when they first launched in 2019.

They’re called Little People, Big Dreams and each book focuses on the life of someone who has achieved incredible things, despite their humble beginnings.

There are 43 books in the series so far, but new ones are being published all the time.

I bought the Coco Chanel one first just because I thought it was cute ... then before I knew it, I was intent on collecting the entire set! 😉

47F7E0C1-8BDD-496D-B338-0B2389A4E333.jpeg

09ACB646-F365-41A8-9990-5E467F16FF3A.jpeg

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
I love it all! The broach, the earrings, the spectacles! The pinny!! @Miscanthus did you have something to do with the construction of the hat bonnet? Do tell...don't be timid. :unsure: 🌸🌻
Psst...I think you’ll find that Sir Norman Foster was responsible for the design and construction of that bonnet...It’s a post-modernist work of significant art...👒. I happen to have it on the greatest authority that it had to be wrestled out of the hands of the architect (by our illustrious member) to stop it featuring at the pinnacle of The Shard and that was only because it was deemed too hypnotising to appear on the London skyline...

• Haha

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I knnnooowwwww! What will we do without her? I asked her what her plans are at the start of the thread but she didn’t answer me 😥😥😥😥

Anyhoooo, re the Depp v Heard trial you know I have been invested in - to sum up - the girl didn’t donate a cent to charity because pledge and donate mean exactly the same thing - who knew?

View attachment 1301052

Plus - she is, of course, a better lawyer than all concerned, so it was vital to keep her attorney up to speed during closing speeches.

View attachment 1301055
I'm so sorry, I kept meaning to get back to you. I've just been crazy busy and very stressed.
I'm travelling to Turkey tomorrow (Sunday) for 10 nights...seven of which are the yoga holiday but due to flight times I will be there the night before and extended it two nights at the end.
I'm going with a friend I made at the yoga break last year. 😌

Hi guys.
We are doing well, you would never say it was flooding here last week, the weather has been glorious this past week. My dad is ok, everyday is up or down or both. Monday he has his 2nd appointment with the grief counselor. My sisters and I will be be travelling to Canada at the end of June (via Dublin 🎉🎉🎉) and dad has now changed his mind and decided not to come with us. Too many memories 😪
Fortunately my eldest son will be staying with him for the time we are away and my nephews and nieces will visit him everyday. My dad really enjoys their company, so that is a massive relief. We feel sad for him being not coming but do not want to force him if he is not ready.
My youngest sister bought each of us sisters (6 of us) a four leaf clover charm with diamantes to wear as a remembrance to my mum (her mum was Irish) and it just happened that out trip is via Dublin. Serendipity I tell you ❤

@Miscanthus safe travels ❤

😅😅😅 loving the outfit
Thank you! Great to hear you and your dad are OK and you are busy with travel plans. It will be lovely for your dad to have the company of youngsters. 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Here is my rug Tádé! You can tell how bad I am at PS! This is her two style. What a game changer!
She looks like in the green pic now. It is not enough warm yet to get her short haircut.
Oh what a sweet face! I love both her different looks ❤

• Heart

fedup90210

Hello all!!! I see that @Oops hasn't reappeared yet - hopefully she's just on a wee hiatus, and all is well. Have missed you guys. @Miscanthus - all of the peonies are popping up, so I'm thinking of you constantly! hehehe. ♥

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
@Geranium
Please let us know if you have made an appointment with your GP. I have been so concerned about you. You will feel so much better once you have faced this head on. Please....
It’s all phone appointments at the moment and I’m not sure I can face going into everything on the phone right now.
However I have had a long chat with the nurse who manages my condition and she has reminded me of my coping strategies and is going to check in on me.
Thank you so much for caring.
The kindness of Tattlers has been a light in the darkness for me ❤

• Heart

fedup90210

Sending you lots of love especially today!
I am absolutely sure you are MORE than "good enough" but sometimes these feelings come and all we can do is ride the wave until we emerge the other end, in the shallows, a bit battered and bruised maybe, but ready to get out there again. And you have friends here!

Would love to see horse pics if you are able to share. I still ride a bit but getting my confidence back after a fall - from an 18hh chap- Not even a bad fall but you know...
Thank you so much Geranium - what you say makes good sense, and sometimes I need to give myself a break. It's because you all feel like friends here that I felt able to share, so thank you. 💜
I will try and find a pic of Teepee - having said that, they are probably all done the old fashioned way! (I.e., non digital!) I used to ride an 18hh chap called 'Cathedral'. Thankfully I never had a fall, but it always looked like a jolly long way down. He was such a gentle thing. We used to gallop down the beach from time to time, and he would feel as safe as houses.

In the meantime, here's a pic of Em and myself from 25 years back. :LOL: She was a wee bit of a naughty thoroughbred, but we love them anyway. (I thought I should chop my head off, lest I get in trouble with the powers that be. I actually haven't read the rules on such matters.
1622205523238.png

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a rotten day - you are a hard-working, articulate, clever and committed wife, mother and student. You are wonderful. Believe it. Have a good night’s sleep and see you tomorrow. Big hugs xxx
Thank you so much!! I might not be able to get out the door tomorrow! ;) Seriously though, you're so lovely. Every time you post something I feel so cheery and encouraged, (and I still have my lucky shamrock). ☘🌺🌈

I feel so blessed to be allowed to contribute to this group of special people. I'm glad I landed here. 💜

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
What a wonderful time we has @Oops... Thank you for being the hostess with the mostest and inviting us into your beautiful home! ❤❤❤
I hope @Milking Keynes had a great time.
I know I had a good evening because I have a few...ahem...souvenirs...
My voice is a little hoarse from all the singing, my eyes red from all the crying and I have a mysterious bruise on my posterior! I think at one stage I was inspecting the cellar, or was it the gym, looking for some Whispering Angel (I'd had a few too many Edinburgh gins with Mrs Milking B-B at that stage). I fear I missed steps number 5, 6 and 7.....
Oh, and if you are missing a couple of silver candlesticks I believe it's because you placed them precariously near the edge of the table and they toppled into my new, structured tapestry bag (purchased after being 'influenced' by Mrs M B-B).
Talking of missing things...have you seen one of my detachable sleeves, my starched apron and my secateurs? By the way, thanks for the cuttings...I think I asked first 😁.
Fortunately I had a quick journey home across county lines (not those country lines!) and slept like a baby, but had a terrible dream that we planted our Geranium instead of the commemorative tree! Please check!
Love Miss Canthus xx
Now I know why my lace stockings are all muddy around the feet and ankles !

• Haha

Oops...

VIP Member
Just to let you know - Miss Midnight has just appeared from the Pink Room (she likes the bed in there). I was soooo tipsy-woo last night that I didn’t notice the much-loved Tardis still in the garden and I didn’t know she had slipped off to bed after our third rendition of I Vow to Thee My Country...Well she looks amazing as usual and we have decided to make a day of it together. Full marks to Namima for dropping off our International Others AND managing to send the Tardis back unmanned. I mean our group hidden talents are completely unfathomable. Miss Midnight is allowing me to do some nursing for her for a change and we have decided that the best way to inflate her lungs is for us to carry on singing. If you listen really hard you will be able to hear us...We’re just doing Jerusalem...No dear, it’s a little early for a Harvey Wallbanger...Give us our rods of burning gold...🎶

Edit; Teddy Bear has just come in from digging around the commemorative tree. He’s got a sleeve around his neck...and he’s found a pink shoe...

Last edited:
  • Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
I absolutely adore this. Even more special as my beloved Grandad's name was William, and I had an angora goat named Tilly (who was an absolute treasure!)

One thing that I was thinking while reading this piece, and the MS Merwin from @Geranium , is how much I appreciate the rhythm! (That might sound weird). To provide some context, I'm a musician.

I might actually become cultured, hanging out with you people! (Then I might re-read the Boochani, and 'get' all of the nuances that went over my head!!) 🤗
My dad’s name was William and he’s my hero yesterday, today and tomorrow ❤

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
It's a masterclass of herbaceousness, even if I do blow my own trumpet! 🌻🌼🌺
You blow your trumpet and I’ll toot my horn - it IS a masterclass of herbaceousness! Oh, and now an occasion fitting of my bonnet! Happy days! I only wish you could all see my footwear/foot furniture... I have floral clip ons on my Echo XXXXWide sandals! I’m the master of whimsy!

• Haha
  • Heart

Namima

VIP Member
Hellllllooooooooo??????!! Is there anybody out there??? (Apologies for excessive punctuation).

It stopped raining! 🤗 ☀😎⛱

Hope you are all well. (Obviously recovering from 'party time'!) ♥
Yoohoo !!! Good morning lovely ladies 💞 Great news that it's stopped raining. Kids at school, had my coffee and contemplating my next move lol

• Heart
  • Haha