Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At first glance I thought it might be a maple ( acer ) but the leaves seem more pinnate so could be walnut perhaps? Might even be a prunus… I’m sure Captain will know for sure immediately.

The relief map is utterly STUNNING! If I saw that in a gallery I would want to buy it. How clever is your girl? Haven't you put some of her work up before? Did she draw a self portrait a few years ago? You are very arty too with your lovely sketches of your frocks. Your dad would have been uber-arty if he was an architect. These lovely traits seem to run in families. I think it’s so comforting when they carry on through the generations.

Being adopted I never quite knew where I was with that. I would have liked to know though.
---
Ladies - please note that, although the first pic very blurred, there are a gazillion teeny dots making up the lower right side - I know, I did at least a thousand of them myself #ihavemyuses
I have my uses indeed! Tch! They’d all be marooned without you! Completely.
Such a lovely thing to do to put in the tiny dots. 😄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Just been looking at the award winning relief map again. You chose the PERFECT frame for it. Sorry I meant to say that before.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just been looking at the award winning relief map again. You chose the PERFECT frame for it. Sorry I meant to say that before.
Thanks so much @Oops - I actually got two horizontal loops at the back because I just knew I would hang it the wrong way! I sent her a pic to Chicago and she replied it’s upside down! Anyway, easily remedied! Thing in life is to have the foresight to know you’re going to get it wrong!

Thanks also for the tree advice - I can look at the trees you mentioned which are similar and buy one of them. It really whittles down the choices for me so very much appreciated. 🥰❤

You remembered the self-portrait! Yes, she won an award for it. The competition was judged by none other than Waldemar Januszczak, Sunday Times art critic so she was thrilled. I’ll post the pic.

BD0275B5-6CDC-4BF3-B63D-990C7E847FA0.jpeg

• Heart
Oh, your white ceramic vase is beautiful and the gorgeous white flowers.... dreamy! It suits the lovely sash windows - you have superb taste.

I’m going to take a pic of my daughter’s map she sketched - it won an award by the Architects Association of Ireland and I’ve just today got it back from the framers and hung it up!

Yes, himself has become very (sshhhhh!) victorian.... 🤫

Be right back with my pic..... plus, can you or Capitán let me know what type of tree this is in our front bed? We need to pull it out and replace it as it is diseased but damned if I know what it is....

I’ll take the pics and be right back ❤🥰
---
View attachment 3022170View attachment 3022171
Absolutely love the map! I think I
would enjoy doing something like that. All those dots are very therapeutic!
The tree...what a lovely shape and so perfect for hiding the house in the background. You definitely should replace it.
I agree with @Oops... I think it might be a cherry....but you will know if it has spring blossom? The problem is that there are so many different cherries with different growth habits so make sure you get one that's not too upright. Also there are some cherries that make very large trees so don't buy one of those! On the plus side there will be new cultivars that are more disease resistant.
I did initially wonder if it was an Amelanchier, which is what I bought when I was 'away'....but not sure.

Is the Cobweb Master going through the male menopause 🤔
---
Also
Prunus serrulata Kanzan (starts off upright but starts to drop as it ages). Very popular but colour of blossom might not be your taste.
Prunus subhirtilla Autumnalis

Last edited:
  • Heart
Absolutely love the map! I think I
would enjoy doing something like that. All those dots are very therapeutic!
The tree...what a lovely shape and so perfect for hiding the house in the background. You definitely should replace it.
I agree with @Oops... I think it might be a cherry....but you will know if it has spring blossom? The problem is that there are so many different cherries with different growth habits so make sure you get one that's not too upright. Also there are some cherries that make very large trees so don't buy one of those! On the plus side there will be new cultivars that are more disease resistant.
I did initially wonder if it was an Amelanchier, which is what I bought when I was 'away'....but not sure.

Is the Cobweb Master going through the male menopause 🤔
---
Also
Prunus serrulata Kanzan (starts off upright but starts to drop as it ages). Very popular but colour of blossom might not be your taste.
Prunus subhirtilla Autumnalis
Thank you, Capitán, I will studiously look into these trees - homework for the weekend - how clever you are. Many thanks! 🥰❤

Yes, he might be going through the male menopause or some kind of mid-life crisis. He’s grumpy and tells me he doesn’t feel well. He was fine when we went away for a few days but as soon as we got home, he was very negative. I feel sorry for him though as he starts another huge project a week after finishing the last one. It means hours and hours of meetings and it’s very demanding. He’s tricky because he goes mad if he’s bored and is a bit of a workaholic but on the flip side, the demands of the work are exhausting.

Funny story - my sister was on a zoom call with a lot of work colleagues including The Boss. They could all hear him snap at his wife ‘I said more ham’ when she obviously delivered his sandwich. It was the water cooler convo for the next month - ‘more ham’ whenever his name came up! Folk need to remember to not be so dismissive of their partners or they become the butt of the joke themselves.

• Heart
  • Haha
Thanks so much @Oops - I actually got two horizontal loops at the back because I just knew I would hang it the wrong way! I sent her a pic to Chicago and she replied it’s upside down! Anyway, easily remedied! Thing in life is to have the foresight to know you’re going to get it wrong!

Thanks also for the tree advice - I can look at the trees you mentioned which are similar and buy one of them. It really whittles down the choices for me so very much appreciated. 🥰❤

You remembered the self-portrait! Yes, she won an award for it. The competition was judged by none other than Waldemar Januszczak, Sunday Times art critic so she was thrilled. I’ll post the pic.

View attachment 3023590
Oh yes! I remember the portrait very well. Such sensitivity. I know she’s a sensitive soul anyway but it shows in her art. Just how lovely and such a worthy winner of the competition by such an august judge too!

When’s the next airport taxi service due dear? I DETEST driving to airports. I don’t know why but it’s a flopping nightmare. I stopped doing it years ago and delegated it. I used to get a bit confused especially Heathrow with all the different terminals. Then I hate having to work out where the car parked its flopping self after I left it. Grrr…Stress head!

Hope you are chilling nicely this weekend Captain. I am still in my pink pyjamas and asking Teddy to pass me things…💅

• Haha
Oh yes! I remember the portrait very well. Such sensitivity. I know she’s a sensitive soul anyway but it shows in her art. Just how lovely and such a worthy winner of the competition by such an august judge too!

When’s the next airport taxi service due dear? I DETEST driving to airports. I don’t know why but it’s a flopping nightmare. I stopped doing it years ago and delegated it. I used to get a bit confused especially Heathrow with all the different terminals. Then I hate having to work out where the car parked its flopping self after I left it. Grrr…Stress head!

Hope you are chilling nicely this weekend Captain. I am still in my pink pyjamas and asking Teddy to pass me things…💅
I LOATHE airport runs - I hate the M50 with a passion. I think it’s tomorrow @Oops but not sure what time... I also hate the car parks. Heathrow must be a nightmare - Dublin only has two terminals!!

Yes, I also hope our Capitán is chilling today... it’s rainy and miserable here today so a real reading day. Might pop out to the shop later but that’s it for the day.

• Heart
The sun is cracking the flags here! I am in the garden worshipping at the alter of my Passiflora. I planted it about eight or so years ago and it’s now more than twenty foot long and it’s never had SO many buds on it as this year. It’s such a beautiful flower. Exquisite…

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg

---
I was supposed to be dead heading my roses but it’s so hot I can’t muster the strength. I might wait for a cooler day but I cant settle looking at them screaming to be deadheaded. There’s soooo many of them too. It’s been such a good year so far for the herbaceous borders and the roses. Teddy has gone back inside - it’s probably a bit too hot for him bless him. We‘ll come out on the terrace this evening and light some candles and just chill and plan. I don’t think I’m going to move so I need to plan repainting and exterior painting and all that stuff. So much needs doing. If I stay I want to do a lot more with the garden too. So that’s the bit I will relish. Having men in to redecorate has always been very hard for me because the ones here can be really bad swear words on acid. Believe me - it’s so true. I might have to move to Dublin whilst they come in and faff around for their horrendous day rates!
---
Some of the heads on my Hydrangea Annabelle are a foot across this year!

IMG_0753.jpeg

IMG_0754.jpeg
This one is almost thirteen inches across!
---
I was supposed to be dead heading my roses but it’s so hot I can’t muster the strength. I might wait for a cooler day but I cant settle looking at them screaming to be deadheaded. There’s soooo many of them too. It’s been such a good year so far for the herbaceous borders and the roses. Teddy has gone back inside - it’s probably a bit too hot for him bless him. Well come out on the terrace this evening and light some candles and just chill and plan. I don’t think I’m going to move so I need to plan repainting and exterior painting and all that stuff. So much needs doing. If I stay I want to do a lot more with the garden too. So that’s the bit I will relish. Having me. In the redecorate has always been very hard for m3 because the ones here can be real bad swear words on acid. Believe me - it’s so true. I might have to move to Dublin whilst they com3 in and faff around for their horrendous day rates!
---
What happened there? I have no idea how it came to write itself twice! Utterly ridiculous. Too late to change it now so apologies for repetition. I think it’s me age…

Last edited:
  • Haha

Oh no, I've been to the gym and now I'm digging a big border 😬
I've got a big week ahead and might well be weak/feeble/hospitalised/all of the above so grabbing every opportunity.
Pretty much finished decorating a guest bedroom (will be mine temporarily) yesterday ready for new carpet and starting on next. 🤪

• Heart
The sun is cracking the flags here! I am in the garden worshipping at the alter of my Passiflora. I planted it about eight or so years ago and it’s now more than twenty foot long and it’s never had SO many buds on it as this year. It’s such a beautiful flower. Exquisite…

View attachment 3024089

View attachment 3024090
---
I was supposed to be dead heading my roses but it’s so hot I can’t muster the strength. I might wait for a cooler day but I cant settle looking at them screaming to be deadheaded. There’s soooo many of them too. It’s been such a good year so far for the herbaceous borders and the roses. Teddy has gone back inside - it’s probably a bit too hot for him bless him. We‘ll come out on the terrace this evening and light some candles and just chill and plan. I don’t think I’m going to move so I need to plan repainting and exterior painting and all that stuff. So much needs doing. If I stay I want to do a lot more with the garden too. So that’s the bit I will relish. Having men in to redecorate has always been very hard for me because the ones here can be really bad swear words on acid. Believe me - it’s so true. I might have to move to Dublin whilst they come in and faff around for their horrendous day rates!
---

View attachment 3024111

View attachment 3024112This one is almost thirteen inches across!
---
I was supposed to be dead heading my roses but it’s so hot I can’t muster the strength. I might wait for a cooler day but I cant settle looking at them screaming to be deadheaded. There’s soooo many of them too. It’s been such a good year so far for the herbaceous borders and the roses. Teddy has gone back inside - it’s probably a bit too hot for him bless him. Well come out on the terrace this evening and light some candles and just chill and plan. I don’t think I’m going to move so I need to plan repainting and exterior painting and all that stuff. So much needs doing. If I stay I want to do a lot more with the garden too. So that’s the bit I will relish. Having me. In the redecorate has always been very hard for m3 because the ones here can be real bad swear words on acid. Believe me - it’s so true. I might have to move to Dublin wst they com3 in and faff around for their horrendous day rates!
---
What happened there? I have no idea how it came to write itself twice! Utterly ridiculous. Too late to change it now so apologies for repetition. I think it’s me age…
Amazing hydrangeas! I am intending to fill my big bed (wot I am slowly digging) with them 😁
I did cuttings before I moved, all of which are flowering.
Pleased to hear you are not downsizing but staying put!
---
Girls, over the last week my eyebrows have fallen off. What's a girl to do?
@Oops... I need a poem!

Just going outside to water. I may be some time!

• Heart

View attachment 3024089

View attachment 3024090
---
---

View attachment 3024111

View attachment 3024112This one is almost thirteen inches across!
---
I was supposed to be dead heading my roses but it’s so hot I can’t muster the strength. I might wait for a cooler day but I cant settle looking at them screaming to be deadheaded. There’s soooo many of them too. It’s been such a good year so far for the herbaceous borders and the roses. Teddy has gone back inside - it’s probably a bit too hot for him bless him. Well come out on the terrace this evening and light some candles and just chill and plan. I don’t think I’m going to move so I need to plan repainting and exterior painting and all that stuff. So much needs doing. If I stay I want to do a lot more with the garden too. So that’s the bit I will relish. Having me. In the redecorate has always been very hard for m3 because the ones here can be real bad swear words on acid. Believe me - it’s so true. I might have to move to Dublin whilst they com3 in and faff around for their horrendous day rates!
---
Blimey - you have your work cut out with that garden - magnificent! I have a terrible admission - a self-flagellation confession - to two landscape gardeners too, oh the shame- but I have fake grass out the back. In my defense, it’s a teeny weeny back garden plus - we put all new grass down last year - lush and gorgeous it was - but, once again, the trees around the periphery killed the grass completely. Yet again. Hubby wanted to replace the trees but I love them so I said NO! Replace the grass! No brainer as far as I was concerned.

Come to Dublin while the swearers are swearing - I’ll put you up in the teenage ‘landfill’ with a clothes peg on your nose. I mean the cooking will be yummy I can promise you but the surroundings might not be up to your usual standard!

Missy Canthus is not following our orders to chill but while the sun is out you might as well enjoy getting stuff done. Today in Dublin was miserable, honestly. I actually have a hot water bottle now that I’ve returned from garden centre in the rain.
---
Amazing hydrangeas! I am intending to fill my big bed (wot I am slowly digging) with them 😁
I did cuttings before I moved, all of which are flowering.
Pleased to hear you are not downsizing but staying put!
---
Girls, over the last week my eyebrows have fallen off. What's a girl to do?
@Oops... I need a poem!

Just going outside to water. I may be some time!
Damn - that’s harsh. Would you try the stencilling that went viral on Tik Tok or you could get tattoo eyebrows when finished the treatment.... ah, it’s a bummer though. I feel for you. I have pretty sparse eyebrows, I must admit. I pencil in daily as otherwise there would be nowt. My sister - the estranged one who has spoken to nobody in 30 years - has eyebrows like Brooke Shields... is there a God? Hmmmmmm?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Blimey - you have your work cut out with that garden - magnificent! I have a terrible admission - a self-flagellation confession - to two landscape gardeners too, oh the shame- but I have fake grass out the back. In my defense, it’s a teeny weeny back garden plus - we put all new grass down last year - lush and gorgeous it was - but, once again, the trees around the periphery killed the grass completely. Yet again. Hubby wanted to replace the trees but I love them so I said NO! Replace the grass! No brainer as far as I was concerned.

Come to Dublin while the swearers are swearing - I’ll put you up in the teenage ‘landfill’ with a clothes peg on your nose. I mean the cooking will be yummy I can promise you but the surroundings might not be up to your usual standard!

Missy Canthus is not following our orders to chill but while the sun is out you might as well enjoy getting stuff done. Today in Dublin was miserable, honestly. I actually have a hot water bottle now that I’ve returned from garden centre in the rain.
---

Damn - that’s harsh. Would you try the stencilling that went viral on Tik Tok or you could get tattoo eyebrows when finished the treatment.... ah, it’s a bummer though. I feel for you. I have pretty sparse eyebrows, I must admit. I pencil in daily as otherwise there would be nowt. My sister - the estranged one who has spoken to nobody in 30 years - has eyebrows like Brooke Shields... is there a God? Hmmmmmm?
My eyebrows were fairly pale so people are professing not to notice...they do finish your face though. I did have them tidied up regularly as I will not touch them myself.
I showed my book club (we call ourselves the Book Club Blondes) and then looked around and there w hardly a pair between us!
I'm going to try to find a pencil/brush which has multiple points but dontvtrust myself to do a good job. They will come back eventually. Next to go will be eyelashes which will be hard.
Sitting in sun drinking Cornish Orchards cider...I'm not allowed in the sun and probably can't drink either! It's delicious 😋

• Heart
My eyebrows were fairly pale so people are professing not to notice...they do finish your face though. I did have them tidied up regularly as I will not touch them myself.
I showed my book club (we call ourselves the Book Club Blondes) and then looked around and there w hardly a pair between us!
I'm going to try to find a pencil/brush which has multiple points but dontvtrust myself to do a good job. They will come back eventually. Next to go will be eyelashes which will be hard.
Sitting in sun drinking Cornish Orchards cider...I'm not allowed in the sun and probably can't drink either! It's delicious 😋
Good for you, Girl 💪💪🍻🥂🍹 - enjoy the lovely pleasures.... what is the point of all your hard reno work if you can’t enjoy a Cornish Orchard cider and a bit of Vit D?

• Heart
  • Haha
Just Browsing…

I‘ve just fallen out with my eyebrows
T‘was the silliest thing you could see
We had a big row - they vacated my brow
When they left home they fell out of me
The relief I now feel is immense dears
I don’t have to shape them or pluck
I look so much younger without them
And I cannot believe my own luck
They’ve rented a cottage in Cornwall
They wanted to be by the sea
So I’m galavanting by digging and planting
A hair’s breath away being free
I know they’ll be back later on dears
And I’ll probably give them some housing
But ’til that happy day you will all hear me say
I don’t want to buy - I’m just browsing…

• Haha
Just Browsing…

Once again our darling @Oops... delivers with wit and aplomb...and in minutes! How does she do it? Crying with laughter here. This has cheered me up! Who needs eyebrows anyway?

• Heart
  • Haha
Just Browsing…

😂😂😂😂 Wonderful, @Oops 🥰🥰👏👏👏 Brilliant! I’m sending you one of my special bonnets ❤👒😪❤
---
Once again our darling @Oops... delivers with wit and aplomb...and in minutes! How does she do it? Crying with laughter here. This has cheered me up! Who needs eyebrows anyway?
Exactly! I’ve done without them for years!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I FROCKING MISSED CYNDI LAUPER? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? AGGGHHHHHH! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

IMG_0755.gif

---
I want that denim and tulle frothy coat?

• Haha