Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose if I told you I’d just spent the evening with John Benjamin you’d be tempted to call me a liar wouldn’t you? Well, there is something about summer evenings that makes me reach for him. He always makes himself available to me and enjoys watching my great enjoyment of him ( I think). My darling friend Tony, who met him gave me the glorious gift of a book of his collected poems. Whenever we are together we read Betjeman to each other ( and we listen to Noel Coward songs too). Tonight I’ve been reading Benjamin to Teddy who has politely slept through a good deal of my reverential chanting. Betjamin is a joy. A complete and utter joy and he creates a glorious bird’s eye view of his life and times. Cloistered, rarified and beguilingly amusing. I once lived in a house in Bath that was doors away from where his mother had lived and I liked to imagine him walking past my house in his younger days long before I ever moved there, giving me an avuncular wave as he passed. His ghost has always hovered just above me so I feel like I know him. Here his is reading A Subaltern’s Lovesong…Bliss!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am just giving up with this wretched auto-correct which consistently makes a bad smeller out of me!

I do know it’s John Betjamin ( I did not write John Benjamin as it has so annoyingly corrected it).

Goid smelling is very important and I would normally consider myself to be a good smeller. There I’ve said it…Grr!

• Haha
Going back dear Cobweb Havisham, ( Cobweb was a fairy in A-Midsummer Night’s Dream you know) to you mentioning you wisely put Astro-turf in your garden - well speaking as a landscaper I need to confess I have NO lawned areas in my garden! Why? Because you have to flopping cut it that’s why. So I hard landscaped all of my garden instead.

I know I am repeating myself here but at my age it’s to be expected! It’s a wonder I can even manage without my drool cloth long enough to write in short spurts…

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Going back dear Cobweb Havisham, ( Cobweb was a fairy in A-Midsummer Night’s Dream you know) to you mentioning you wisely put Astro-turf in your garden - well speaking as a landscaper I need to confess I have NO lawned areas in my garden! Why? Because you have to flopping cut it that’s why. So I hard landscaped all of my garden instead.

I know I am repeating myself here but at my age it’s to be expected! It’s a wonder I can even manage without my drool cloth long enough to write in short spurts…
Cobweb Havisham 😂😂

Great minds think alike, Oopsie! NO lawned area... only way to go! I lived in a terraced house once that had a teeny square of grass out the front and I would haul the lawn mower through the house to get at the postage stamp sized bitty out front. What a faff!

Speaking of the perils of autocorrect - remember I told you the story of delivering papers to hubby’s accountant during Covid? Had to text him when there so he could take the papers from me in the car and maintain two metre rule, etc. I texted him I’m here (had no specs so misspelled it to I’m hete) and autocorrect sent I’m heterosexual. 😱
---
Coldplay last night — tears were streaming down my face...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
😭😭😭😭😭

Oh! Wow!

I wonder if Chris Martin is thinking about conscious coupling - at all … perchance? Might it be worth letting him know I have a feint pulse?

• Haha