Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You definitely missed out on this sauce pot dream boat of a specimen.
It’s the gay super bowl so maybe next year you should give it a go, it’s just 4hrs of nonsense but good for a laugh and sometimes that’s exactly what the world needs ☺
My friends used to host Eurovision parties and we would all dress up in platforms and sparkles. It launched the careers of Abba and Celine Dion. Now, it’s just a camp party but plenty of fun. I made a bit of money in 2012 when I predicted Sweden’s win with Euphoria early on. Fantastic song and performance by Loreen.

Our Finnish friend ripped his teeny denim shorts getting out of a giant egg - luckily, he had put a sock in it or in his case on it!

My friends used to host Eurovision parties and we would all dress up in platforms and sparkles. It launched the careers of Abba and Celine Dion. Now, it’s just a camp party but plenty of fun. I made a bit of money in 2012 when I predicted Sweden’s win with Euphoria early on. Fantastic song and performance by Loreen.

Our Finnish friend ripped his teeny denim shorts getting out of a giant egg - luckily, he had put a sock in it or in his case on it!
It’s just a brilliant night of the year, I actually really liked last years winner this year was meh.
Poor Celine has been going through it the last few years though, she has stiff persons syndrome which is a shame as she’s a power house of a singer so for her not to be able to continue that would be a crime.

I’m still mesmerised by the Finnish dreamboat! I don’t think I’ll be over that for a while haha x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It’s just a brilliant night of the year, I actually really liked last years winner this year was meh.
Poor Celine has been going through it the last few years though, she has stiff persons syndrome which is a shame as she’s a power house of a singer so for her not to be able to continue that would be a crime.

I’m still mesmerised by the Finnish dreamboat! I don’t think I’ll be over that for a while haha x
Poor Celine - I’m still traumatized by the way Taylor Swift treated her on stage after her bravely taking to the stage. Put me right off Taylor.

The stylish Finnish dreamboat - Windows95 t-shirt, sandals and socks and nothing in-between.

Our sunshine is sadly over today - it’s all grey and rainy....

Poor Celine - I’m still traumatized by the way Taylor Swift treated her on stage after her bravely taking to the stage. Put me right off Taylor.

The stylish Finnish dreamboat - Windows95 t-shirt, sandals and socks and nothing in-between.

Our sunshine is sadly over today - it’s all grey and rainy....
I think I read that Taylor was told not to hug her on stage but photos were taken back stage but I’m not 100% on that.

I’m not sure how anybody could compete with the level of dreamboat he has achieved, absolute Adonis of a man.
He should walk runways with that ensemble of an outfit 😉

Ahhhh I have to avoid the sun at all costs due to my Melanoma so it doesn’t bother me too much.
It was nice to admire from inside my house but now it’s cooled right down I can go out again and not be a vampire ☺

• Heart
I think I read that Taylor was told not to hug her on stage but photos were taken back stage but I’m not 100% on that.

I’m not sure how anybody could compete with the level of dreamboat he has achieved, absolute Adonis of a man.
He should walk runways with that ensemble of an outfit 😉

Ahhhh I have to avoid the sun at all costs due to my Melanoma so it doesn’t bother me too much.
It was nice to admire from inside my house but now it’s cooled right down I can go out again and not be a vampire ☺
Gosh, it’s a tough one coming into summer. How is your Melanoma going for you? I hope keeping out of the sun is enough and that you’re keeping well.

I’m not a sun lover and Spf 50 is my go-to. Unlike our Finnish friend I like being as covered up as possible!

I had 2 more moles removed a few weeks ago as a precaution but they came back clear thankfully and I’m now into yr4 of being cancer free after it had spread to my lymph nodes after being 3years in.
This is a record for me getting to 4 years so I think the immunotherapy worked.

I’m gonna be a massive bore and tell you what you already know but check your body regularly for any changes in moles/rashes and wear factor 50 and keep reapplying it, cover up when it’s too hot/go inside and always wear a sun hat and sunglasses to prevent cataracts from the sun or potential cancer.
Other than that enjoy it to its fullest, we only live once ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I had 2 more moles removed a few weeks ago as a precaution but they came back clear thankfully and I’m now into yr4 of being cancer free after it had spread to my lymph nodes after being 3years in.
This is a record for me getting to 4 years so I think the immunotherapy worked.

I’m gonna be a massive bore and tell you what you already know but check your body regularly for any changes in moles/rashes and wear factor 50 and keep reapplying it, cover up when it’s too hot/go inside and always wear a sun hat and sunglasses to prevent cataracts from the sun or potential cancer.
Other than that enjoy it to its fullest, we only live once ☺
Fantastic to hear! Great advice too. ❤❤

By the way, have you read any good books you can recommend - I think we had similar taste! X

Fantastic to hear! Great advice too. ❤❤

By the way, have you read any good books you can recommend - I think we had similar taste! X
Ermmmmmm I’ve mainly been trying to read my TBR, so it’s been sequels or series I’m continuing recently.
I’ll have a look through what’s on my shelves for you.

I read a lot of fantasy/romantasy, I’m not sure if that’s a genre you would enjoy but if so then I highly highly recommend Forth wing/iron flame based on dragons and a school of dragon riders or any Sarah J Maas series.
Everything she writes is magic, the ACOTAR series is about faeries but don’t let that fool you the batboys are 😍
The crescent city series is about mythical creatures in a different world that is similar to ours but not which is also brilliant.

The Strike novels (JKRowling) written under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith. They’re crime cases that are investigated by 2 private detectives.
Each of those novels are single cases with an overarching story so you could in theory pick any of them up out of order and enjoy them but would likely be spoiled on a few things if you did but they’re brilliant.

The secret life of Addie La Rue ( V E Schwab) is an historical romance about a young girl Addie who makes a deal with the devil to live forever but nobody will ever remember her once she walks away from them or they’ve been to sleep. It spans the centuries in Paris/france and it’s a sad but interesting premise of a book, V Schwab was writing it for over 10 years.

Erm Daisy Jones and the six by Taylor Jenkins Reid is another which has Fleetwood Mac vibes, it’s about a band in the 70’s and is written in interview form and story as well and currently has a tv show adaptation on prime.

Anything before Daisy isn’t great by her but the seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo (Hollywood film star historical) and anything beyond that I recommend.
She also has another about Tennis called Carrie Soto is back which I think you’d definitely enjoy and Malibu rising about a surfer family.

Not sure if any of those are of interest but I thought I’d throw a bit of everything in just in case.

For reference I’ve added pics of the batboys of ACOTAR to tempt you further, I’ll warn you though those books are literal crack and if you you start them and get through the 1st book you won’t be able to put them down.

Attachments

• Haha
Good Morning, ladies! Hope you are all keeping well. 🥰

It looks like Mr MK will not be going to the States after all. He has hit a problem in work which, if not fixed, will postpone the project, ie the trip.

I had wonderful, sneaky and devious plans of Limoncello Spritz at 5pm, reading in the garden, not looking at a single potato let alone boiling, baking or roasting them. No cooking whatsoever, just a salad bar, cheese and wine and friends popping in at any time of the day or night... well, that’s put paid to that. Bonnet off and pinny on.

Ermmmmmm I’ve mainly been trying to read my TBR, so it’s been sequels or series I’m continuing recently.
I’ll have a look through what’s on my shelves for you.

I read a lot of fantasy/romantasy, I’m not sure if that’s a genre you would enjoy but if so then I highly highly recommend Forth wing/iron flame based on dragons and a school of dragon riders or any Sarah J Maas series.
Everything she writes is magic, the ACOTAR series is about faeries but don’t let that fool you the batboys are 😍
The crescent city series is about mythical creatures in a different world that is similar to ours but not which is also brilliant.

The Strike novels (JKRowling) written under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith. They’re crime cases that are investigated by 2 private detectives.
Each of those novels are single cases with an overarching story so you could in theory pick any of them up out of order and enjoy them but would likely be spoiled on a few things if you did but they’re brilliant.

The secret life of Addie La Rue ( V E Schwab) is an historical romance about a young girl Addie who makes a deal with the devil to live forever but nobody will ever remember her once she walks away from them or they’ve been to sleep. It spans the centuries in Paris/france and it’s a sad but interesting premise of a book, V Schwab was writing it for over 10 years.

Erm Daisy Jones and the six by Taylor Jenkins Reid is another which has Fleetwood Mac vibes, it’s about a band in the 70’s and is written in interview form and story as well and currently has a tv show adaptation on prime.

Anything before Daisy isn’t great by her but the seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo (Hollywood film star historical) and anything beyond that I recommend.
She also has another about Tennis called Carrie Soto is back which I think you’d definitely enjoy and Malibu rising about a surfer family.

Not sure if any of those are of interest but I thought I’d throw a bit of everything in just in case.

For reference I’ve added pics of the batboys of ACOTAR to tempt you further, I’ll warn you though those books are literal crack and if you you start them and get through the 1st book you won’t be able to put them down.
Ah, thank you! I do not need a crack addiction so will forgo the naughty batboys! I have also read and loved the Robert Galbraith, the Evelyn Hugo was wonderful - Carrie Soto and Daisy Jones both v enjoyable. The V Schwab I will give a go - I love anything Parisian. I recommended The Caretakers here before - excellent book about an incident in a Parisian neighbourhood and who is held accountable.

Thoroughly enjoying The Guest Book by Sarah Blake. Its about the Miltons - the banking family - the money and lifestyle, the tragedy that befell them, the subsequent purchase of Crockett Island, the money drying up, the sale of the island and the great grand-daughter uncovering unspoken secrets.

It’s always interesting to read about the lives of the wealthy but when compared to the grand-daughter’s perspective - made to feel mortified to be associated with such white privilege by her colleagues, it just illustrates how the world and the rules changed from 1935 through to present. Well-written and interesting.

Good Morning, ladies! Hope you are all keeping well. 🥰

It looks like Mr MK will not be going to the States after all. He has hit a problem in work which, if not fixed, will postpone the project, ie the trip.

I had wonderful, sneaky and devious plans of Limoncello Spritz at 5pm, reading in the garden, not looking at a single potato let alone boiling, baking or roasting them. No cooking whatsoever, just a salad bar, cheese and wine and friends popping in at any time of the day or night... well, that’s put paid to that. Bonnet off and pinny on.

Ah, thank you! I do not need a crack addiction so will forgo the naughty batboys! I have also read and loved the Robert Galbraith, the Evelyn Hugo was wonderful - Carrie Soto and Daisy Jones both v enjoyable. The V Schwab I will give a go - I love anything Parisian. I recommended The Caretakers here before - excellent book about an incident in a Parisian neighbourhood and who is held accountable.

Thoroughly enjoying The Guest Book by Sarah Blake. Its about the Miltons - the banking family - the money and lifestyle, the tragedy that befell them, the subsequent purchase of Crockett Island, the money drying up, the sale of the island and the great grand-daughter uncovering unspoken secrets.

It’s always interesting to read about the lives of the wealthy but when compared to the grand-daughter’s perspective - made to feel mortified to be associated with such white privilege by her colleagues, it just illustrates how the world and the rules changed from 1935 through to present. Well-written and interesting.

Have you thought about signing up to netgalley?
I’m not sure of the process but you can apply to read arcs of books in return for giving reviews on goodreads. A lot of the ladies on the book thread are on there so I don’t think it’s difficult to access, you just have to be approved for the book.
You might find some decent reads on there ☺

• Wow
Have you thought about signing up to netgalley?
I’m not sure of the process but you can apply to read arcs of books in return for giving reviews on goodreads. A lot of the ladies on the book thread are on there so I don’t think it’s difficult to access, you just have to be approved for the book.
You might find some decent reads on there ☺
I was completely unaware of Netgalley - how fascinating! Who’d have thunk? I’m going to apply - thank you! I adore reading - I can never have enough books. I must say the Dun-Laoghaire Rathdown Library service is excellent too. I can reserve 15 books at a time and they email as each one becomes available at your chosen branch. Again, everything is via the website - there are recommendations based on what you last read and online renewals.

I do still love a good in-branch browse too though.

You’re more than welcome, saves some penny’s and that’s not a bad thing plus you’re getting access to books that aren’t released yet.
It’s worth a shot at applying, 🤞🏻 you’re accepted.
We don’t have a local library anymore and I think that’s because it was so underused it ended up shutting which is a shame.
So now it’s Waterstones or Amazon and I begrudge giving so much money to the latter.

You’re more than welcome, saves some penny’s and that’s not a bad thing plus you’re getting access to books that aren’t released yet.
It’s worth a shot at applying, 🤞🏻 you’re accepted.
We don’t have a local library anymore and I think that’s because it was so underused it ended up shutting which is a shame.
So now it’s Waterstones or Amazon and I begrudge giving so much money to the latter.
Same - I’m not a fan of Amazon however it is a brilliant go-to for niche products plus I really rate the value, choice and reviews. When you’re budgeting like me - young girls in the house - you are forced into a corner. What to do?

Re Libraries - it’s funny, isn’t it? They used to be dusty places with old books and now they are a hub of activity - certainly here in Dublin - of Leaving Cert students taking over, studying. I love that - it’ll make libraries nostalgic for them too in later years - plus little ones in reading groups and toddlers in a circle for early learning. Older folk being taught computer skills, etc. it makes me sad that so many are closing. We are really fighting to keep ours - art exhibitions, authors doing readings - anything to promote and encourage. Very tough when online has taken over but the thing about reading is that there is so much to discuss so it should have more of a reading community inclusion.

Same - I’m not a fan of Amazon however it is a brilliant go-to for niche products plus I really rate the value, choice and reviews. When you’re budgeting like me - young girls in the house - you are forced into a corner. What to do?

Re Libraries - it’s funny, isn’t it? They used to be dusty places with old books and now they are a hub of activity - certainly here in Dublin - of Leaving Cert students taking over, studying. I love that - it’ll make libraries nostalgic for them too in later years - plus little ones in reading groups and toddlers in a circle for early learning. Older folk being taught computer skills, etc. it makes me sad that so many are closing. We are really fighting to keep ours - art exhibitions, authors doing readings - anything to promote and encourage. Very tough when online has taken over but the thing about reading is that there is so much to discuss so it should have more of a reading community inclusion.
Amazon unfortunately has everybody in a choke hold because it’s nearly always cheaper than everywhere else, It’s just shameful what they get away with and the bank balance of the owner is eye watering.
That’s why I hate supporting that company but needs must and it’s convenient.

Library’s are a life source to many, they’re literally the heart of communities unfortunately budgets get cut and that’s the 1st place to be removed as it’s the easiest option in councils eyes.
Sad really, as a child I always remember my mum taking me and my brother for our weekly trip to get books out and being so excited to take home our pile of books to read.
A lot of library’s are now going online as well with borrow box and libby so their isn’t much need for the building anymore unfortunately.

• Sad
Amazon unfortunately has everybody in a choke hold because it’s nearly always cheaper than everywhere else, It’s just shameful what they get away with and the bank balance of the owner is eye watering.
That’s why I hate supporting that company but needs must and it’s convenient.

Library’s are a life source to many, they’re literally the heart of communities unfortunately budgets get cut and that’s the 1st place to be removed as it’s the easiest option in councils eyes.
Sad really, as a child I always remember my mum taking me and my brother for our weekly trip to get books out and being so excited to take home our pile of books to read.
A lot of library’s are now going online as well with borrow box and libby so their isn’t much need for the building anymore unfortunately.
Well - as me and @Kittycat86 are ruminating - where have you all gone?! I know it’s planting season but floppin’ hell - are you all in your greenhouses or what??

Hello dearest. Sorry, I haven’t been too good and Teddy isn’t either. Bit gloomy my end so best waiting for things to pass. Sending much love to all though xxx

• Heart
Hello dearest. Sorry, I haven’t been too good and Teddy isn’t either. Bit gloomy my end so best waiting for things to pass. Sending much love to all though xxx
Oh, I’m sorry, @Oops. I hope you and Teddy feel better soon.

I had an airport run yesterday morning (youngest off to Sweden for five days visiting a friend) and then had to locate a DPD depot at the most appalling location in Dublin, somewhere off the busiest roundabout in Walkinstown and in what looked like a scrapyard with no parking... the US Embassy in Dublin allows you to pay €30 to get your passport back or pick it up yourself at this daft location. I nearly murdered her for picking the latter. You will remember the elder daughter is off to Chicago on the 28th.

Apart from the stress, my arm was killing me from half the day in the car.

Gem isn’t very well either. She insisted on sleeping with us last night but was so unsettled and kept going from one end of the bed to the other. She also has a sick stomach.

I’m going to Trinity College for the ballet tomorrow night and my daughter is going to Girls Aloud - lucky her.

Love to all today. ❤

• Heart