Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh not the dreaded physio again? Agghhhh! I hope it’s not too painful this time! You have a nice dinner to look forward to though…Focus on that perhaps? I’m looking forward to eating more cleanly just as soon as all the treats are gone…😜

• Heart
Reactions: 3
…at last a day without rain. A blue sky and some of my roses on the terrace the size of saucers this year…💕🌹

Their scent fills the air - it’s so lovely…

IMG_0452.jpeg

• Heart
Ah, stop - this is actually divine, @Oops - absolute perfection. You could be a professional interior designer - exquisite taste. You have a New England vibe that is my fave...

The sun is surely out! It was 26 in the car 🥵🥵. I know because I was bringing herself to another job interview. Dunnes Stores this time - please pray she gets it. 🙏 Fantastic company that is a phenomenal student employer around South Co Dublin. €14 per hour and double on Sundays - long shifts but that’s fine as local.

Physio was brutal. Five injections into the nerves but she thinks in 3 or 4 months I could be pain free.

• Heart
5 injections INTO THE NERVES!
IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED?

NO! STOPPIT!
Flopping flop! After that torture I would be demanding the pain stops immediately. As in NO pain whatsoever - ever again.
S’too much.

Speaking of interior design, have any of you looked at Charlotte Gaisford’s website? Oh! The joys of Charlotte Gaisford. I had a little pink chair done in some of her pink fabrics and I just love it. I will puff upstairs and take a photo later on and show you. I’m thinking of using a wallpaper of hers in my bedroom ( that’s if I can find a bloke or woman to do the work without having to show them how to hang the flopping paper myself. There is a man locally who charges £300 per roll. My bedroom would take 8 rolls…I mean it’s utterly ridiculous!

I can’t believe the last week or so since the 1st of May has gone SO quickly. I am recovered now from all the excitement of the family visit and the extended stay out in the country with my son. I might be going back there soon as my daughter is going there to look after his 2 dogs, cat and hens whilst he goes to a festival for 4 days.

Another blue sky day! I have resolved to have all my meals sitting outside in the garden whilst it’s so lovely. More and more roses are coming through. My hollyhocks are starting to shoot up a little as are my blue sweet peas. My campanulas never came back sadly but some alliums have come through and my lupins are covered in spiky buds. Tally ho!

How did your glam supper go Havisham? Was it delicious? What did you eat?

Hope Thursday was ok dearest @Miscanthus. I was thinking of you as ever.

Sending love xx
---
IMG_0455.jpeg

---
Pretty little French chair in CG fabric…

Last edited:
  • Heart
5 injections INTO THE NERVES!
IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED?

NO! STOPPIT!
Flopping flop! After that torture I would be demanding the pain stops immediately. As in NO pain whatsoever - ever again.
S’too much.

Speaking of interior design, have any of you looked at Charlotte Gaisford’s website? Oh! The joys of Charlotte Gaisford. I had a little pink chair done in some of her pink fabrics and I just love it. I will puff upstairs and take a photo later on and show you. I’m thinking of using a wallpaper of hers in my bedroom ( that’s if I can find a bloke or woman to do the work without having to show them how to hang the flopping paper myself. There is a man locally who charges £300 per roll. My bedroom would take 8 rolls…I mean it’s utterly ridiculous!

I can’t believe the last week or so since the 1st of May has gone SO quickly. I am recovered now from all the excitement of the family visit and the extended stay out in the country with my son. I might be going back there soon as my daughter is going there to look after his 2 dogs, cat and hens whilst he goes to a festival for 4 days.

Another blue sky day! I have resolved to have all my meals sitting outside in the garden whilst it’s so lovely. More and more roses are coming through. My hollyhocks are starting to shoot up a little as are my blue sweet peas. My campanulas never came back sadly but some alliums have come through and my lupins are covered in spiky buds. Tally ho!

How did your glam supper go Havisham? Was it delicious? What did you eat?

Hope Thursday was ok dearest @Miscanthus. I was thinking of you as ever.

Sending love xx
---
View attachment 2928427
---
Pretty little French chair in CG fabric…
So pretty, @Oops - gorgeous! I have a pair of chairs from my mum and dad’s house a little similar. I added two fun cushions from Ikea to keep similar colours but add something a little abstract. I will look at CG’s website - what a shame it’s so expensive to get someone to hang wallpaper. It would be cheaper to take a course in it!

9C2D3ADB-9902-4175-A158-B6242F628644.jpeg
74C8050C-9BB0-4398-82CA-613C1C879FB9.jpeg

• Heart
Oh I just love the red striped ticking - such a pretty chair - right up my street. Anything Swedish or French looking and anything painted too. Makes me happy. Lovely!
---
Did you go for your glam dinner?
---
Also, how long will you have to wait to hear if your daughter got the job?
---
Fingers crossed this end 🤞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh I just love the red striped ticking - such a pretty chair - right up my street. Anything Swedish or French looking and anything painted too. Makes me happy. Lovely!
---
Did you go for your glam dinner?
---
Also, how long will you have to wait to hear if your daughter got the job?
---
Fingers crossed this end 🤞
Well, dinner was FAB! We are also thoroughly enjoying the sun here so a Hendricks and Slimline in the beer garden of the pub nect door was jst the ticket. We then moved into the restaurant and started with three ‘Bites’ - one courgette flower stuffed with goats cheese, homemade bread with a scrumptious truffle butter and olives and nuts. Yum. I had the steamed dumplings for starters followed by the John Dory and we shared a chocolate torte for dessert. I’ve been there five times now and I must say it never fails. Scrumptious. The portions are delicate so you never feel full or uncomfortable. The bill is usually quite hefty but it’s worth it. Nothing more annoying than spending money on mediocre food.

Daughter did the interview and they will tell her within a week to ten days whether she has got it which seems a little long to me - then she will do online training in health and food safety for and then hopefully start. Fingers crossed you and me both.

I’m so happy your garden is in full bloom and bringing you joy. Your roses and irises are so pretty. ❤💐

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Girls - Northern lights tonight?? Can we - will we - stay up? I’m not sure... I’m soo tired. Gem barking at 5am to be let out and I honestly never went back to sleep. Aaargh - should we?

Lovely, lovely lady I spoke to at Lidl today showed me pics and it looked glorious. It’s around 11pm where you are too, right?
---
Let’s dance, Girls, this is our Allie at her finest...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Got my alarm set for 10.30! Darling @Peppypoopar gave the alert yesterday and showed her photos. I am sooo excited for this! I’ve never seen them but always wanted to.

(loved the Gnarls B btw!).

Your menu sounds sooo good. I think I might have chosen the exact meal you describe! I’m still fridge raiding like it’s going out of fashion. Saves cooking and it’s just so yummy. Full of things I don’t allow myself normally. It’s a bit like Christmas. The champagne truffles were the first things to go. I’m half way through a lemon torte and the latticed apple pie lasted a good 20 minutes when I got back.😜

Teddy on the other hand is still not eating very much at all and I’m cooking for him to little avail…🤐

• Heart
Well I’ve been in and out like a push-chair since 10.30 pm. Nada! Absolutely zilch! NO Aurora Borealis for flopping me! Tch! Such a let down. I sooooo wanted to see it. Humph. There will now be a short intermission whilst I sulk…

• Haha
Well I’ve been in and out like a push-chair since 10.30 pm. Nada! Absolutely zilch! NO Aurora Borealis for flopping me! Tch! Such a let down. I sooooo wanted to see it. Humph. There will now be a short intermission whilst I sulk…

I didn’t see owt either! Mind you, I was watching the Eurovision with real time narration courtesy of my WhatsApp reunion group so it was fun. The usual politically motivated voting, mind you, with Switzerland winning. You can’t get more neutral than that!

No Northern Lights but another sunny day to be enjoyed. Spf and bonnets, Ladies.

• Heart
I didn’t see owt either! Mind you, I was watching the Eurovision with real time narration courtesy of my WhatsApp reunion group so it was fun. The usual politically motivated voting, mind you, with Switzerland winning. You can’t get more neutral than that!

No Northern Lights but another sunny day to be enjoyed. Spf and bonnets, Ladies.
I hope you don’t mind me popping in, but what was your thoughts on the Ireland performance?
I thought it was brilliant but some articles I read online were against it due to the witchy element so was curious what you thought?
Also who was your favourite? X

• Heart
I hope you don’t mind me popping in, but what was your thoughts on the Ireland performance?
I thought it was brilliant but some articles I read online were against it due to the witchy element so was curious what you thought?
Also who was your favourite? X
I actually loved it! I thought it was quite original - kind of goth witch meets FKA Twigs! I was really hoping for a win. My second choice was France but would have been happy enough for Ukraine to win. I did not rate Switzerland at all. Plus, I know the first round of votes was each country jury as per usual - but was confused by the second round. Was that phone in votes or audience votes. Suddenly, there were hundreds of points awarded! Can you explain and who did you want to win?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I actually loved it! I thought it was quite original - kind of goth witch meets FKA Twigs! I was really hoping for a win. My second choice was France but would have been happy enough for Ukraine to win. I did not rate Switzerland at all. Plus, I know the first round of votes was each country jury as per usual - but was confused by the second round. Was that phone in votes or audience votes. Suddenly, there were hundreds of points awarded! Can you explain and who did you want to win?
I honestly thought Ireland was brilliant and something different for that show which is very camp and poppy so it was very much a palate cleanse almost.
You’re right about the FKA twigs vibes, now you mention it I can see what you mean.
I thought they would win or at least come close but you done really well though.

Ireland was actually my pick and I quite liked Finland actually it was chaotically good, it kinda summed Eurovision up really with the random dancing in his pants with a crazy song behind it.
It was definitely good for a laugh.
I actually thought Switzerland was quite boring and a safe option, I don’t doubt that’s why they won as they’re very much neutral in everything but I didn’t like it at all.

So the acts have to perform twice, the day before is for the jury votes which was what the 1-12 points was about then on the night they perform again which we all saw and the general public then vote and that’s what the 100’s points were for.
Poor UK got zero again but if anything it’s a running joke now and we should fully expect tha what will happen every time x

• Heart
I honestly thought Ireland was brilliant and something different for that show which is very camp and poppy so it was very much a palate cleanse almost.
You’re right about the FKA twigs vibes, now you mention it I can see what you mean.
I thought they would win or at least come close but you done really well though.

Ireland was actually my pick and I quite liked Finland actually it was chaotically good, it kinda summed Eurovision up really with the random dancing in his pants with a crazy song behind it.
It was definitely good for a laugh.
I actually thought Switzerland was quite boring and a safe option, I don’t doubt that’s why they won as they’re very much neutral in everything but I didn’t like it at all.

So the acts have to perform twice, the day before is for the jury votes which was what the 1-12 points was about then on the night they perform again which we all saw and the general public then vote and that’s what the 100’s points were for.
Poor UK got zero again but if anything it’s a running joke now and we should fully expect tha what will happen every time x
Oh, thank you for explaining - yes, UK did badly. There was talk of the vocals being weak and the audience couldn’t hear his singing.

Re Finland - I think we need to post a pic for the ladies here who missed the adonis himself.

A901A0C0-9D5E-4124-BBFC-9758B864B5CD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh, thank you for explaining - yes, UK did badly. There was talk of the vocals being weak and the audience couldn’t hear his singing.

Re Finland - I think we need to post a pic for the ladies here who missed the adonis himself.

View attachment 2930655
Their should be legends written about this saucy minx of a man, it was definitely the socks and sandals that pulled the outfit together nicely 😉😆 x

• Haha
IMG_0456.jpeg

No! I’m sorry but just no! My retinas are now scarred. I never watch Eurovision so cant join in.

• Haha
Weerrrllll…he closed everything down didn’t he? 🫣😜

…back to me crack pipe then…

• Haha
View attachment 2932070
No! I’m sorry but just no! My retinas are now scarred. I never watch Eurovision so cant join in.
You definitely missed out on this sauce pot dream boat of a specimen.
It’s the gay super bowl so maybe next year you should give it a go, it’s just 4hrs of nonsense but good for a laugh and sometimes that’s exactly what the world needs ☺

• Heart