Video Games #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks, just wasn't sure as I was expecting it to say 1tb, I knew it wouldn't show I had 1tb as space has already been taking up but good to know it's as it should be

My other problem seems to be there's no Bluetooth on it which am a bit annoyed at as for the price I'd have expected that but had looked at everything, watched yt an I've nothing showing for it that should show if I had it so looks like I'll need to go buy a adaptor for it as I had wanted to connect my Xbox or playstation controllers to it which I can't do
I hope you enjoy your new PC.
Some stuff is a ball ache getting your head round getting started (modding etc). It's often counter-intuitive/needlessly faffy.
Your mention of lack of BT on various motherboards is just one example. Though this functionality is improving.

Reactions: 1
I hope you enjoy your new PC.
Some stuff is a ball ache getting your head round getting started (modding etc). It's often counter-intuitive/needlessly faffy.
Your mention of lack of BT on various motherboards is just one example. Though this functionality is improving.
Thanks I've been enjoying it a ton, I got myself a Bluetooth adaptor an have managed to hook up my Xbox controller to it now which is great because I still struggle with mouse an keyboard gaming so if I can use my controller then I do, managed to work out how to mod games as well so have modded stardew with a ton, I might need to calm down though since it takes a while for the game to load now 😅

I started The Last of Us Part 2 recently. I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm still getting used to the controls. I've never played the first game, but I've seen the TV series and, while I was interested in playing it, the first game is £20 more expensive than the second which makes no sense to me!

Are you all mostly PC gamers? I only had a Switch until recently, but since I've bought a PS5 I feel like I've joined the next generation - albeit late! But even PS5 and Xbox Series X owners are behind PC gamers in terms of power/graphics.

I used to play PC games ages ago but I found upgrades were needed too often. Every time a new game came out that I was interested in, I'd need to assess whether it was worth getting if my PC only met the minimum rather than recommended settings. So I only play on consoles now. It's nice to know that as long as a game is available for a console you own you'll be able to play it with no issues.

I started The Last of Us Part 2 recently. I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm still getting used to the controls. I've never played the first game, but I've seen the TV series and, while I was interested in playing it, the first game is £20 more expensive than the second which makes no sense to me!

Are you all mostly PC gamers? I only had a Switch until recently, but since I've bought a PS5 I feel like I've joined the next generation - albeit late! But even PS5 and Xbox Series X owners are behind PC gamers in terms of power/graphics.

I used to play PC games ages ago but I found upgrades were needed too often. Every time a new game came out that I was interested in, I'd need to assess whether it was worth getting if my PC only met the minimum rather than recommended settings. So I only play on consoles now. It's nice to know that as long as a game is available for a console you own you'll be able to play it with no issues.
I own a switch but play both PC and Xbox.
I used to be only PC but then when my PC broke, I couldn't get another and ended up with an Xbox so went for Xbox for years and then finally got a new PC 2 years ago and have gone back to that!

I have a clunky old laptop which runs some things like Stardew or Sims 4. I’ve also got PS5, Switch and late last year got a Steam Deck. I prefer playing handheld on the sofa now though

I own a switch but play both PC and Xbox.
I used to be only PC but then when my PC broke, I couldn't get another and ended up with an Xbox so went for Xbox for years and then finally got a new PC 2 years ago and have gone back to that!
I guess you notice a difference between the PC and the Series X! I think consoles are good for people who don't want to keep up to date with the latest PC hardware.
---
I have a clunky old laptop which runs some things like Stardew or Sims 4. I’ve also got PS5, Switch and late last year got a Steam Deck. I prefer playing handheld on the sofa now though
I keep forgetting about the Steam Deck! I've got a Switch but I mostly play it docked, yet one of my friends plays his Switch handheld about 90% of the time.

I've finally all now, started off with my Xbox 360 that I got for Xmas, upgraded to the one I think two years after it was released as it was on deal then saved up to get my very first launch console which was the series X, still love my Xbox as it was my very first ever console, got my switch a few years back as part of my phone contract an absolute love I can travel with it, when I got new job last year I treated myself to a PS5 an now have recently gotten a pc which I saved for, needed a computer anyway so thought might as well go for one more focused on gaming

But if am being honest, I really can't tell difference in graphics between the X, PS an pc 😅 I don't know if maybe it's my eyes or what but they all literally look the same to me, they all load just as quickly as one another as well, I haven't found any difference, the only thing I'd say is I can mod on pc which I can't on the consoles an pc obvs has more choice an that's been the only difference, am playing all the latest games an if someone had loaded a game without telling me the platform I'd struggle to guess between the consoles an pc 😅

I guess you notice a difference between the PC and the Series X! I think consoles are good for people who don't want to keep up to date with the latest PC hardware.
---

I keep forgetting about the Steam Deck! I've got a Switch but I mostly play it docked, yet one of my friends plays his Switch handheld about 90% of the time.
I definitely agree about consoles and not having to keep up with hardware.

I definitely agree about consoles and not having to keep up with hardware.
I love that you don't need to worry about hardware with consoles but I wish they would at least still release games a little bit longer than they do, it seems to get faster every new console release that they eventually forget about the prev gen

I've finally all now, started off with my Xbox 360 that I got for Xmas, upgraded to the one I think two years after it was released as it was on deal then saved up to get my very first launch console which was the series X, still love my Xbox as it was my very first ever console, got my switch a few years back as part of my phone contract an absolute love I can travel with it, when I got new job last year I treated myself to a PS5 an now have recently gotten a pc which I saved for, needed a computer anyway so thought might as well go for one more focused on gaming

But if am being honest, I really can't tell difference in graphics between the X, PS an pc 😅 I don't know if maybe it's my eyes or what but they all literally look the same to me, they all load just as quickly as one another as well, I haven't found any difference, the only thing I'd say is I can mod on pc which I can't on the consoles an pc obvs has more choice an that's been the only difference, am playing all the latest games an if someone had loaded a game without telling me the platform I'd struggle to guess between the consoles an pc 😅
Interesting to hear about the PC and PS5/Series X being very similar. I suppose it makes sense, as we probably need to head into the next generation for games to start looking even more realistic. I'm assuming GTA 6 will look amazing, as I didn't think GTA 5 looked bad and it will obviously be an improvement on that.

I think I mentioned previously that, until I got my PS5, I played games solely on the Switch, so that was the norm to me. Going from the Switch to the PS5 feels like a big jump, so I'm still enjoying the novelty of what I see as amazing graphics. I was swinging through New York in Spider-Man 2 recently and was in awe at how good it looked!

I also had Hogwarts Legacy on the Switch and enjoyed it so much I had to get the PS5 version as well for my second playthrough. Again, it looks so much better on PS5 and loads about ten times faster. I'll beat it much more quickly just because I'm not sat looking at friggin' loading screens for ages. 😂

Interesting to hear about the PC and PS5/Series X being very similar. I suppose it makes sense, as we probably need to head into the next generation for games to start looking even more realistic. I'm assuming GTA 6 will look amazing, as I didn't think GTA 5 looked bad and it will obviously be an improvement on that.

I think I mentioned previously that, until I got my PS5, I played games solely on the Switch, so that was the norm to me. Going from the Switch to the PS5 feels like a big jump, so I'm still enjoying the novelty of what I see as amazing graphics. I was swinging through New York in Spider-Man 2 recently and was in awe at how good it looked!

I also had Hogwarts Legacy on the Switch and enjoyed it so much I had to get the PS5 version as well for my second playthrough. Again, it looks so much better on PS5 and loads about ten times faster. I'll beat it much more quickly just because I'm not sat looking at friggin' loading screens for ages. 😂
Oh I can definitely see the difference in games between switch an Xbox/ps/pc, I seen some gameplay of Hogwarts on switch as I was curious an you can see straight away the Xbox an PS overtake it on graphics, the only games I see with great graphics on switch is the ones that are made purely for the switch like fire emblem, Zelda, mario etc but when they do none switch games it seems graphics can't compare to the others

As far as am aware the trailers for GTA6 are what it's meant to look like, apparently from the games testers what we have seen is more or less what we are getting an tbh the trailers looked amazing, I really cannot wait for the game

I hope you enjoy Hogwarts, I absolutely loved the game an still play it a year later 🙂

I played Hogwarts on my PS5 last year, then got it for my Steam Deck during a sale. I was playing it all last week, but I’ve had to send my deck away for repair as it has a faulty volume button (a common fault) so I finally shipped it off yesterday

Just had a notification from ShopTo that they've dispatched Resident Evil 4 (Gold Edition). It's released on Friday and has the base game, plus the DLC for a decent price.

1709723028906.png

I need to stop buying games now, though. That's the problem with getting a new console; I just want to buy all the games I've missed over the last couple of years. 😂

There's a lot of nostalgia when it comes to RE4 for me, because I bought it way back when it was released as a GameCube exclusive. I'm still not sure how Nintendo got Capcom to agree to that. Admittedly the exclusivity ran out after around a year.

Reactions: 2
It very much depends on the individual hardware. There are a couple of great Youtube channels out there that do comparisons of the same games on different set ups - PS5/4, Xbox X/S, PC with different graphics cards, and there is definitely a difference. Same with load times. We watch A LOT of gaming and PC building channels in our house 🤣

We have two custom built gaming PCs and I can tell which one is on the screen based on what the game quality looks like as one PC is slightly higher spec than the other. Both can play next-gen games with no issues, but mine gets best performance on "high" settings whereas my other half has a better GPU and CPU in his and can run games in ultra mode with ray tracing so it does look a lot sharper.

We have future-proofed both our PCs and are unlikely at this point to need to upgrade any hardware for a good few years now. Yes it has been an expensive process so far (bought one PC, upgraded bits over the course of a year and a half and then used the original components to build the second one which has now also been upgraded slightly) but it's been worth it. I don't think we would ever go back to console gaming - although I do also have a switch!

It very much depends on the individual hardware. There are a couple of great Youtube channels out there that do comparisons of the same games on different set ups - PS5/4, Xbox X/S, PC with different graphics cards, and there is definitely a difference. Same with load times. We watch A LOT of gaming and PC building channels in our house 🤣

We have two custom built gaming PCs and I can tell which one is on the screen based on what the game quality looks like as one PC is slightly higher spec than the other. Both can play next-gen games with no issues, but mine gets best performance on "high" settings whereas my other half has a better GPU and CPU in his and can run games in ultra mode with ray tracing so it does look a lot sharper.

We have future-proofed both our PCs and are unlikely at this point to need to upgrade any hardware for a good few years now. Yes it has been an expensive process so far (bought one PC, upgraded bits over the course of a year and a half and then used the original components to build the second one which has now also been upgraded slightly) but it's been worth it. I don't think we would ever go back to console gaming - although I do also have a switch!
Interesting! I suppose it's a case of when you're really interested in something you'll notice even small differences. A bit like how audiophiles will be able to notice tiny discrepancies between different speakers and headphones, whereas the average person off the street will only be able to notice big differences.

I sometimes watch YouTube videos of 4K games with the settings set to maximum and you can notice a difference. But I think when you're in the middle of a game you can almost 'forget' about it. I'm still in the honeymoon phase of my PS5 so I think it looks great when I start playing a game, but once I'm stuck into the action - say in Hogwarts Legacy - I forget and it just becomes part of the norm.

I get that you wouldn't want to go back to console gaming though if you've put a lot of money into building gaming PCs, though, as consoles must feel restrictive in comparison.

Interesting! I suppose it's a case of when you're really interested in something you'll notice even small differences. A bit like how audiophiles will be able to notice tiny discrepancies between different speakers and headphones, whereas the average person off the street will only be able to notice big differences.
My other half notices the smallest little graphic details while gaming it's insane. I'll be running around on a game that's really graphically complex, like Cyberpunk or the new Avatar game, and he'll make me stop because there was a tiny screen tear or something "looked jarring" that I didn't even notice and he'll go in to the graphics settings and fiddle about with it until it looks "perfect" - and to me it all just looks the same 🤣 🤣

• Haha
My other half notices the smallest little graphic details while gaming it's insane. I'll be running around on a game that's really graphically complex, like Cyberpunk or the new Avatar game, and he'll make me stop because there was a tiny screen tear or something "looked jarring" that I didn't even notice and he'll go in to the graphics settings and fiddle about with it until it looks "perfect" - and to me it all just looks the same 🤣 🤣
Haha I'd be the same. I notice obvious screen tearing, but anyone with eyes would!

Are you enjoying Cyberpunk and Avatar? I know Cyberpunk was riddled with problems when it launched but I hear it's much better now after they released a patch.

Haha I'd be the same. I notice obvious screen tearing, but anyone with eyes would!

Are you enjoying Cyberpunk and Avatar? I know Cyberpunk was riddled with problems when it launched but I hear it's much better now after they released a patch.
Cyberpunk is great! OH played it originally on PS4 when it came out with all the issues and it was playable, but just! We have both played it now on PC and it's like a different game. I really wasn't sure if I'd like it but the story just draws you in. I just stuck it on story-mode as it's not my usual style of combat and had a great time playing it. I've completed the main game and the Phantom Liberty expansion. Definitely recommend.

Avatar is also great. Very visually stunning. The gameplay isn't the most exciting and have seen a few people complain about the quality of the story, but it's SO immersive and a massive part of the game is just exploring the world, cooking, crafting, hunting etc. I've really enjoyed playing it. The devs did a great job making an open world Pandora.