Vicky Pattison #2 VIP edge = vile, ignorant, pigheaded

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iv never posted anything on Vicki before. I don’t follow her. She’s just not on my radar. I saw her post shared by someone else. I’m writing this here simply because she clearly reads here. I don’t know why celebrities and bloggers feel they are entitled to dictate what people say and think. I agree that commenting horrible things under someone photos or messaging them is unnecessary. I’d never do it. But it’s beyond me why they think they are entitled to police peoples thoughts?! Their Instagram pages are adverts. People are allowed comment on adverts! If they want a personal private page for their friends and family they should have one & nobody will comment on it. Because it’s private and your personal life. But you can’t have a public Instagram page that is an advertising tool and run a dictatorship on it that nobody is allowed comment on or disagree with what you are saying/advertising. It is bizarre they think they are entitled to police what’s written by others on a page they aren’t invited or forced to read?!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Iv never posted anything on Vicki before. I don’t follow her. She’s just not on my radar. I saw her post shared by someone else. I’m writing this here simply because she clearly reads here. I don’t know why celebrities and bloggers feel they are entitled to dictate what people say and think. I agree that commenting horrible things under someone photos or messaging them is unnecessary. I’d never do it. But it’s beyond me why they think they are entitled to police peoples thoughts?! Their Instagram pages are adverts. People are allowed comment on adverts! If they want a personal private page for their friends and family they should have one & nobody will comment on it. Because it’s private and your personal life. But you can’t have a public Instagram page that is an advertising tool and run a dictatorship on it that nobody is allowed comment on or disagree with what you are saying/advertising. It is bizarre they think they are entitled to police what’s written by others on a page they aren’t invited or forced to read?!
👏 👏 so true - a lot of these ‘influencers’ really need to get over themselves and realise they can be scrutinised just like everybody else

Reactions: 10
A lot of them see being held accountable, or someone asking an innocent question as trolling when it's not in any way, shape or form and use this victim narrative to drive content when out of ideas.

Reactions: 13
Exactly! She’s not just a normal person like you and me as she has a lifestyle that hardly anybody us can afford and gets sent free things left, right and Centre. If anyone sends her anything then she publicly displays the message; just delete it like others do. If you want to be a normal girl with a normal life then don’t have your life on display ❤

Reactions: 5
Exactly! She’s not just a normal person like you and me as she has a lifestyle that hardly anybody us can afford and gets sent free things left, right and Centre. If anyone sends her anything then she publicly displays the message; just delete it like others do. If you want to be a normal girl with a normal life then don’t have your life on display ❤
Exactly! And her page isn’t HER page. It’s a big advertisement. Ariel Washing powder aren’t going to get annoyed if we don’t like their ad. They need to either separate themselves from their pages i.e. have a private personal page & a seperate business page OR they need to be ok with comments. But they can’t dictate what people think about their advertisement and then play the....I’m a normal girl card. Go be a normal girl privately then on a seperate page! And then be an advertisement who doesn’t care about comments on your business page.

Reactions: 12
I’m honestly sick of influencers like Vicky shouting troll and hiding behind the #bekind movement and a bazillion filters. As soon as anyone disagrees or calls her out for valid reasons (undeclared ads, misinformation, photoshopping etc) she shouts troll and plays the “I’m just a humble normal girl, please be kind” card as though it absolves her of any agency for what she’s posting.

Reactions: 20
She also mixes “trolling” with “saying something I don’t like/agree with”. Trolling came about when people in the media (usually families who were grieving) were messaged privately with abuse, death threats, or threatened personally. Its meant to mean someone who purposefully writes something divisive to stir the pot.

It obviously still happens when people write abusive comments and send nasty messages. But people writing on a forum like this or commenting that they personally don’t like someone’s hair colour is NOT trolling. It’s called freedom of speech. And yes it hurts your feelings, but as you guys say - you’re CHOOSING to put yourself in the spotlight and make money from these followers.

Reactions: 20
I think these ‘influencers’ also forget the social part of social media. If you leave comments open you are inviting people into a discourse. Conversation is a collection of views and opinion so to then regulate conversation to only include positive or praise is not that at all and it’s also not healthy to only be told positive things. We grow from making mistakes and some of my personal errors have made me a better person or better at my job.
As the majority have said above if you can’t stand the feedback, good or bad, then make your profile private and then you will only have friends and family comment positively. I agree that literal trolling is terrible but constructive criticism is part of life and if that is too much then stop comments or go private but you can’t have it both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So she doesn’t want to be talked about... ever???

News flash love. People talk. She won’t stop that

She likes the money and the big house that comes with the fame though

Holly from g Shore didn’t like being picked on series one but Vicky didn’t give a f then. Why is she demanding be kind now? Why is she the holy grail now? Can’t bleeping stand her
Damn true!
Sorry to say but anyone in the public eye with have stuff said about them good and bad and sometimes bloody horrible but fir me the 2 things she put on her stories people were just asking what has she had done the quote was daft things to her face and what has she done to her teeth? I am sure people but worse.

Reactions: 4
Thing is she does want to be talked about, it’s what a z list celebrity craves more than anything, just can’t accept that not everyone will want to crawl up her arse

Reactions: 6
They want it both ways and you have to give up things to get the benefits - freebies, fame, houses, make up artists, PTs, delivery food. If we were told you can have an amazing life and you just had to ignore things people were saying to you online, a lot of us would jump at it knowing that you just have to brush off silky comments. This entitlement is what rubs people up the wrong way.

They want it both ways and you have to give up things to get the benefits - freebies, fame, houses, make up artists, PTs, delivery food. If we were told you can have an amazing life and you just had to ignore things people were saying to you online, a lot of us would jump at it knowing that you just have to brush off silky comments. This entitlement is what rubs people up the wrong way.
*Silly

Reactions: 3
Vicky has bullied people in the past so she has some nerve to accuse people of being trolls.

Reactions: 16
Here we go, she’s crying over the trolls.
I’m sure the 1000s of mostly young women who signed up to your crappy MLM travel business are also crying.
I have zero sympathy

Reactions: 12
The whole 'influencer' and reality star culture has to stop. They are classless dimwits flogging any old tat.
There are so many amazing actresses singers and artists for youngsters to look up to.
People who are talented and live life away from the public eye, who could probably get a freebie or two but decline due to wanting to be able to work at their craft but also have a normal life, and they can do that because they have talent.
This whole reality influencer thing is just so vile, talentless wannabes flogging shite to deluded wannabes.

Reactions: 14
The irony is,it still looks like she's wearing a wig.
FFS not the period essays again 😡
The relief Air Can must feel every time she posts one of her period essays knowing he didn't knock her up this month at least.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
OPEN ESSAY FOR VICKY PATTISON

I wanted to post this here, as it is very obvious that TATTLE is the “go-to” site to blame for all of the ill of the world according to Vicky Pattison and similar other such “influencers.”

I have taken issue with a lot of the things that has been said over the last few days and wanted to address this in the place which seems most appropriate.

There is the belief that, as a forum site, Tattle is a hotbed of “trolling.” Though this is true in some cases, for the most part what I have found with Tattle is that it is A PLACE WHERE CELEBRITIES CAN BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. We come on here and question things that seem suspicious, don’t add up, or have annoyed us about a particular person - and hold them accountable in a “safe” arena.

Unfortunately some of these “celebrities” do not understand this subtle distinction.

For the aforementioned Ms Vicky Pattison, I had followed her for a number of years and had always admired her. However, there were numerous instances where it was obvious to many of us that she had broken lockdown, not reported gifted items, stolen quotes to pass off as her own, and indeed stolen photographs from other accounts that were not hers.

I decided to just ask her if she was going to comment on the breaking lockdown rules on her instagram page - there was nothing malicious - merely a question I wanted answered as a follower. There were no threats, no answers, - merely a blocking and a deletion of the comments to support whatever narrative was deemed to be most suitable at that moment in time. Not trolling - just merely asking a question.

Many of us reported the free goods as these rules exist for a reason - and if you are not declaring these, you are then breaking these rules and there will be consequences - as with anything under laws that get broken. Again, not trolling, just consequences of actions that YOU have decided upon.

I have asked her to tag the person the quotes were from on her posts - to more blocking and deletion of the comments. Again not trolling, merely asking for intellectual copyright to be respected.

I have asked her to tag the photographer and account where many of her photos on her own account and her holidays account - she has blocked and deleted the comments. Again, not trolling, merely making sure that creatives get the publicity they deserve.

There is also this idea that we are “keyboard warriors” who would not say this to you in person. Yes I would Vicky and yes I have tried - many a time. You just choose to ignore this and then create a victim narrative which enrages your followers who will then attack anyone who says anything even remotely close to being negative on your account - a case of “be kind” but only to you and not everyone else.

(see recently a post where a woman dared to give your podcast a one star rating, you ranted and they all went and attacked the poor person who did this as you had given their username!)

You choose to have this life. You choose to put ALL up for people’s judgement. You do not get to choose at what points people are allowed to judge you and when they are not. You are trying to make yourself sound above any possible accountability and any wrongdoing, and the general public are becoming wise to this and do not like this.

Influencers say “you wouldn’t come into someones house and tell them you didn’t like their curtains and to change them.” Well this is the house of tattle and the same goes for us - we will not bow down to what you want us to behave like. Open your eyes, have some accountability and please realise that just because someone disagrees with you or asks a question, they are not “attacking” you - they are literally just living their life and staying curious.

So what is it Ms Pattison? Do you want only adoration and zero accountability for any decisions that you made? Do you want people to only ever like you (which anybody can tell you is not possible)? You live your life in the glare of the media - a choice YOU have made. You are an intelligent woman who understands the pitfalls of this. You will always have negative comments and nasty people messaging you - which I appreciate cannot be pleasant at all.

However - blaming any possible deviation from the perfection you are trying to achieve in your life (someone asking if you’ve had botox or fillers etc.) is NOT trolling - it is people (fans) trying to have conversations with someone who advertises themselves as “real” and interact with you - if this is something that is causing you as much pain as you say - perhaps it is time to do some self-reflection on what you put on instagram and when.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
👏👏👏 spot on! Exactly to the point.

Reactions: 3
OPEN ESSAY FOR VICKY PATTISON

I wanted to post this here, as it is very obvious that TATTLE is the “go-to” site to blame for all of the ill of the world according to Vicky Pattison and similar other such “influencers.”

I have taken issue with a lot of the things that has been said over the last few days and wanted to address this in the place which seems most appropriate.

There is the belief that, as a forum site, Tattle is a hotbed of “trolling.” Though this is true in some cases, for the most part what I have found with Tattle is that it is A PLACE WHERE CELEBRITIES CAN BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. We come on here and question things that seem suspicious, don’t add up, or have annoyed us about a particular person - and hold them accountable in a “safe” arena.

Unfortunately some of these “celebrities” do not understand this subtle distinction.

For the aforementioned Ms Vicky Pattison, I had followed her for a number of years and had always admired her. However, there were numerous instances where it was obvious to many of us that she had broken lockdown, not reported gifted items, stolen quotes to pass off as her own, and indeed stolen photographs from other accounts that were not hers.

I decided to just ask her if she was going to comment on the breaking lockdown rules on her instagram page - there was nothing malicious - merely a question I wanted answered as a follower. There were no threats, no answers, - merely a blocking and a deletion of the comments to support whatever narrative was deemed to be most suitable at that moment in time. Not trolling - just merely asking a question.

Many of us reported the free goods as these rules exist for a reason - and if you are not declaring these, you are then breaking these rules and there will be consequences - as with anything under laws that get broken. Again, not trolling, just consequences of actions that YOU have decided upon.

I have asked her to tag the person the quotes were from on her posts - to more blocking and deletion of the comments. Again not trolling, merely asking for intellectual copyright to be respected.

I have asked her to tag the photographer and account where many of her photos on her own account and her holidays account - she has blocked and deleted the comments. Again, not trolling, merely making sure that creatives get the publicity they deserve.

There is also this idea that we are “keyboard warriors” who would not say this to you in person. Yes I would Vicky and yes I have tried - many a time. You just choose to ignore this and then create a victim narrative which enrages your followers who will then attack anyone who says anything even remotely close to being negative on your account - a case of “be kind” but only to you and not everyone else.

(see recently a post where a woman dared to give your podcast a one star rating, you ranted and they all went and attacked the poor person who did this as you had given their username!)

You choose to have this life. You choose to put ALL up for people’s judgement. You do not get to choose at what points people are allowed to judge you and when they are not. You are trying to make yourself sound above any possible accountability and any wrongdoing, and the general public are becoming wise to this and do not like this.

Influencers say “you wouldn’t come into someones house and tell them you didn’t like their curtains and to change them.” Well this is the house of tattle and the same goes for us - we will not bow down to what you want us to behave like. Open your eyes, have some accountability and please realise that just because someone disagrees with you or asks a question, they are not “attacking” you - they are literally just living their life and staying curious.

So what is it Ms Pattison? Do you want only adoration and zero accountability for any decisions that you made? Do you want people to only ever like you (which anybody can tell you is not possible)? You live your life in the glare of the media - a choice YOU have made. You are an intelligent woman who understands the pitfalls of this. You will always have negative comments and nasty people messaging you - which I appreciate cannot be pleasant at all.

However - blaming any possible deviation from the perfection you are trying to achieve in your life (someone asking if you’ve had botox or fillers etc.) is NOT trolling - it is people (fans) trying to have conversations with someone who advertises themselves as “real” and interact with you - if this is something that is causing you as much pain as you say - perhaps it is time to do some self-reflection on what you put on instagram and when.
Well said 👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.