Vegans and Ex-vegans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god so triggered due to Helena Rose I just want to love her but she is affecting me in a very bad way ughhh I need to unfollow I am sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
In what way? I thought she was one of the good ones aha
She posted a video titled "eating your fear foods for 24 hours." The thumbnail is her eating a cup of noodles. So triggering for anyone with a history of troubled or outright disordered eating habits. And it makes it obvious once more that she has issues herself.

Reactions: 2
There's a lot of these anorexia recovery videos around. Why you would want to document that online is beyond me and I can understand how it would possibly trigger those with similar issues.

There's raising awareness about mental health and then there's just oversharing. It's probably better to wait until you're recovered to a point when you can talk about it with some clarity and have more control over viewer expectations.

Much love to anyone struggling atm.

Reactions: 5
I think I need to unsubscribe from Vegan Beauty Girl. It seems like every vlog and podcast she has to mention that she loves being called and influencer and half her what I eat in a week videos are her posing at the camera. Probably just me but it's a bit grating. Also, unrelated but I'm not sure how she's wearing mini skirts and crop tops in the middle of Winter!

Reactions: 6
I think I need to unsubscribe from Vegan Beauty Girl. It seems like every vlog and podcast she has to mention that she loves being called and influencer and half her what I eat in a week videos are her posing at the camera. Probably just me but it's a bit grating. Also, unrelated but I'm not sure how she's wearing mini skirts and crop tops in the middle of Winter!
The pouting while eating thing is soooo annoying and off-putting. It’s like the target audience is pervy old men rather than people with an interest in vegan food.

Reactions: 6
The pouting while eating thing is soooo annoying and off-putting. It’s like the target audience is pervy old men rather than people with an interest in vegan food.
I think she poses as if for a still photo then doesn't think about how it looks in a video. It's so distracting, cos otherwise I like her content.

It'd be interesting to see how many pervy messages she gets though. She's been quite upfront about how growth has been her main aim.

Reactions: 3
I quite like Nicole's content, the pouting is a bit grating and I do say that as a bisexual woman who loves a sexy brunette but you know if I really wanted to see that type of content, there are websites for that.
I miss her beauty videos, I actually came across her while looking for reviews of Floral Street perfumes.
I don't mind the podcast, I think she's a good host but don't tune in for every single episode.
What really worried me lately - and it's probably projecting my personal relationships with drinking, but I do also have very close friend who is a few years older than Nicole and is a barely functioning alcoholic - is the amount od drinking she does in the latest what I eat in a week. Glass of wine casually with lunch at home. Glass day later in the recording studio because she was stressed about the podcast. And then recording herself making something to eat whilst really drunk after the comedy show... I don't want to see drunk Nicole. She could have shortened the drunken section and done a voiceover once sober There might be brands who might decide they won't work with her because of that. She wasn't even tipsy, she was quite drunk. It's so easy for young women to develop addiction, influencers should be more careful what they put out. And I'm not an old grumpy woman, I'm in my 30s but have been noticing a lot of problematic drinking in myself and others.

I quite like Nicole's content, the pouting is a bit grating and I do say that as a bisexual woman who loves a sexy brunette but you know if I really wanted to see that type of content, there are websites for that.

I miss her beauty videos, I actually came across her while looking for reviews of Floral Street perfumes.

I don't mind the podcast, I think she's a good host but don't tune in for every single episode.

What really worried me lately - and it's probably projecting my personal relationships with drinking, but I do also have very close friend who is a few years older than Nicole and is a barely functioning alcoholic - is the amount od drinking she does in the latest what I eat in a week. Glass of wine casually with lunch at home. Glass day later in the recording studio because she was stressed about the podcast. And then recording herself making something to eat whilst really drunk after the comedy show... I don't want to see drunk Nicole. She could have shortened the drunken section and done a voiceover once sober There might be brands who might decide they won't work with her because of that. She wasn't even tipsy, she was quite drunk. It's so easy for young women to develop addiction, influencers should be more careful what they put out. And I'm not an old grumpy woman, I'm in my 30s but have been noticing a lot of problematic drinking in myself and others.

I agree, the glass of wine references (and pouting at herself and loving calling herself an influencer) were higher than usual in the latest video. The drunk content wasn't entertaining and just felt awkward. I don't understand why she calls them What I Eat In a Week when half of it is random clips like 'a boy is coming over to my house' or her and a friend totally s*** faced. This week in particular it seemed like there was more general vlogging than food related stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Nicole's latest vlog felt off to me. She started out talking about her work as an influencer (ick) so felt like a sort of behind the scenes thing, then devolved into drunken nights out with hardly any food shown compared to the length of the video. Definitely mistitled. Combining the professional with the very unprofessional (and private) seems like an odd decision to make.

In terms of the drinking, how much is normal in a 29 year old single female in London? I don't live in a city and I'm in a more settled stage of my life, but only a few years older and grew out of the frequent nights out thing in my early 20's. There seems to be a bit of arrested development in cities because it's so expensive to put roots somewhere. I hope she doesn't have any underlying issues with alcohol, as putting your party-girl era on the internet seems unwise.

I hope she's getting more gifted stuff than is obvious since her lifestyle must be costing an absolute fortune.

Anyone have any thoughts on Rainbow Planet Life? Immy from Sustainbly Vegan always bangs on about her n she finally popped up on my feed. Watched her video and I have thoughts..

Anyone have any thoughts on Rainbow Planet Life? Immy from Sustainbly Vegan always bangs on about her n she finally popped up on my feed. Watched her video and I have thoughts..
Will you still share your thoughts? I'm honestly curious!

just hopping in here to do a quick straw poll after a comment in another thread. someone claimed that a lot of vegans still cook meat and have it in their fridge..

Anyone?!!!!!