Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a mcplant today. It was ok. A bit too much sauce and lettuce in mine. Feel like the burger reminds me of those cheap ones you’d get from a burger van or at a Sunday market. Beef burger with no beef. It was very soft and felt a bit greasy.
I enjoyed it though. Don’t think I’d go out of my way to get one but it was a nice change from a chicken burger.

Had the Linda maccartney chicken fillets and they were terrible. The texture was so off. It fell apart when cutting into bite sized pieces and was just so dry.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Had the dopsu no beef pieces on Friday in a stir fry, they were alright, don’t think I’d rush out to buy it again. I miss gardein 😭 I’m gutted they’ve pulled out of the U.K.
My bf tried the M&S lamb shawarma, he said it was so good, jealous I didn’t get one for myself.

Reactions: 2
Had the Linda maccartney chicken fillets and they were terrible. The texture was so off. It fell apart when cutting into bite sized pieces and was just so dry.
The southern style ones? I love them 😂 They are very soft but I find them tasty

Reactions: 1
Finally had the wicked kitchen cauliflower katsu. Flavour was really good, loads of sauce. Felt let down by the texture slightly but Im comparing it to cauliflower katsu curry Ive had in restaurants so its probably not a fair comparison.

Would buy it again but it is £5 which seems steep to me for vegetables and sauce but handy for quickness. Also it was in the £8 meal deal so I got a pudding and side too.

I love the wicked kitchen jam donuts too. Theyre just a nice size imo and the jam inside is lovely.

• Heart
Maybe I cooked them wrong! I did them in the air fryer as thought it would be less chance of drying out.
I don't have an air fryer so always do them in the oven for about half an hour and they're crispy but I wouldn't say dry. Maybe try that next time if you can be bothered giving them another try 😂. I like them because the black pepper isn't overwhelming like with most southern fried vegan chicken. Wish these brands would realise there's more than one seasoning in the world to coat all of their products with!!

I buy the Maggi 'cook in the bag' seasonings for Quorn but I don't use the bag. I cut open the seasoning and mix it with a bit of water and then coat my defrosted Quorn fillets and let it sit for half an hour or so. I then fry them in the pan so they go nice and charred. You can do them in the oven too but they come out much nicer in the pan as the seasoning cooks into the Quorn better. Really good in a wraps with some salad and mayo. I love the garlic seasoning and the BBQ one is good too. I guess most people would make their own but the Maggi ones are convenient and tasty.

• Heart
Just spent £40 in m&s 🤦‍♀️ so much plant kitchen stuff.
What did you get? I want to go at the end of the week when I’ve made room in the fridge 😬 I heard their new pepperoni pizza is really good.

People everywhere moaning about plant-based options like there’s a hostile takeover going on. We’re only just getting a vegan Philadelphia option, calm down 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
What did you get? I want to go at the end of the week when I’ve made room in the fridge 😬 I heard their new pepperoni pizza is really good.

People everywhere moaning about plant-based options like there’s a hostile takeover going on. We’re only just getting a vegan Philadelphia option, calm down 😆
I think its bloody great (as a meat eater) the thing thats getting on my tits atm is all the stuff aimed at 'dieting' Id rather have vegan items on aisle ends than bullshit diet culture digestive biscuits! 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think its bloody great (as a meat eater) the thing thats getting on my tits atm is all the stuff aimed at 'dieting' Id rather have vegan items on aisle ends than bullshit diet culture digestive biscuits! 🤬
👍🏻 Don’t get me started on that 😤 it always tends to get lumped in with the diet options.

I've noticed that a lot this year. Lots annoyed people on the mcplant advert 🤣

Was someone after a coronation sandwich?
Like the rest of the McDonalds menu isnt geared towards meat eaters. 😬

I often get Gousto deliveries and Im in the fb page and so much moaning there about how there are xx veggie meals compared to xx meat meals. I honestly want to scream sometimes. It will not kill you to have vegetables/ fake meat / tofu as the main ingredient of your meal. You might enjoy it ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It definitely seems worse this year 😄 I love how VFC handle the comments. Their social media team are great.

I'll never understand people getting offended when there are more plant based options.... someone tell them that just because there are more veggie/ vegan foods doesn't mean there are less meat options 🥴 key word being 'options'.

It's like Piers Morgan and the Greggs vegan sausage roll.. 'no-one was waiting for this!!'

1. They were
2. The profits from it meant Greggs staff got a bonus, so a LOT of us were waiting for it
3. You can still get your original sausage roll so chill out

• Heart
Reactions: 8

People everywhere moaning about plant-based options like there’s a hostile takeover going on. We’re only just getting a vegan Philadelphia option, calm down 😂
Got the Bakewell cookies, cake in a jar, cookie pots, churros, fish cakes, sweet and Sour no chicken and the cheese twists.

re non veggies getting offended, some guy on Twitter was going off at someone for having a veggie breakfast. He apparently dated a vegetarian and all vegetarian food is bland and mushy. Imagine being that triggered by someone else's breakfast 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Veggie - I made some Scotch Eggs today for friends veggie daughter with Linda McCartney red onion sausages. Each one wrapped in 1.5 sausages, no messing about with egg and breadcrumbs, then into air fryer for maybe 12 mins and she loved them. Have cooked them in an oven before for same time as sausage instructions.

Finally had the wicked kitchen cauliflower katsu. Flavour was really good, loads of sauce. Felt let down by the texture slightly but Im comparing it to cauliflower katsu curry Ive had in restaurants so its probably not a fair comparison.

Would buy it again but it is £5 which seems steep to me for vegetables and sauce but handy for quickness. Also it was in the £8 meal deal so I got a pudding and side too.

I love the wicked kitchen jam donuts too. Theyre just a nice size imo and the jam inside is lovely.
Which pudding did you end up getting? Thinking of getting the deal but torn over the desserts.

Has anyone ever found good vegan sausages that aren’t packed full of onions?
I just can’t deal with onions 🤢 but they’re everywhere. (Not vegan but trying…)

Was someone after a coronation sandwich?

It was me. Oh that looks worth a try!

Just had to explain to someone why vegans sometimes want their food to look like meat products. 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.