Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Violife epic mature is the only block cheese I can stomach. Violife smoked slices are nice. Nothing beats daiya farmhouse cheddar for me but they don't sell in UK any more.

Artisan cheeses tend to be nice buy at the price, only for special occasions

Recently tried bousin and that was lovely. Didn't like violife or sheese cream cheeses so that was a surprise to find one I liked

Babybel is OK. Tastes like coconutty philadelphia. My husband has more varied tastes than me and he couldn't stand it though!

Reactions: 2
So it's Friday, and I fancy a takeaway, and thinking we'll have Papa Johns as I really like their no chicken nuggets (not so keen on vegan pizza so will just have a small one).
Who's also having a takeawy this weekend and what you're getting? :D

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So it's Friday, and I fancy a takeaway, and thinking we'll have Papa Johns as I really like their no chicken nuggets (not so keen on vegan pizza so will just have a small one).
Us, my cooker has broken 🤣 no idea what we are having, either chippy (vg sausages in batter for the kids and vg fritter and chips), dominoes or try out the mcplant.

• Heart
Has anyone tried any of the new Starbucks veganuary offerings? Thinking of getting myself one of the bakery things this afternoon and looking for recommendations!

I'm so keen to try the new vegan Nando's!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I had the McPlant the other day, it was really nice, maybe no good for people who don’t like fake meat as it is realistic but yeah it’s good

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What's the vegan Nandos!!? I want to try the McPlant too.
There's a new spiced chickpea burger that's just launched apparently! Just saw the news this morning. I'm so glad KFC have brought back their vegan burger too

• Heart
I was going to, but made the Bosh General TSO sticky tofu instead & it’s so much better than the takeaway offerings near me 😊

in Dublin we have a place called the vegan sandwich company & they have the most unreal food so hopefully something from there over the weekend :)

• Heart
Has anyone tried any of the new Starbucks veganuary offerings? Thinking of getting myself one of the bakery things this afternoon and looking for recommendations!

I'm so keen to try the new vegan Nando's!
Ok update: have tried the caramel & date cookie and it's lush! good if you enjoy a chewy cookie.

• Heart
Can anyone help? I’m after a decent vegan cheese. I am at the point of becoming pescatarian . I am 100% plant based and have been for several years. However I was so disheartened over the holiday period by the array of sub par cheeses. Despite their claims, my cheese boards - of which I had quite a few- were disappointing. I am lactose intolerant anyway, so am thinking lactose free cheddar style cheese. But I really don’t want to throw in the towel. Any ideas?
Depending on how much you're willing to spend, perhaps look into some indie brands? I've heard good things about https://thekindaco.com/ and https://lafauxmagerie.com/. Haven't tried either but have had nice cashew brie cheese made by a local vegan food place.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Depending on how much you're willing to spend, perhaps look into some indie brands? I've heard good things about https://thekindaco.com/ and https://lafauxmagerie.com/. Haven't tried either but have had nice cashew brie cheese made by a local vegan food place.
Interesting recommendations, I bookmarked both for after payday ☺

There's a new spiced chickpea burger that's just launched apparently! Just saw the news this morning. I'm so glad KFC have brought back their vegan burger too
That might convince me to go to Nandos, i haven't been for at least 10 years 😂 I do sometimes have enough meat alternative burgers and miss a classic bean or chickpea one 😍

I was going to, but made the Bosh General TSO sticky tofu instead & it’s so much better than the takeaway offerings near me 😊

in Dublin we have a place called the vegan sandwich company & they have the most unreal food so hopefully something from there over the weekend :)
The vegan sandwich company sounds amazing, if I ever go to Dublin again, will try to get some ☺

• Heart
Another non vegan but don’t eat red meat or pork and trying to cut down on dairy and other meats.
I don’t usually go for meat style products as my main reason for not eating meat is I don’t like the texture. But really fancying the mcplant or the Burger King nuggets. Don’t like the look of the vegan Burger King burgers though.

Are the BK actually properly vegan though ? The last one was plant based but cooked with the meat so wasn’t actually vegan despite being plant based.

This may be a bit boring but my favourite is the original Violife, I also like the smoked applewood and the Violife smoked cheddar slices as well. I'm not sure how long you've been plant based for* but when I first stopped eating dairy cheese I had to wait awhile before introducing vegan cheese into my diet because the taste and texture seemed weird by comparison, especially the stronger cheeses which I'm still not a huge fan of.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself, if you have lactose free cheddar and have everything else plant based then that's fine because that's what works for you!

*Edit: sorry your post clearly said you'd been plant based for years!
Thanks for your support. I suppose I just feel I should like it. Which is crazy.

I bought this on a whim before (£2.80 Sainsbury’s) and it is amazing. Definitely recommend for umami anything. Had a broccoli and slab of tofu going today and wanted to use them up. Baked the tofu in a blue dragon satay sauce and drizzled this over the veggies and sticky rice - it tasted restaurant-standard 😍 I wish I had leffovers.

1641588260953.jpeg
Picked up the Plant Pioneers chicken slices to try and chow mein ready meal. Nothing is really grabbing me this Veganuary. No more burgers, please 😩 Takeaway is definitely stealing the show vs supermarkets.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I bought this on a whim before (£2.80 Sainsbury’s) and it is amazing. Definitely recommend for umami anything. Had a broccoli and slab of tofu going today and wanted to use them up. Baked the tofu in a blue dragon satay sauce and drizzled this over the veggies and sticky rice - it tasted restaurant-standard 😍 I wish I had leffovers.

View attachment 972866Picked up the Plant Pioneers chicken slices to try and chow mein ready meal. Nothing is really grabbing me this Veganuary. No more burgers, please 😩 Takeaway is definitely stealing the show vs supermarkets.
What does the Poke sauce taste like?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.