Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the Lidl stuff wasn’t coming in til this Thursday? Anyway I managed to get some of the plain sheese spread which I love so happy about that. I also got a couple of their bruschetta pizzas
Just had a look on my email and it says- when they are gone they are gone, from Thursday 30th December.
All the 99p offers start on 6th.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I had the plant chef garlic kievs from Tesco last week for dinner - they were pretty nice.

Reactions: 1
Whats everyone's fave vegan chocolate? The white chocolate vego is amazing
- also does anyone follow the vegan influencers

Nomo caramel is my current favourite.

I used to follow various vegan influencers but now I only follow simnett nutrition, happy pear and the odd recommended video on you tube

• Heart
M&S are offering a Sparks card deal of 10% off their Plant Kitchen range (one off use) which expires in 5 days. May be worth checking your app if you have one.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Whats everyone's fave vegan chocolate? The white chocolate vego is amazing
- also does anyone follow the vegan influencers
I love Prodigy, Nomo (the cookie dough reindeer is really good), and Booja-Booja if I have the budget for it lol. I like Erin Rutherford, Lisa Kitahara (Okonomikitchen), Nikki Vegan, Rachel Ama, Caitlin Shoemaker (Frommybowl), Nisha Vora (Rainbowplantlife), and Waffleswithleila on Instagram and Youtube. I watch Veggiekins occasionally too.

• Heart
Kind of a veganuary food haul :)
Guys, went to my local Aldi and there were some really nice bits. I didn't buy these but maybe next time as they looked very tasty.
£1.59 for a pack of 4.
IMG_20220104_191240.jpg

I would say if you're going to Aldi, have a look in the Christmas section, there might some vegan and #accidentallyvegan chocolates and treats in the reduced section.
Not sure if these were reduced or not but I paid 1.99 and these are tasty! (confirmed by my meat-eating boyfriend who is trying to be pescatarian this month. We opened them as soon as we got home 😅 because we actually walked to Aldi today and it's like 1 degree C where we are!).
1641327440148.png

I found these in a different flavour on Aldi website priced at £3.99 and I paid £1.99 so that looks like a good saving.
Also got these in the picture below for £2.99 which sounds like a pretty standard price for them, depending where you look.
1641327990008.png

Got these as well, pasta sauces are 75p and the curry one 99p.
1641328070794.png

1641328145914.png

1641328195280.png

I have to say though that my Aldi is usually busy but well stocked. I don't think many people go there for veggie/vegan things because there's always good choice.

We had these for dinner tonight (not from Aldi, mind you) and they're quite spicy and the cream cheese alternative didn't taste too off and was quite creamy. Would have again.
1641328351641.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Kind of a veganuary food haul :)
Guys, went to my local Aldi and there were some really nice bits. I didn't buy these but maybe next time as they looked very tasty.
£1.59 for a pack of 4.
View attachment 964593

I would say if you're going to Aldi, have a look in the Christmas section, there might some vegan and #accidentallyvegan chocolates and treats in the reduced section.
Not sure if these were reduced or not but I paid 1.99 and these are tasty! (confirmed by my meat-eating boyfriend who is trying to be pescatarian this month. We opened them as soon as we got home 😅 because we actually walked to Aldi today and it's like 1 degree C where we are!).
View attachment 964613
I found these in a different flavour on Aldi website priced at £3.99 and I paid £1.99 so that looks like a good saving.
Also got these in the picture below for £2.99 which sounds like a pretty standard price for them, depending where you look.
View attachment 964652
Got these as well, pasta sauces are 75p and the curry one 99p.
View attachment 964654
View attachment 964659
View attachment 964667

I have to say though that my Aldi is usually busy but well stocked. I don't think many people go there for veggie/vegan things because there's always good choice.

We had these for dinner tonight (not from Aldi, mind you) and they're quite spicy and the cream cheese alternative didn't taste too off and was quite creamy. Would have again.
View attachment 964679
I really like those jalapeno grillers too! One of the more flavourful vegan burger options out there I feel. Has anyone tried the new Wicked Kitchen offerings? I love a good Mac & Cheese so I'm eyeing the new version up, but not sure how it's different from their existing Spicy Mac pot.

• Heart
These are nice for snacking, quite smoky and with good amount of seasoning on each individual pretzel. BF loved them too.
1641332779398.png

I had this for lunch once and it was actually quite smoky but I did something wrong and the pasta didn't soften all the way through so it took some of the joy of eating away. I might try this when I forget lunch again and feel like it's one of these things which are nice to have in your work locker or desk drawer for those days when you forget to bring your lunch in or have a busy day and can't pop out to a shop/cafe. But besides the nice smokiness I found it a bit thin and can't remember tasting any spring onion.
1641333041744.png

These are nice for snacking, quite smoky and with good amount of seasoning on each individual pretzel. BF loved them too.
View attachment 964900
I had this for lunch once and it was actually quite smoky but I did something wrong and the pasta didn't soften all the way through so it took some of the joy of eating away. I might try this when I forget lunch again and feel like it's one of these things which are nice to have in your work locker or desk drawer for those days when you forget to bring your lunch in or have a busy day and can't pop out to a shop/cafe. But besides the nice smokiness I found it a bit thin and can't remember tasting any spring onion.
View attachment 964913
Ahh I've had the same issue with some of the pots. I really like them, but sometimes if they don't cook all the way through I just transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for about a minute to let it set properly. I find it usually needs a little more water/standing time than the package calls for. Will definitely try the pretzels!

• Heart
I tried these tonight, waited for them to go on offer in Tesco but wouldn’t recommend, they were so bland 😢 got one left and it will stay in the freezer until I feel like punishing myself 🤣

1641334249395.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
I totally forgot to post about McPlant for, like weeks now! I must've had it 2-3 times and I really like it! The patty itself is quite meaty-smoky, if you ever have had the Moving Mountains burger (Byron's Burgers as well as number of pubs in my area offer them), it's quite similar in taste/texture. You almost think you're having the real thing 😳 I know some people, including a close friend of mine, don't like meat alternatives that taste like real meat/meat products, so you're one of them, stay clear.
The vegan cheese on this one is not too bad, it's quite like the "plastic" American cheese it's supposed to imitate, which in itself is super processed and doesn't taste of much so they did a decent job there.
I know some McDonald's restaurants had initial problems with condiments but both my local ones have been fine.
In short: yes, I would recommend it and I think it's priced well too.
☺

Ahh I've had the same issue with some of the pots. I really like them, but sometimes if they don't cook all the way through I just transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for about a minute to let it set properly. I find it usually needs a little more water/standing time than the package calls for. Will definitely try the pretzels!
Oh thanks, will definitely try again, I made it in the cup it came in but as recommended, will try a bowl, more water and "cooking"/standing for longer. ☺

I totally forgot to post about McPlant for, like weeks now! I must've had it 2-3 times and I really like it! The patty itself is quite meaty-smoky, if you ever have had the Moving Mountains burger (Byron's Burgers as well as number of pubs in my area offer them), it's quite similar in taste/texture. You almost think you're having the real thing 😳 I know some people, including a close friend of mine, don't like meat alternatives that taste like real meat/meat products, so you're one of them, stay clear.
The vegan cheese on this one is not too bad, it's quite like the "plastic" American cheese it's supposed to imitate, which in itself is super processed and doesn't taste of much so they did a decent job there.
I know some McDonald's restaurants had initial problems with condiments but both my local ones have been fine.
In short: yes, I would recommend it and I think it's priced well too.
☺

Oh thanks, will definitely try again, I made it in the cup it came in but as recommended, will try a bowl, more water and "cooking"/standing for longer. ☺
I think it's in all mcds from tomorrow. Burger King has nuggets now too

• Heart
I think it's in all mcds from tomorrow. Burger King has nuggets now too
The nuggets are yummy 🥰 waiting for the vegan royale to be mainstream in Ireland - I think it’s only available in dublin airport at the moment

The nuggets are yummy 🥰 waiting for the vegan royale to be mainstream in Ireland - I think it’s only available in dublin airport at the moment
I've not had the royale yet, need to go into town soon. My kids will love the nuggets 😊

I've not had the royale yet, need to go into town soon. My kids will love the nuggets 😊
Although they are yummy, I do find them a bit greasy, but that could be simply because I don’t eat in such places much, as opposed to them being any greasier than expected. BF even says he can’t tell the difference between plant nuggets & ch nuggets from there…. Which has made him question a few things 🤣 they have a different batter on them so it’s obvious you’re getting plant rather than ch nuggets :)

My husband bought us some of the new krispy kremes. Can confirm the apple one is freaking amazing!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.