Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On topic of Aldi, I got the vegan cheese tortilla chips. They were nice but could be more cheesy. They're a bit more seasoned than natural tortilla chips but still very nice. I also got some chocolate, I know that most dark chocolate is vegan anyway but this has hazelnut in the ingredients so I imagine is very tasty (haven't tried yet), but the white ("blonde") one was delicious! I know you can get vegan white chocolate quite easily but they're usually a bit pricey and these ones were 1.49 each (they're 100g bars).
I haven't tried the lentil stew, keeping that for a lazy day when I can't be asked to cook.
View attachment 386992

Reactions: 2
The smashed Avocado from Aldi is brilliant. There is a plain one and one with a little bit of tomato and pepper in it. No additives. It was on offer this week at about 82p and has 100gms in it. Says on the pack it is equal to a whole avocado.
I am fed up with buying them and they are under ripe or black inside and then the second half is not brilliant the following day. These are ideal.

Reactions: 6
Hey there, I have just stumbled across this thread and wow, the ideas are great.
I am a hard core carnivore, I probably eat meat/fish twice daily but have committed to a vegetarian January and my goodness, I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it.
I know i'm barely over a week in but love the M&S plant kitchen popcorn cauliflower, plant kitchen mini Kiev's, Cauldron sausages.
Well done for trying it. Remember even if you don't want to be veggie forever, just don't have meat every day. I started with meat free Mondays and then meat free 3 days, then no red meat at all and then totally off it. I've been veggie for 3 years now and don't miss anything. I would never have believed it 5 years ago though.

Reactions: 5
I have ordered some of these.View attachment 385060
I absolutely love MM! What are you doing them with? I fried up their hotdogs with onions last night, had them on 🌭 delicious. I can’t believe Veganuary has coincided with closed gyms and a dodgy knee for me this year. Gonna be huge 🐷 but it won’t stop me buying all the new goodies 🤣

I absolutely love MM! What are you doing them with? I fried up their hotdogs with onions last night, had them on 🌭 delicious. I can’t believe Veganuary has coincided with closed gyms and a dodgy knee for me this year. Gonna be huge 🐷 but it won’t stop me buying all the new goodies 🤣
I am planning on having them with a tomato sauce, pasta and garlic bread.

Haven’t tried them before, only the sausage patties which I liked very much. I had those on a muffin like a McDonald’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hiya, has anyone tried these before from MyVegan? I think I might get a couple to try but am wondering what the taste is like, hopefully not artificial. TIA xx

View attachment 387927
I had them (maple and raspberry) and they made our cupboard smell really odd. I thought the syrups were better.

In other news, I bought the hot and spicy Quorn burgers and needless to say they lived up to their name!!!! We had them with sweet potato and greens but in hindsight should have had them in a wrap with cooling salad. Still have 2 more to eat as they came in a pack of 4.

View attachment 388438

I had them (maple and raspberry) and they made our cupboard smell really odd. I thought the syrups were better.

In other news, I bought the hot and spicy Quorn burgers and needless to say they lived up to their name!!!! We had them with sweet potato and greens but in hindsight should have had them in a wrap with cooling salad. Still have 2 more to eat as they came in a pack of 4.

View attachment 388438
I like those burgers. Have you tried the Southern Fried version. Nice with yogurt or mayo and salad,

I like those burgers. Have you tried the Southern Fried version. Nice with yogurt or mayo and salad,
No, will look out for them next time- I find the shops chop and change what they stock so frequently...

I really liked the texture though just a bit spicy for me! I think with different things on the side they would have been fine.

No, will look out for them next time- I find the shops chop and change what they stock so frequently...

I really liked the texture though just a bit spicy for me! I think with different things on the side they would have been fine.
Southern Fried are not too spicy. Could try these as well and add chutney or sauce.View attachment 388442

Last edited:
Aldi were doing these amazing spicy chicken burgers which were like a KFC Zinger in the summer but they seem to have stopped 😭

Think I'm gonna get some of those chocolate puddings in for the weekend. I saw them the other day but resisted haha. For a basic little sweet treat the Alpro dark chocolate desserts are really good and usually around £1-1.50 for 4 depending on where you shop. I like to have one with a chopped up banana :love:

They had them in Aldi too when I was in there last week 😊
Thanks. Do you remember how much?I don’t want to go anywhere near a supermarket right now, but they are currently on offer at Waitrose for £1.87. Have been using them and Ocado for food deliveries. Waitrose do free delivery for orders of £40 upwards.

Thanks. Do you remember how much?I don’t want to go anywhere near a supermarket right now, but they are currently on offer at Waitrose for £1.87. Have been using them and Ocado for food deliveries. Waitrose do free delivery for orders of £40 upwards.
Ooh I’m not 100% sure but think they were £1.99 x

They have a good offer at asda

Reactions: 3
So I just had to pop to Tesco express and to continue with comparethemarket.com/richmondmeatfreesausages they have them on offer for £1.75 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The smashed Avocado from Aldi is brilliant. There is a plain one and one with a little bit of tomato and pepper in it. No additives. It was on offer this week at about 82p and has 100gms in it. Says on the pack it is equal to a whole avocado.
I am fed up with buying them and they are under ripe or black inside and then the second half is not brilliant the following day. These are ideal.

do you normally only use avocado for that reason? If not and you're like me who throws it in almost every meal I make I recommend buying frozen chunks that you put in smoothies. They're perfect for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.