Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What has everyone got their eye on for Christmas?
I usually make a mushroom and chestnut Wellington for me and husband. We’re spending the day at my parents’ this year and my mum has asked me to make a bigger one and we’ll all have it and they won’t bother with a turkey! Which is very cool as they’re not veggie or vegan themselves 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone tried any of the Feed me Vegan range?
I like their chocolate pie but haven't tried anything else yet.
Screenshot_20201126-160158_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried any of the Feed me Vegan range?
I like their chocolate pie but haven't tried anything else yet. View attachment 324684
I haven't but I've been intrigued to try! The mango cheesecake sounds lush. What's everyone's favourite supermarket desserts? I actually really enjoy Deliciously Ella's cookies and brownies (but served with Swedish Glace, or the new Wicked Kitchen vanilla!). I also like the Freaks of Nature sticky toffee pudding but haven't seen them around lately... Though the Wicked Kitchen one is good too. The Coconut Collaborative mini choc pots are a staple too. I've also become somewhat addicted to the MyProtein/MyVegan salted caramel gooey filled cookies - 10-20 seconds in the microwave and they go incredibly melty and moreish. Don't bother with the peanut butter ones though, they're v chalky.

Reactions: 1
I had this today for lunch. Added some additional water when heating up. Had with plain tortilla chips. Will try with rice next time. Surprisingly tasty. £1.65 from Waitrose.View attachment 319302
Ordered this to try too.

I haven't but I've been intrigued to try! The mango cheesecake sounds lush. What's everyone's favourite supermarket desserts? I actually really enjoy Deliciously Ella's cookies and brownies (but served with Swedish Glace, or the new Wicked Kitchen vanilla!). I also like the Freaks of Nature sticky toffee pudding but haven't seen them around lately... Though the Wicked Kitchen one is good too. The Coconut Collaborative mini choc pots are a staple too. I've also become somewhat addicted to the MyProtein/MyVegan salted caramel gooey filled cookies - 10-20 seconds in the microwave and they go incredibly melty and moreish. Don't bother with the peanut butter ones though, they're v chalky.
I love those little chocolate pots from the coconut collaborative too. If i want to stretch them out i add them to a rice pud or porridge.

The plain chocolate magnums are really good, going to try the almond ones next.

I like dark chocolate melting puddings and ,there is now a plant based condensed milk for carmel sauces. Hello banoffee pie!
Pavlova with flaxegg. Sorbets.
Nut butters and dried fruit.
Dark chocolate or veggo spreads, biscoff spreads with fruit.
I want to try chocolate covered Katie stuff after soneone mentioned it here. But, making it!

I usually make a mushroom and chestnut Wellington for me and husband. We’re spending the day at my parents’ this year and my mum has asked me to make a bigger one and we’ll all have it and they won’t bother with a turkey! Which is very cool as they’re not veggie or vegan themselves 😬
That sounds great, is it your own recipe or one that's out there?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I can’t remember if I posted these before but I like them and they are on offer at Ocado now.
8A871FF2-43D8-413C-BEFF-300620BD9784.jpeg
DBF279EA-C197-4115-974C-5CBD524A17E8.jpeg

Reactions: 2
I can’t remember if I recommended these previously but I like them. Had the cauliflower ones today with some guacamole on toast.
DFBD7B51-FB0F-4AC4-BE4F-DC933BB55F5D.png
122A09D2-16C4-454C-8224-0D4083538B37.jpeg
781D67BE-51CA-42F0-9437-49D0C8891EC5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just bought some of the new crack’d egg replacer, I'm seeing loads of great reviews about it. I'm hoping for awesome Yorkshires 🤞

I really like their broccoli & purple carrot bites! Am a fan of the pumpkin burger too. Will have to try the hash browns!
Love the cauliflower hash browns, only one I've tried but i couldn't taste any cauliflower. Delicious all the same

I just bought some of the new crack’d egg replacer, I'm seeing loads of great reviews about it. I'm hoping for awesome Yorkshires 🤞
How'd it go?

Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 10.02.21.png

Just tried this La Tua pumpkin tortellini recently and it's the best vegan stuffed pasta (and convenience food in general) I've had.

Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 10.03.22.png

I'm also a big fan of the Wicked instant spicy mac - it's much cheaper and imo better than their ready meal mac & cheese (the chilled one). I find the chilled version a bit overpoweringly butternut squash-ey. Can we just stop putting carrots and squash in vegan mac in 2020 ffs.

Reactions: 5
If someone gets hold of the new Aldi plant menu cocktail sausages let me know what they are like I just went searching for them and no luck!

Reactions: 3
If someone gets hold of the new Aldi plant menu cocktail sausages let me know what they are like I just went searching for them and no luck!
And also say if they happen to be gluten free please! 🤞🏻 (Doubt it though 😩)

My Morrisons order was missing the vegan pigs in blankets! Waaaaaaah! Was looking forward to trying them. Anybody know if they’re good?

• Sad
What's everyone getting in their Christmas shop? Just doing my online shop now and can't think of what to get.
Christmas breakfast we'll have Jus rol pain au chocolate and dinner is Tesco sweet potato and red cabbage Chiristmas log, stuffing, veg. Not as clued up with Tesco accidently vegan food and alcohol

What's everyone getting in their Christmas shop? Just doing my online shop now and can't think of what to get.
Christmas breakfast we'll have Jus rol pain au chocolate and dinner is Tesco sweet potato and red cabbage Chiristmas log, stuffing, veg. Not as clued up with Tesco accidently vegan food and alcohol
I'm making a mushroom Wellington and the usual roast potatoes, veg, stuffing etc. I'll bake some dessert too but I haven't finalised yet. Maybe some Christmas cake inspired cupcakes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.