Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
5a3c3910-4aa8-44f5-9cba-25a1abca7ebb-616286.jpg

Tried this today, I actually really enjoyed it!

Although I wouldn't call it a Kiev... More like a satay ....parcel? I dunno. I like my Kiev's chunky 🤣

The protein amount is quite good too, 14g for one Kiev

RECOMMENDED 👍🏻

Reactions: 9
What's everyone's favourite chain vegan pizza? I used to love the Pizza Hut BBQ jackfruit one but they seem to have discontinued it... My go-to now is Papa John's Vegan Works or Garden Party. Those marmite sheese scrolls are to die for

Also, does anyone have recommendations for good vegan protein bars? I don't have them often but like to keep some on standby if I'm out and get hungry. Recently tried the Misfits Protein bars (I got the variety pack on offer at £12 for 12) and they're actually pretty tasty - decently high in protein and v low in sugar!

Reactions: 3
What's everyone's favourite chain vegan pizza? I used to love the Pizza Hut BBQ jackfruit one but they seem to have discontinued it... My go-to now is Papa John's Vegan Works or Garden Party. Those marmite sheese scrolls are to die for

Also, does anyone have recommendations for good vegan protein bars? I don't have them often but like to keep some on standby if I'm out and get hungry. Recently tried the Misfits Protein bars (I got the variety pack on offer at £12 for 12) and they're actually pretty tasty - decently high in protein and v low in sugar!
Papa John's is soooo good.

I buy misfits protein bars they are amazing! Just tried the new holiday Gingerbread one and it is so tasty. Thoroughly recommend them.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Guys can you help me find a vegan cheese that doesn't taste like pure coconut oil 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

D54BEAE9-7547-4D9C-8868-53AF4ED48D7D.jpeg

Tried this today on toast. The taste is close to dairy butter, very salty which I liked (there is an unsalted version too). The only downside was that it is much harder to melt and I struggled even with hot toast and a warmed up knife. Overall would recommend. I wouldn’t have guessed it was vegan

I think it was about £1.80 in Sainsbury’s which is reasonable as dairy butter is a similar price

Reactions: 4
View attachment 314494
Tried this today on toast. The taste is close to dairy butter, very salty which I liked (there is an unsalted version too). The only downside was that it is much harder to melt and I struggled even with hot toast and a warmed up knife. Overall would recommend. I wouldn’t have guessed it was vegan

I think it was about £1.80 in Sainsbury’s which is reasonable as dairy butter is a similar price
I've also used the unsalted version in baking and it's worked really nicely

any recommendations for a good, unfussy banana bread recipe with pantry staples? I've tried so many but a lot turn out either gummy or tasteless instead of fluffy and moist...

any recommendations for a good, unfussy banana bread recipe with pantry staples? I've tried so many but a lot turn out either gummy or tasteless instead of fluffy and moist...
I'd love to know this, got a few bananas to use up 😊

I’ve heard really good things about this but haven’t made it as it looks like a bit of a faff. Apparently it’s worth it.....

I know you said pantry staples and unfussy!

I’ve heard really good things about this but haven’t made it as it looks like a bit of a faff. Apparently it’s worth it.....

I know you said pantry staples and unfussy!
ahh thanks for the recommendation!! why spelt flour though arghhh

• Haha
look at the one on the Simply Recipes site. I’ve made both the plain versions and the ones with chocolate and cocoa and used rapeseed oil instead of butter. Add some plant based yogurt instead of the egg.

also, look at the Chocolate Covered Katie website for her banana bread recipes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
This one works for me every time! Really simple ingredients and easy peasy. Happy baking!

• Heart
I had this today for lunch. Added some additional water when heating up. Had with plain tortilla chips. Will try with rice next time. Surprisingly tasty. £1.65 from Waitrose.
526D7523-05FE-47C2-9783-113B2052AA01.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.