Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

martaS

VIP Member
What is everyone having for their Christmas roast? I need some inspo. Going away with 3 meat eaters so will share the sides but I need a main piece for myself ☺ Ideally not a Wellington or anything with pastry as I've had pastry for my work Christmas do last night.
Thanks in advance!

martaS

VIP Member
Well that's a good excuse to get this back on topic, trying to recreate this because £4 a small portion (and I could easily eat 2 on an active day) and 50 mins oven time is too much. Should be able to create 10 times as much for £4

View attachment 999381

This is what it actually looks like 😆, still very tasty though!
View attachment 999385
Did it turn out OK? How did you make the coconut cashew sauce? Soaked cashews blended with coconut milk or something else?

Some People!

Chatty Member
Eek, help!

I've been invited to a suuuuper informal "Christmas" dinner on the 27th with 7 adults and 1 kid and I've offered to bring dessert and they've gratefully accepted (ffs 😂).
It's got to be vegan and I guess a bit fancier than everyday.
The main is rice & coconut, so I should avoid that, I suppose. It's also got to travel 25 miles on the day and probably sit about a few hours too. Could probably warm something up.

Any ideas the vegans won't be bored of?

Alexaj

VIP Member
More just a general comment vaguely related to veganism.

But has anyone else noticed that vitamin D enriched mushrooms have gone? They used to be everywhere and as a country where many don't get enough (especially vegans) it's a shame this source has now disappeared.

I wonder what happened? I thought maybe they were still high in vitamin D but without the big sticker, but can't find anything on the label to suggest that.
Yes! I'm an Asda orderer and I haven't been able to get them for weeks. But I never thought too deeply about it tbh 🤔

martaS

VIP Member
@Jc456 the naturli pea mince is really tasty however my local sainsbury's doesn't seem to do it anymore 😭😭😭 also their fake chicken was the nicest fake chicken you could get and again, my local shop doesn't sell it 😫

Hanibo

VIP Member
That's the ticket! It's not gritty at all. My youngest likes it so much he's drank 3 litres of the stuff since I stocked up on Tuesday!
Oh great, thanks so much! I think it’s only available in Holland & Barrett here in Ireland so I’m going to order some later. Hopefully it will do the trick 😊

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Not sure if this is the right forum but thought it was worth a try. I'm looking for a bar soap as I'm finding body washes are really drying my skin out. I used to use an oat based bar before but think it's been discontinued. I know Lush had a decent creamy one but wondered if there were better out there for the money.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
There was a dairy free marg in Iceland called Free and it was only £1. That's cheap these days, they probably won't have it next time.

Melian

VIP Member
Vegan hot chocolate - I know Galaxy do one but can't find it! Recommendations please?

Vegan horlicks is quite nice too.

chickhicks86

VIP Member
Has anyone seen any nice veggie mains for Christmas dinner this year? I don't want fake meat, or butternut squash :sick: Something cheesey would be good!