Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aldi own loo roll is also vegan. Apparently some brands contain gelatin, but the Aldi one in the blue packet (9rolls for 2.09 I believe) is vegan.
Wait.. what?!? Why.. just why 😭 How do you check which ones contain gelatine?

Reactions: 1
Andrex is safe as far as paper goes. None of their products contain animal-derived ingredients. Not sure about the glue though. Also they test on animals.
---
There's a list here

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I actually emailed Aldi to ask as it’s the paper I normally use but I’m sure there are also websites with lists of safe brands
Thank you so much, it had never even crossed my mind before now! 🙁 I usually buy Sainsbury’s own brand so I’ll pop them an email and see what they say.

Sainsburys 😊

I also love the Future Farms one but this is more like I remember tuna though I'd say - it's been 10 years since I've had tuna but it's got the fishiness
I got two packets after seeing your comment and it was very nice! Especially left in the fridge overnight with red onion, dried dill, mayo and fresh lemon juice + salt and pepper mixed in a bowl, you wouldn’t have known.

I bought a carton of Chocomel the other day, it’s like the Mars chocolate milk that I can’t find anywhere anymore. I’ll buy a few when it goes on offer as I paid full price (£3) in Tesco.

cd14ae6b-bd9c-42ef-a59c-947f908f3245_1720669366.jpg

Reactions: 6
Has anyone tried these ??? Picked up a pack reduced in Waitrose. Wow these are one of the worst products I’ve ever eaten. I wonder how these even got approved to sell because they are so bad. They are slimey and wet. Really like the quorn ones so was expecting something similar. Dreadful
Yeah I didn't like them either. Weird texture too. I thought they would have been mini versions of the sausages they do.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried these ??? Picked up a pack reduced in Waitrose. Wow these are one of the worst products I’ve ever eaten. I wonder how these even got approved to sell because they are so bad. They are slimey and wet. Really like the quorn ones so was expecting something similar. Dreadful
🤢 I threw these straight in the bin, my dogs wouldn’t even eat them 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I had some that I cooked into some Yorkshire puddings to make mini toad in the holes, I thought they were fine. Maybe cooking them got rid of the texture issues 🤷‍♀️

Had anyone mastered making spirulina palatable ? I use to just whisk a spoonful into water and down it, but stopped for a few months and now finding it almost impossible to drink - it's even making me gag...

Any tips would be ever so gratefully received.

• Heart
It's been a while since I took spirulina but I took it in tablet form when I did.

Had anyone mastered making spirulina palatable ? I use to just whisk a spoonful into water and down it, but stopped for a few months and now finding it almost impossible to drink - it's even making me gag...

Any tips would be ever so gratefully received.
I tried and didn't manage. Tried drinking it mixed in with a smoothie, still didn't work. I think you just have gotta like the taste? A friend of mine sprinkles it on salads and soups and really enjoys it that way.
I don't normally chuck out food but after using maybe half of the bag I binned mine.

• Haha
But of a weird one for this time of year, but has anyone got any ways to get rid of flies in the house? I am clean honestly! There’s about 8 small flies in my living room, no idea where they’ve come from!!

But of a weird one for this time of year, but has anyone got any ways to get rid of flies in the house? I am clean honestly! There’s about 8 small flies in my living room, no idea where they’ve come from!!
Do you want to save them? 😅 tbh I hate them and use a small bowl of vinegar (like those Tupperware for houmous) and a blob of washing up liquid. I had loads once from a plant, I wasn’t greenfingered and I think I caused too much moisture. People recommend bottom watering so the soil on top dries out.

Since we are in December now, what is everyone having for their Xmas day roast? 👀 For various reason I really need to have a good Xmas this year so I am starting to browse the offerings early.
Had this last year and I think the year before too, and it was tasty but I would like to mix things up, you know?
(Makes great sandwiches too if you somehow have leftovers)
This sounds mega tasty but £16 is a lot, innit? 🥴 Plus I have to travel to a Waitrose, as I don't have one in my town (first world problems, I know).
https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produ...-gravy-and-festive-sides/878859-807798-807798
This looks nice too and I have actually seen them already in my local Tesco, plus nothing I have tried from This Isn't has ever tasted strange so this is definitely going on my list of possible options:
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/315067479
This looks nice too, from Aldi:

• Heart
Do you want to save them? 😅 tbh I hate them and use a small bowl of vinegar (like those Tupperware for houmous) and a blob of washing up liquid. I had loads once from a plant, I wasn’t greenfingered and I think I caused too much moisture. People recommend bottom watering so the soil on top dries out.
I have got a cheese plant in my living room! No I don’t want to save , them I want to evict them 😂 I tried opening the windows when I was cleaning earlier to shoo them out but the little bastards wouldn’t go! Thanks I’ll try the bottom watering 😁