Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she ever take a day off from mentioning OXFORD and HARVARD? Why can’t she let her achievements speak for themselves, there really is no need to be shoving it down everyone’s throat every two seconds. It doesn’t take away from what you’ve achieved, or give you any more value. I can only assume deep down she’s extremely unhappy with herself, that she feels the need to mention this so much.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Never forget she went to OXFORD and HARVARD.

Meanwhile the university where she’s actually studying for her PhD (and where she’ll gain that Dr honorific she’s so obsessed with) that is supposedly her ‘dream university’ is not mentioned.

If it actually was a dream university for her you just know she’d be shouting the name from the rooftops.

Reactions: 19
Does she ever take a day off from mentioning OXFORD and HARVARD? Why can’t she let her achievements speak for themselves, there really is no need to be shoving it down everyone’s throat every two seconds. It doesn’t take away from what you’ve achieved, or give you any more value. I can only assume deep down she’s extremely unhappy with herself, that she feels the need to mention this so much.
I wonder of she gets on her sister's nerves constantly mentioning her achievements 🫣
---
Never forget she went to OXFORD and HARVARD.

Meanwhile the university where she’s actually studying for her PhD (and where she’ll gain that Dr honorific she’s so obsessed with) that is supposedly her ‘dream university’ is not mentioned.

If it actually was a dream university for her you just know she’d be shouting the name from the rooftops.
She kept mentioning NYU and even bought some merch from the stash store when she made an application to them last year, and got rejected 🫣 She was 'manifesting' NYU pretty openly on her Instagram, whereas I feel like she has barely mentioned her university now.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She kept mentioning NYU and even bought some merch from the stash store when she made an application to them last year, and got rejected 🫣 She was 'manifesting' NYU pretty openly on her Instagram, whereas I feel like she has barely mentioned her university now.

I guess it's a maturity thing, but why even go if you're too embarrassed to rep your school? It's clear that she's not actually passionate about research, and I've only been following her for a little over a year, but I still have my doubts that she actually cares about education, so what's the point?

Reactions: 6
Yes the NYU stuff was so cringeworthy.

Reactions: 1
She has not said anything about what uni she’s in now
She has, but she cares more that she's in Los Angeles than that school specifically. If she got into UCLA or USC I'm almost certain she would namedrop it like Oxford and Harvard because they're more well known than Claremont. I'll be interested if she still makes videos with her 6 hour classes, 5am calls to the UK and her other full time jobs (wearing shein suits and taking credit for actual academics furthering global education)...

Reactions: 14
Well if she carries on like that about Oxford/Harvard she won't need to worry about her social life because she won't have any friends

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In her new video she doesn't seem to know the American pronunciation of water, so asks for it in Spanish? Everyone knows it's wah-ter, not wor-ter in the States! So weird..

Reactions: 5
She gives me the ick. Reeks of privilege. And so damn boastful. Weird dynamic with Malala too.

Reactions: 9
In her new video she doesn't seem to know the American pronunciation of water, so asks for it in Spanish? Everyone knows it's wah-ter, not wor-ter in the States! So weird..
she always seems so pretentious I have to humble her Vee you can't speak Spanish she made very basic errors just asking where the water is :LOL:

Reactions: 7
This sounds so mean, but I’ll be surprised if she makes it to the end. Her social life & self-importance is valuable to her
Speaking from experience, the qualifying exam component of US PhDs can be absolutely crushing, and I really do not see how she will manage that if her program has that element. I was studying at least three hours a day (in addition to external fellowships, my graduate research assistant work, and my final seminar courses) for the entire year leading up to my exams...and that was just to demonstrate that, in addition to having a master's and my doctoral coursework, I'm ready to do my dissertation. It really is not just an extension of a master's program so I struggle to see how someone who is halfheartedly in a PhD program like she is will manage!

Reactions: 4
Speaking from experience, the qualifying exam component of US PhDs can be absolutely crushing, and I really do not see how she will manage that if her program has that element. I was studying at least three hours a day (in addition to external fellowships, my graduate research assistant work, and my final seminar courses) for the entire year leading up to my exams...and that was just to demonstrate that, in addition to having a master's and my doctoral coursework, I'm ready to do my dissertation. It really is not just an extension of a master's program so I struggle to see how someone who is halfheartedly in a PhD program like she is will manage!
She'll probably end up mastering out and posting a video claiming her career is too big to do a PhD right now. The influencer to dropout pipeline is super common.

Reactions: 8
This sounds so mean, but I’ll be surprised if she makes it to the end. Her social life & self-importance is valuable to her
She'll probably end up mastering out and posting a video claiming her career is too big to do a PhD right now. The influencer to dropout pipeline is super common.
That's a good point. I have been noticing more and more influencer wannabes doing that. It's almost like none of us were joking when we said this is one of-if not *the*-hardest things we have ever done 😂

Reactions: 2
Vee is my biggest Youtuber disappointment. A few years ago her essay crisis videos and the fact that we studied somewhat similar subjects got me through my bachelor studies. I was also so happy to follow her because she seemed genuinely interested in what she studied and she was not a typical "studytube influencer", she just seemed like an intelligent student who happened to film videos. She was very relatable!

I was genuinely looking forward to following her career forward and seeing how she would use her degree. BOY was I disappointed when I started seeing the signs of the influencer curse and how she clearly was not interested in anything other than fame, money and name dropping fancy universities and people. And at first nobody else seemed to agree either, until I finally found this forum (which I've been lurking in for ages now).

It all makes me cringe so bad.

Reactions: 15
Why is she getting to speak at these huge international conferences? She has zero credentials. She’s never taught in a classroom and has done a 1 year masters degree in education. That’s it?

Reactions: 15
Why is she getting to speak at these huge international conferences? She has zero credentials. She’s never taught in a classroom and has done a 1 year masters degree in education. That’s it?
I always wondered the same. I imagine she's quite a pushy person (putting it nicely lol) and knows how to cosy up to the right people.

Reactions: 5