Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shes doing it for the prestige, and she isnt going to do anything with this PhD once she graduates

I'm so sick of her me me me, like go do something worthwhile with your two degrees, she doesnt even understand policy, shes just a glorified essay writer at this point

Reactions: 14
Shes doing it for the prestige, and she isnt going to do anything with this PhD once she graduates

I'm so sick of her me me me, like go do something worthwhile with your two degrees, she doesnt even understand policy, shes just a glorified essay writer at this point
I'd be impressed if she even graduates tbh, if she's already complaining i can't see her lasting 4 years

Reactions: 11
It seems to me her workload is high because she's cramming as many projects/classes into three years, expecting to finish it that quickly.

Reactions: 14
No but Vee already complaining about the workload after 1 day of doing a wholeass PhD just sent me haahhahahahahahhahaha. What did she think it was going to be like? Ms girly you’re doing a PhD, most doctorate students dedicate their whole lives to do that for the full 4 years, that’s kind of the point.
This sounds so mean, but I’ll be surprised if she makes it to the end. Her social life & self-importance is valuable to her

Reactions: 10
No but Vee already complaining about the workload after 1 day of doing a wholeass PhD just sent me haahhahahahahahhahaha. What did she think it was going to be like? Ms girly you’re doing a PhD, most doctorate students dedicate their whole lives to do that for the full 4 years, that’s kind of the point.
She signed up for this and has been bragging about it for ages. She acts like she’s suddenly found herself surprised that she now has to do some work :ROFLMAO:

Cue inevitable “girlboss burnout” selfies and reels in 2 months’ time. Like “ya 👏 girl 👏is 👏burrrrrrrrnt 👏OUT, here, have a long reel with me preaching on how to reduce burnout”.

Reactions: 12
I don’t really understand how her PhD works? Why has she got such long classes every day, isn’t it meant to be mostly independent study/research with a supervisor?

Reactions: 7
I think in the US PhDs tend to include more of a taught component.
We definitely do at least in the first year or two depending on how long your phd is and if you want to just focus on research the last few years. But lectures that end at 10 pm? Unheard of. Idk what she is going on about. Phd students can be TAs in their early years and will be required to hold study sessions depending on the university. In that case the student comes up with a time they are free, but in my experience as an undergrad these sessions don’t go past 9:00 or 9:30.

So, if she’s having lectures end at 10 pm then either the program needs to get its tit together or she’s downright lying and not managing her time well.

Reactions: 8
Gloat, gloat repeat. She needs to learn to be humble. Not everyone can get a full scholarship and live off you tube. Look at the real world.

Reactions: 9
We definitely do at least in the first year or two depending on how long your phd is and if you want to just focus on research the last few years. But lectures that end at 10 pm? Unheard of. Idk what she is going on about. Phd students can be TAs in their early years and will be required to hold study sessions depending on the university. In that case the student comes up with a time they are free, but in my experience as an undergrad these sessions don’t go past 9:00 or 9:30.

So, if she’s having lectures end at 10 pm then either the program needs to get its tit together or she’s downright lying and not managing her time well.
I think her PhD is particularly condensed - they talk about it being a 4 year course on their website (and she talks about 3 years?) rather than the 6 or 7 which is normal in the US right?

It's all very odd. 10pm class finishes is not how I'd like to go about a PhD anyway!

Reactions: 4
So this is the course she's doing: https://www.cgu.edu/academics/program/urban-educational-leadership/#:~:text=Leading to a PhD, the,needed to promote educational justice.

It says this: Take advantage of courses that are offered at times to meet the schedules of working professionals. UL cohort classes are held on select weekends (Friday evenings and Saturdays.

Looking at this I really don't see how she's going to complete this in 3 years. It says 4-6 years, coursework for the first 2-3 full academic years, then dissertation. The smartest person I know wrote his PhD thesis in 2.5 years in England, I highly doubt Vee would beat that. Unless the idea is that it's a part time programme so 4-6 years is around work, in which case she might be able to complete sooner if she's only doing this, but 4 years part time seems very short...makes no sense to me tbh.

Reactions: 11
So this is the course she's doing: https://www.cgu.edu/academics/program/urban-educational-leadership/#:~:text=Leading to a PhD, the,needed to promote educational justice.

It says this: Take advantage of courses that are offered at times to meet the schedules of working professionals. UL cohort classes are held on select weekends (Friday evenings and Saturdays.

Looking at this I really don't see how she's going to complete this in 3 years. It says 4-6 years, coursework for the first 2-3 full academic years, then dissertation. The smartest person I know wrote his PhD thesis in 2.5 years in England, I highly doubt Vee would beat that. Unless the idea is that it's a part time programme so 4-6 years is around work, in which case she might be able to complete sooner if she's only doing this, but 4 years part time seems very short...makes no sense to me tbh.
Ah that makes more sense but what a nightmare! At least if you were working I feel like that’s really helpful because you could go to classes and not miss work. I think one of my teachers back in high school did a similar thing.

But Vee obviously wants to speed run this thing just so she has phd at the end of her name. Either she musters through it or a year from now shes making a video about academic burnout and that’s shes quitting her phd so she can go back to wear obnoxious outfits and gloating about herself so she can take a more “active” role in education.

Reactions: 9
Ah that makes more sense but what a nightmare! At least if you were working I feel like that’s really helpful because you could go to classes and not miss work. I think one of my teachers back in high school did a similar thing.

But Vee obviously wants to speed run this thing just so she has phd at the end of her name. Either she musters through it or a year from now shes making a video about academic burnout and that’s shes quitting her phd so she can go back to wear obnoxious outfits and gloating about herself so she can take a more “active” role in education.
Yeah it's so weird she's doing a programme that seems to target people actually working in education which Vee does not. I expect if/when she does finish sooner than the others she'll be bragging about completing early when those people are working full time as well and she isn't. Like she's already complaining about weekend classes when she doesn't have to hold down a job in the week. Everyone in my cohort worked 7 days a week anyway from about 6 months in, after the first upgrade - good luck to her if she's already whining after the first week

Reactions: 12
I find it hilarious that she's already moaning about timings when she has barely been there a week 😂

Reactions: 6
I think in the US PhDs tend to include more of a taught component.
For PhDs in the US, at first, you focus on graduate studies, but then as you progress you take fewer and fewer classes and focus on your research. Many also teach undergrads a class or two.
---
Ahh that explains why she’s not doing one in the UK. Doubt she could cope
Not to be that person, but a PhD program is largely what you make it. I don't think the UK has more rigorous PhD programs than the US, they're just different. Additionally, US degree programs are longer than UK degree programs, so it's not like there's less work.

Reactions: 3
IMO the only reason she's doing this is because she gets to live in the US for a few years.

Reactions: 5