Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really left everything until the last minute and is now complaining.

Reactions: 3
She is insufferable but I will be here with 🍿 popcorn, as I love to people-watch narcissistic influencers. Is that to punish myself or just fascination at behaviours? You decide 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t know Vee very well and only watched a few of her YT videos as I was at Oxford soon after she was, but I made the mistake of following her on LinkedIn and wow is it the most triggering, depressing crap I have seen. She doesn’t just share and enjoy her achievements, she smacks you in the face with them and smears them all over while grinning at you from a bazillion smug photos. She’s disgustingly boastful and I had to take a step away from LinkedIn cause it was so toxic. Nothing to do with jealously as there’s no part of me that could or would do any of the stuff she is doing, it’s just the way she comes across and shares her life. It makes you feel so tit in comparison no matter how great your own achievements are. She’s genuinely insufferable.

Reactions: 17
I don’t know Vee very well and only watched a few of her YT videos as I was at Oxford soon after she was, but I made the mistake of following her on LinkedIn and wow is it the most triggering, depressing crap I have seen. She doesn’t just share and enjoy her achievements, she smacks you in the face with them and smears them all over while grinning at you from a bazillion smug photos. She’s disgustingly boastful and I had to take a step away from LinkedIn cause it was so toxic. Nothing to do with jealously as there’s no part of me that could or would do any of the stuff she is doing, it’s just the way she comes across and shares her life. It makes you feel so tit in comparison no matter how great your own achievements are. She’s genuinely insufferable.
She has to be SMASHHHING🙏🙏 or WINNNNING👑👑 everything - it's so dull. Thing is, all these boasts sound exactly the same so it just negates the impact of any true achievements.

I really think Vee must be so insecure about her work output if every event has to be documented online and made out to be a major life achievement.

Reactions: 13
I also follow her on linkedin and the thing that gets me is her batshit punctuation/grammar/cohesiveness. It's so inconsistent, it feels like I'm reading a whatsapp message from my dad who can barely type in english. Random example for her post last week: "Happy Sunday my LinkedIn family , here is a A full behind the scenes of a week in my life working at the United Nations! I’ve finally uploaded the full VLOG ! "

Why is everything so inconsistent lol (If you read through her posts you'll realise this isn't a one off thing)

Reactions: 10
I also follow her on linkedin and the thing that gets me is her batshit punctuation/grammar/cohesiveness. It's so inconsistent, it feels like I'm reading a whatsapp message from my dad who can barely type in english. Random example for her post last week: "Happy Sunday my LinkedIn family , here is a A full behind the scenes of a week in my life working at the United Nations! I’ve finally uploaded the full VLOG ! "

Why is everything so inconsistent lol (If you read through her posts you'll realise this isn't a one off thing)
Maybe her team writes some of her posts.

Hi, new poster here. I've been following Vee for a while as I work in higher ed in Africa, with a focus on innovation in education to broaden access, so thought Vee was working on similar issues. And I have a question.. what exactly has she done that is so remarkable to be named a young UN leader? Is it empowered by Vee? I am just confused. I work with, and teach so many more inspiring young African leaders that are trying to have a meaningful impact on the world and on education policy in their countries.. like why her

Reactions: 20
She has to be SMASHHHING🙏🙏 or WINNNNING👑👑 everything - it's so dull. Thing is, all these boasts sound exactly the same so it just negates the impact of any true achievements.

I really think Vee must be so insecure about her work output if every event has to be documented online and made out to be a major life achievement.
Yeah exactly, the over the top boasts honestly just make me feel even more tired than I already am. 🤣 It’s too much energy for me. It makes it come off really manufactured and fake.

I’m no fashion guru - but that dress looks so plain! No way would I pay £20 for that, even though it’s second hand. Looks like it would go for £15 tops on PLT
IMG_5034.png

Reactions: 2
She's posting video of herself chugging water absent mindedly on a train, like some narcissist filming herself as though the camera isn't there 😂 We see her closing her book, faffing around unscrewing the water lid then staring into space chugging her water 😂 GET OVER YOURSELF, love!

Screenshot_20230728-131755.png

Screenshot_20230728-131805.png

Screenshot_20230728-131814.png

Screenshot_20230728-131425.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It looks like she’s pushed herself into the frame 🤣 everyone’s posing like normal and she just HAD to make herself standout 🙄
IMG_5053.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Eh...I don't think getting into a programme is that big of an achievement, if I'm honest. I don't know about America, I've only applied/gone through this in England, but for a standard PhD it's pretty easy just getting a place. I don't know anyone ever get rejected for the place itself (except for certain very competitive programmes that usually lead to some kind of accreditation, like clinical psychology for example) it's normally the funding that people don't get and therefore can't take up their place. Oxford and Cambridge are notorious for giving out more places than they will fund for example, I know several people who 'got into Oxbridge PhD programmes' but had to go elsewhere as they only got funding elsewhere. Funding is basically king for PhDs. Obviously she got funding at Claremont and idk anything at all about how difficult it is to get funding in the states but I would assume if she's going there, a not very high profile uni, that she definitely didn't get any funding in England.

And just as an aside on the whole PhD thing anyways...I always say to people I genuinely believe if you're smart enough to do a bachelors, you're smart enough to do a PhD. People think doing a PhD means you're super smart, having done one myself I disagree, and I know plenty of what I would call very intelligent people who did not make it through the PhD. The PhD is basically, in my experience anyways, the ultimate test in resilience and grit. You can be the smartest person in the world and not get through it if you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Wanting the title is not enough to get you through the hardest parts.
Getting into a fully funded PhD program in the US is quite competitive. The usual stats are a 3.5-3.8 gpa and up (basically all A's and B+'s), high GRE scores (though some programs are test optional now because of covid), and they'd prefer it if you did undergraduate research. I'm thinking it helped that she's studying a more niche topic and that she's not from the US because from what I understand it's not common to participate in a professors research lab as an undergrad in the UK, so it wouldn't be counted against her.

Reactions: 8
Getting into a fully funded PhD program in the US is quite competitive. The usual stats are a 3.5-3.8 gpa and up (basically all A's and B+'s), high GRE scores (though some programs are test optional now because of covid), and they'd prefer it if you did undergraduate research. I'm thinking it helped that she's studying a more niche topic and that she's not from the US because from what I understand it's not common to participate in a professors research lab as an undergrad in the UK, so it wouldn't be counted against her.
I agree with you! Just to give a different perspective: it’s incredibly hard to get a place on any PhD programme in Ireland as well, with or without funding. You generally need to have at least a 2:1 Master’s degree (preferably 1:1) and your proposal needs to be immaculately planned and presented, and even then you can get turned down on a whim. Once you get a place, the application to secure funding is a whole other process and it usually doesn’t come from the university.

It's pretty telling how the university Vee is doing a PhD at is always an afterthought.

Most of her tweets are about going from OXFORD to HARVARD and now OMG moving to America to study further

Reactions: 9
i just do not understand how she has gotten so many degrees when she cannot even spell or punctuate properly. i've had professors literally say that they will stop grading if they come across more than 1 basic mistake as it is unacceptable at the university level. she's not even a STEM kid, those have an excuse, they are otherwise talented.

why does she not use spell check? when you have an audience and preach about EDUCATION you should really go the extra mile and make sure you write correctly.

i have noticed though that her views have gone down massively. i think people are finally catching on that she is full of tit.

Reactions: 4
She keeps re posting that clip of her talking and asking people to share it…. I watched it and I thought what’s so great about her brand? It just feels like she says what so many other people say and because she has a platform she can be more known for it. But she doesn’t really say anything special… paying teachers more for example we Know That and it’s been talked about so much but what can she actually do about it? Just feels like false promises