Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long term lurker here, but I’ve got to speak up now cause it’s really driving me insane😂

I attended the same school as Vee. She was a stuck up and pompous girl even then, thought she was a cut above everyone else. Sucked up to every single teacher going and looked down her nose at every single other person there. She describes her school as “disruptive state school”, when it really wasn’t disruptive at all😂 It was a state school yes, but at the time we attended it was considered the best in the area. The waiting list to attend the school was huge. Many people have gone on to become successful nurses, teachers and highly qualified individuals. However not all of us parade it around on social media, and have made our money by exploiting the fact we met a famous best friend at university..

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Long term lurker here, but I’ve got to speak up now cause it’s really driving me insane😂

I attended the same school as Vee. She was a stuck up and pompous girl even then, thought she was a cut above everyone else. Sucked up to every single teacher going and looked down her nose at every single other person there. She describes her school as “disruptive state school”, when it really wasn’t disruptive at all😂 It was a state school yes, but at the time we attended it was considered the best in the area. The waiting list to attend the school was huge. Many people have gone on to become successful nurses, teachers and highly qualified individuals. However not all of us parade it around on social media, and have made our money by exploiting the fact we met a famous best friend at university..
Wheres that teacher who said not to set her eyes on Oxford its not for people like her?!? She definitely missed out the sucking up to teachers, and I hate when people put others down, there are some excellent state schools where some parenrs with children in prep end up taking them there for secondary instead of an independent

Sometimes give credit where its due but people love the rags to riches/success story, this will always go viral and draw people in

She probably looks down on all those bramptpn manner school kis going to excellent universities and getting excellent GCSE and A-Level grades

She seemslike those girls who ONLY want to be the black person in the room, shame on her

Reactions: 6
Wheres that teacher who said not to set her eyes on Oxford its not for people like her?!? She definitely missed out the sucking up to teachers, and I hate when people put others down, there are some excellent state schools where some parenrs with children in prep end up taking them there for secondary instead of an independent

Sometimes give credit where its due but people love the rags to riches/success story, this will always go viral and draw people in

She probably looks down on all those bramptpn manner school kis going to excellent universities and getting excellent GCSE and A-Level grades

She seemslike those girls who ONLY want to be the black person in the room, shame on her
I know for a fact not a single one of the teachers who were there at the time, would have said that to her. The teachers that she had, were all incredibly supportive and encouraged everyone to reach the goals that they set for themselves no matter how difficult they may seem. It was what the entire school was based around, so I’m not sure where she got that from!

Reactions: 7
I know for a fact not a single one of the teachers who were there at the time, would have said that to her. The teachers that she had, were all incredibly supportive and encouraged everyone to reach the goals that they set for themselves no matter how difficult they may seem. It was what the entire school was based around, so I’m not sure where she got that from!
She’s probably made that up.

Reactions: 2
I know a number people who have got into prestigious US PhD programmes without Harvard and Oxford on their CV. It's naive to think the names on the CV alone (and a low effort book she only got published because she's an influencer) would guarantee acceptance.
Yep! I graduated from an under-performing high school before getting a BA from a small liberal arts college that nobody knows the name of, but that offered me enough scholarships and mentorship. I went to a state university for my master's and now I'm in a state university for my PhD, but it's considered the best program in my field. The bias against "no-name" universities and a general lack of understanding of the purpose of a PhD and what it takes to get in is super frustrating. It's especially annoying seeing people like this act like being an influencer somehow means they're more deserving of my spot, especially given my background...

Reactions: 10
You guys called it, she's applying to more schools
Not at all surprised! She wants the biggest names. The only people I know who have their alma maters in their IG bios are Vee and others who make money relying on the prestige of their university education.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Not at all surprised! She wants the biggest names. The only people I know who have their alma maters in their IG bios are Vee and others who make money relying on the prestige of their university education.
It seems Oxford and Harvard are not enough for her 🙄 She should strive to go somewhere with the best department for the field she wants to study, not just the overall name above the door of the institution. She's already living off the name of Oxford and Harvard, what more does she want?

Reactions: 10
It seems Oxford and Harvard are not enough for her 🙄 She should strive to go somewhere with the best department for the field she wants to study, not just the overall name above the door of the institution. She's already living off the name of Oxford and Harvard, what more does she want?
Exactly this. And I would say the specific supervisor too, even more important than department in fact, although that’s definitely a more important factor than the overall name of the uni. Plus Oxbridge are notorious for giving out many more PhD offers than they can fund, I bet she would be the type to take an unfunded Oxbridge PhD over a funded ‘less prestigious’ name because she’s that dopey.

Reactions: 18
Exactly this. And I would say the specific supervisor too, even more important than department in fact, although that’s definitely a more important factor than the overall name of the uni. Plus Oxbridge are notorious for giving out many more PhD offers than they can fund, I bet she would be the type to take an unfunded Oxbridge PhD over a funded ‘less prestigious’ name because she’s that dopey.
This. I was going to say something similar -- you can tell she's doing it all for the wrong reasons. At this stage of your academic career, you should be networking and picking to work with a specific academic who you wish to emulate in the same field of research and would like to learn from THAT SCHOLAR. It's the supervisor you should be prioritising, not the institution.

In the future, as a doctorate, you'll be judged by WHO you trained under and your supervisor is who helps build your future network in terms of research field and specialities. No one cares what university you went to. It's who trained you that stands out.

Reactions: 17
So true!! My manager has a PhD and rhe leader of another team didnt know this and in a meeting she mentioned a researchers name, that leader said how do you know them and she mentioned how she did a PhD in their lab and he said you're not one to mess with as your supervisor is known in the field and if you graduated from her lab then you must be just as amazing in your work

So Vee is a head, you'd think she'd be networking or doinf some sort of work in the mean time, shes got NO work experiences she's book smart but thats it and that doesnt get you far in the real world

She's looking for a uni with a good rep, she doesnt care about the PhD, even if you are at a non ivy leage, if the researcher is known for their work in the field who cares?!?! Oh but Vee does!!

Shes getting boring, noone cares anymore

Reactions: 7
I’ve never seen somebody more deserving of a healthy dose of imposter syndrome…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I just came across her moving vlog. Does anyone else not believe that she's moving because shes never in the country? Someone like her, who is all about image, would keep paying the apartment just to say she has it. I think it's more about money than she is letting on.

Reactions: 5
Vee needs to get an actual J-O-B.

Would also help with her PhD applications.
Just caught up with Vee and her recent updates.
Was curious about her being a UN Young Leader, is this an unpaid advisory type role or paid position? Wonder if she will be able to manage both..

She’s applying for PhDs in the UK (and the US) in her newest video and saying she had her personal statement ready but didn’t realise she needed a research proposal…. So she’s actually got no idea what a PhD entails??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
She’s applying for PhDs in the UK (and the US) in her newest video and saying she had her personal statement ready but didn’t realise she needed a research proposal…. So she’s actually got no idea what a PhD entails??
No! It's mentioned on like every website about PhD applications and on the university PhD websites themselves. How did she not know?!?! Baffling.

Just caught up with Vee and her recent updates.
Was curious about her being a UN Young Leader, is this an unpaid advisory type role or paid position? Wonder if she will be able to manage both..
I think it's an unpaid advisory role.

Reactions: 6