Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she not from London already? I don’t get what she meant in her post by part of the reason why I’ve moved to London?

I have literally never come across anyone so braggy. Her whole social media is just her bragging. Whats she actually acheived? I dont get it. Out of all the studytubers she is definitely the most narcissistic.

Screenshot_20210629-091038.png

• Sick
Reactions: 31
Yeah and, I mean, what is exactly her social action or humanitarian efforts?

I don't deny the fact that her platform and her message, at least at the begining, might have inspired you POC girls and that having representation of POC in academia, Oxbridge&Ivy League, etc is very important. But what has she actually achieved?

That being said, I think Vee has a lot of potential and that she could really achieve great things and do a lot for girl's education, she has the platform, the presence, understands the issues, is very outspoken, communicates very well. I always thought she would go far when i started watching her and was very excited to follow her journey, but right now i am finding her quite hard to watch.

Reactions: 18
I think Vee has become very very egotistical and it's so sad because I used to absolutely love her.

She just constantly brags all the time and is constantly rubbing things in her audience faces.

I stopped following her as she made her IG more like an influencer's page. Couldn't honestly tell you what she studied at Harvard because she never mentioned it.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I stopped following her as she made her IG more like an influencer's page. Couldn't honestly tell you what she studied at Harvard because she never mentioned it.
Almost like she just went for the name/ brand. Sad she probably took a spot away from someone more passionate about education.
Also TTTHHHEEE Diana award? Nope, never heard of it 🤷‍♀️. And how did she earn it, exactly? Raised money? Awareness? Found a new discovery?

Reactions: 17
I feel like she is better at marketing herself as someone making change than she is at actually doing anything that makes a real difference? Because I also can't see what she has done to have won the award, or to be appearing in some of the spaces she has been like with the Obamas, etc. She has really good connections, and a great story (coming from Zimbabwe, working to support her Mum - credit to her academic achievements but I do wonder how much of this is exaggerated. I love the "I worked at McDonalds" spiel like that is the rock bottom she worked up from - well done. So many students work there to support themselves?) but Empowered by Vee is her main thing, right? And that seems something quite small and something she only seems to promote and focus on occasionally?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I mean her social media is doing well, but what changes has she actually made with the Empowered By Vee thing?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
lol I actually feel a bit sorry for Jack Edwards because if that was me, and Vee was essentially stealing my ideas for their own YouTube channel I'd be fuming. There's no originality in her video, no new way of presenting or discussing thoughts, it is a direct rip off of his videos, and as a friend that must be incredibly infuriating to watch even though she does credit him.

Reactions: 11
lol I actually feel a bit sorry for Jack Edwards because if that was me, and Vee was essentially stealing my ideas for their own YouTube channel I'd be fuming. There's no originality in her video, no new way of presenting or discussing thoughts, it is a direct rip off of his videos, and as a friend that must be incredibly infuriating to watch even though she does credit him.
I note that she's also starting doing the odd language learning video like Jade does too.

I think that's the trouble with YouTube: everyone copies everyone else, and nobody can really say anything because no one owns a particular concept or idea.

Reactions: 6
Does everything have to be a flex/humble brag??? Took her Mum out for dinner but not just any dinner - THE SHARD - and took loads of photos because she’s such a good daughter wow

Reactions: 13
Does everything have to be a flex/humble brag??? Took her Mum out for dinner but not just any dinner - THE SHARD - and took loads of photos because she’s such a good daughter wow
The money has gone to her head, everything has to be a flex.

Reactions: 12
I always found her super braggy before she became more of an "influencer"

"Oh, only getting nominated for this AWARD"

"Only getting my mum a meal at the SHARD"

I'm not saying she shouldn't be allowed treats but there's being obnoxious and humble. She is super obnoxious and full of her self.

Reactions: 17
I always found her super braggy before she became more of an "influencer"

"Oh, only getting nominated for this AWARD"

"Only getting my mum a meal at the SHARD"

I'm not saying she shouldn't be allowed treats but there's being obnoxious and humble. She is super obnoxious and full of her self.
"The game is the game" 🤣

• Haha
She’ll find her look at me I’ve struggled so hard act will ultimately turn her viewers off because she’s quickly getting further and further out of touch.

Reactions: 2
When your mum hates heights so you take her to the shard ???? Big brain time 🙄
722B5443-D778-41D2-8C2C-5D596C67C5EC.png

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
even the song choice is so on the nose (even if unintentional): "Rich gang - Lifestyle"

Reactions: 1
A compliment on her new flat video that made me laugh 😂
44C71C45-CD1D-4104-B9E4-CD778AD7C0D9.jpeg

I did not realise caring for plants was an achievement worthy of praise.

• Haha