Vanessa Feltz

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is not coming across very well, and I think she will live to regret doing Celebs go dating.
I think so too. Her comments on her own Instagram page are quite damning from people who had sympathy for her before. Benny Boy is probably laughing to himself. Some sympathy is going his way without him having to pull any more sad faces.

Reactions: 4
I agree that Vanessa is coming across as very passive aggressive on her dates, when the guys try to explain they feel like they are being interviewed she just gets all defensive. Now I've been thinking about this programme and with it being reality TV , how much of it is semi scripted? That bit last night when the agency guy took her away from the table, seemed a bit set up to me. Also when Lottie was shouting at her ex date, they want good TV don't they? Vanessa knows all about reality TV and how it works. I agree with all the other comments about her though and she isn't coming across well atall.

Reactions: 7
I was shocked to see her with Schofield a few weeks ago, but now I'm not shocked at all. She's not a nice person, so she is well suited to him.

Reactions: 9
Can someone fill me in what happened with the ex husband did he have an affair, it’s so long ago I can’t remember all the details.

Reactions: 1
They attended a wedding together, and he came home and started packing a bag saying he was leaving her, and that the problems in the marriage were insurmountable. She was blindsided, said she didn’t realise they had problems and thought she was happily married. She found out a few weeks later, via a tabloid newspaper voicemail, that he was having an affair with one of his colleagues who was 14 years younger. They had photos etc. Messy divorce. She had a big contract at the time, and even though he was a wealthy guy himself, because she was the top earner, she ended up paying out a lot in a settlement. So he left, and instead of saying I have someone new, he took a cowards way out until he was outed.

That’s hard to recover from.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I've never been particularly enamoured with Vanessa Feltz. I always thought she had a side to her that wasn't pleasant. I think this First Dates show confirms it. She is lovely and friendly to her friends and on camera when needs must, but like many of those on screen, off camera they have another side to them.

You cannot trust what you see on your screens. I spoke to someone who said their opinion changed about Rylan after the way he treated staff at a local maccy d's. Some people either get a bit of fame and start to act like their tit don't stink, or they always had that side to them.

I've never been particularly enamoured with Vanessa Feltz. I always thought she had a side to her that wasn't pleasant. I think this First Dates show confirms it. She is lovely and friendly to her friends and on camera when needs must, but like many of those on screen, off camera they have another side to them.

You cannot trust what you see on your screens. I spoke to someone who said their opinion changed about Rylan after the way he treated staff at a local maccy d's. Some people either get a bit of fame and start to act like their tit don't stink, or they always had that side to them.
Assume that Rylan wasn’t as nice as he comes across?

The thing is, we all have different moods at different times. Nobody is sunny side up all the time. But with Vanessa on this show, she has consistently shown a petulant side with rare flashes of good humour. I do not for one moment think she did this show in the expectation of finding a partner. I don’t buy it. With her most successful date he said something trivial she didn’t like and he had to work at getting her friendly again. That’s hard work, and I don’t suppose she is any different in a relationship.

I think she will find it hard to have a new relationship. She is in her 60s, she is naturally wary, she is rich, she is famous, she is successful - and a killer blow - she is ferociously intelligent. The latter will put men off. They are that shallow - they want to be top banana and the fact is, I don’t think you could be the top banana with Feltzy. And I don’t think she should dumb herself down either. She needs a period of time as a singleton otherwise she is going to be ripe pickings for a charmer that has her type of banter

Reactions: 15
I'm sure I remember a comment about her and Ben in the celebrity gossip thread.

She was overheard saying to him "I don't care, I'm paying for the bloody pizza and we are not having gluten free!"

I really don't like Ben but I do think he was constantly reminded that she held the purs strings and wore the trousers.

Reactions: 8
I adore Vanessa but she comes across as someone who relies on being defensive to avoid feeling hurt

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A bit of damage control from Vanessa on ‘This Morning’ - looking at Phone was important work call🙄 and leaving him eating at the table was because of a breaking story at work … ummm not sure about that

Reactions: 6
Shame to hear she's not coming across well, I expected better. I thought her video on IG when she broke up with Ben was very heartfelt and genuine.

Reactions: 4
Her feed on Instagram is just full of her modelling clothes which she obviously gets paid for. It’s bang, bang, bang - one ad after the other. Except she doesn’t declare them as ads. It is coming across as very greedy. If she had a divorce settlement to pay for, I could understand it. She doesn’t seem to grasp the concept of the rules about posting on Instagram in a paid for capacity.

• Wow
Looked up that company she models for. One of the owners is Linda Plant that hard faced lizard woman who does the interview stage on the Apprentice. If you watch the show you will know who I mean. The clothes are very market stall. Some of the dressers suit V’s image, but a lot of them are odd.

@VeeJayBee - wonder if MAM will be placing an order? (MAM is Jo Good, ex colleague of V’s on Radio London, thinks she is a fashionista and was always throwing shade at V - jealous of her career and earning capacity).

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I checked out the dresses V is promoting, at £79.00 they would not be good enough for high-end West-end Jo who likes a four-figure frock. :rolleyes:

But V obviously doesn't care less they are the "affordable" end of the market as they are clearly an earner for her. And to be fair most suit her. The dress ads on her Insta seem to be co-posted with a company called 4 Love. But go to 4 Love in Insta and you will see V is modelling on every post, and also on their website. Maybe it's a front for Vanessa's own retail set-up. I wonder if they're drop-shipped from China. I think company Insta accounts don't have to mark as AD but this would not apply to her personal account so she really should declare compliantly.

Vanessa has not been on my radar lately, I don't watch This Morrning and I've all but given up on Talk Radio, all the whooshing sounds on their repetitive TV idents are jarring when tuning in audio-only. Afternoons I go to Times Radio to listen to Mariella Frostrup, then Jane Garvey and Fi Glover so don't bother tuning away to hear V at 4pm on Talk.