Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t buy any of the stories that say multiple people know that Richey Edwards is alive but have been sworn to secrecy. His parents died without ever knowing what happened to their son. Who would have that on their conscience?

The point about the Severn being calm and unable to wash a body away has been addressed several times and the truth is the opposite. I certainly remember reading reports back in the 90s that said the likelihood of any person throwing themselves into the river at Aust were highly likely to be swept out into the Bristol Channel and never found.

Also, I don’t think his eyes were particularly unmistakable but he had four large tattoos on his arms which, presumably, would be difficult to hide for 25 years if you were trying to live a quiet life, undetected.

The truth is Richey was extremely ill and things had reached a particularly low point in mid to late 1994. I don’t think he felt able to carry on both with the band and with life.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I can’t buy any of the stories that say multiple people know that Richey Edwards is alive but have been sworn to secrecy. His parents died without ever knowing what happened to their son. Who would have that on their conscience?

The point about the Severn being calm and unable to wash a body away has been addressed several times and the truth is the opposite. I certainly remember reading reports back in the 90s that said the likelihood of any person throwing themselves into the river at Aust were highly likely to be swept out into the Bristol Channel and never found.

Also, I don’t think his eyes were particularly unmistakable but he had four large tattoos on his arms which, presumably, would be difficult to hide for 25 years if you were trying to live a quiet life, undetected.

The truth is Richey was extremely ill and things had reached a particularly low point in mid to late 1994. I don’t think he felt able to carry on both with the band and with life.
Completely 100% agree. If these people genuinely did know the truth, they could at least have the decency to tell his sister who is still campaigning and hoping to find him. Or the police. The police wouldn't force him to go home if he didn't want to and they wouldn't have to tell the public but at least his sister could have some closure. I will call bullshit on all these claims until one of them does the right thing and does something with that info.

Reactions: 17

I also think people are putting today’s methods of search and rescue/policing to a case that happened nearly 30 years ago. The approach was very different - the different counties didn’t communicate very well with each other and also there was a problem with the time 24 hours so he crossed the bridge in the am not the pm. It’s my belief he likely ended his life and possibly went into the water. I don’t believe he would put his parents or his best friends through hell and not tell them.
The cult of Richey has some stupid members in it. I thought it was just a satire thing when I joined the messaging boards but some people took it waaaay too seriously.

Reactions: 10
I think it's possible Richey faked his death, although not massively likely. Occam's razor comes into play really.

The most likely of all of those stories is probably Tupac, honestly. Although "most likely" is very relative in this case.

Re: Watkins I've always assumed that most people "knew"¹ he was a bit creepy and didn't care how old his groupies were, but not the level of vile that he was actually involved in.

¹by which I mean "suspected but couldn't prove" or "had an idea but weren't sure enough to do anything".

Reactions: 3
Re: Watkins I've always assumed that most people "knew"¹ he was a bit creepy and didn't care how old his groupies were, but not the level of vile that he was actually involved in.
With Watkins I think the issue is that young girls were seen as fair game back when he was popular, I would say only recently has this idea of young girls and musicians been seen for what it is: creepy. I think a lot of people who witnessed the young girls going to his hotel room/tour bus etc thought that because they ‘offered’ themselves up for it, then what he did to them was their perfectly acceptable. This issue was so rife when I was younger and into alt music. The magazines like Kerrang highly sexualised women, the wording was often misogynistic and when you went to the gigs the musicians and the male fans who dressed like them were treated like Gods and if one didn’t come onto you, *you* were seen as the odd one, the ugly duckling. I remember Ville Valo from HIM giving and interview where he said that their drummer liked young girls but had to be careful he didn’t get in trouble - no way would that be published now or should it have ever been published. But back then that was seen as an ok thing to say and an ok approach to have.

My weak tea is, the rest of the boys didn't know and now they are dads they are absolutely horrified that they didn't put him in his place regarding his behaviour towards young female fans and wish they had done things differently.
They didn’t know he was that bad sure but they did know he abused his position and had sex with young and underage girls and they let it continue. They are complicit in the whole thing. They even had sex with young fans who were barely over 16 years old. Someone I used to know was only 15 when she felt forced to have sex with one of the members. They’ve tried to rehab their image but it just won’t wash.

People who know Richey know that he would not kill himself and it seems Richey has told some people that he is alive, but they have to keep up appearances. He could not handle fame and never wants to be found, so those in the know will never admit to this.
I think this is a load of bollocks and sounds like the sort of stuff I used to read from the cult of richey weirdos years ago. Not saying that you are a weirdo! Just the whole ‘the people who really knew him know he wouldn’t kill himself’ but he was desperately Ill, had a history of causing severe wounds to his body, was anorexic and I believe borderline an alcoholic or was an alcoholic when he went missing. How is it such a stretch that he decided one day he just couldn’t do it anymore and ended his life? He was so close to the band and his family, he would never put them through all that hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I wouldnt be that surprised if it still goes on, but more discreetly. There have been rumours about certain more recent bands (5 Seconds Of Summer being one).

As I've said before, it would be surprising if there are many artists, male or female, gay or straight, who are completely 100% innocent in that area.

Reactions: 2
Isn’t it sad that the other members Lostprophets were only able to acknowledge how bad IW’s behaviour was around young girls now they’re fathers themselves? Seems they weren’t that bothered about other people’s daughters.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Probably already been said but right now the biggest mystery in Showbiz for me is why the feck is Adele so popular? Ok, maybe it’s just me, but all I hear is a woman screaming in a really annoying mannered style, a stream of miserable, whiney ballads that all sound pretty much the same.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
Oh I think Michael was a pedophile as well. I’m amazed his music still gets played to be honest. What makes him any different to Gary Glitter in that respect?
I also think it’s because Michael has the support from the black community. I was listening to a podcast hosted by two black Americans and they skirted around the issue but the general takeaway was that his music was good, he did a lot for the black community and they don’t want to throw out one of their own - especially as it was never proved by a court. Not saying that I agree with their stance.

Reactions: 10
Probably already been said but right now the biggest mystery in Showbiz for me is why the feck is Adele so popular? Ok, maybe it’s just me, but all I hear is a woman screaming in a really annoying mannered style, a stream of miserable, whiney ballads that all sound pretty much the same.
Agreed. Emperor's New clothes spring to mind. I just don't get it🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I also think it’s because Michael has the support from the black community. I was listening to a podcast hosted by two black Americans and they skirted around the issue but the general takeaway was that his music was good, he did a lot for the black community and they don’t want to throw out one of their own - especially as it was never proved by a court. Not saying that I agree with their stance.
I think you have a point there. But equally I’ve seen fans of all races defend absolutely every bizarre/questionable thing he ever did, like he was some sort of precious otherworldly creature incapable of doing wrong.

I saw a clip of the Martin Bashir interview he did where he was holding and feeding his youngest child. He looked like he’d never held a baby before in his life, stiff and awkward. He jiggled the baby really aggressively on his lap as the baby tried to drink from a bottle (everyone with basic common sense knows that’s a weird thing to do to a baby when you’re feeding them). It made me think about what a completely bizarre upbringing his kids must have had, especially once they figured out that he wasn’t their biological father and they’d been duped.

All the comments were about what a wonderful father he was.

Reactions: 7
Paris is almost certainly MJs biological daughter, the others are more questionable, especially Blanket.

Reactions: 1
He was obviously ashamed of his African American heritage though. He bleached his skin white and had extensive plastic surgery to alter his features and look more Caucasian.

Reactions: 4
Mixed race kids can look anything from entirely white to entirely black or anything in between. And her hair is very like Michael's was when he was younger.
Maybe if one parent was mixed and one parent white they may look a bit like Paris ( but the blue eyes?) That girl is fully white! Michael was deluded, as are all his fans. The more interesting thing is why their mother married him and then left her two children there with an alleged paedophile. Surely money can't be the only answer?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.