Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are so many, aren't there? Big and small ones such as:

- The truth about Michael Barrymore's level of involvement/knowledge in the Stuart Lubbock case

- Was Kurt Cobain death's suicide or murder

- What exactly was going on in Marilyn Monroe's life at the time of her death

- The Natalie Wood murder

- Solange attacking Jay-Z in the lift

- The truth about Holly Willoughby's marriage/home life (because the Daily Mail have been absolutely hinting at something for years now!)

- Which celebrity mum was it who had her children taken into care, which was all over the tabloids a few years ago

- The honest truth about Jussie Smollet's "attack" which is now being treated like it never happened since the rise of Black Lives Matter

- Various celebrities and the potential they are indulging in gender selection when they have their babies and all the older celeb mums who have twins

and so and so on. Add yours to the list!

Reactions: 69
How Barrymore became popular is a pretty big mystery.
I thought he was hilarious because I was a kid at the time he was all over TV but when I look back on it older and wiser it does leave me baffled. All very dated end-of-pier stuff and too much of a mean streak as well even for the time.

I feel really sorry for Stuart's parents. Barrymore still uses the man's death for sympathy every now and then.

Reactions: 43
The celebrity that had her kids removed was in Heartbeat Tricia Penrose,I believe she admitted it was her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
The disappearance of Richey Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers. I'm a huge Manics fan and I remember so clearly the day I found out he'd gone missing. I was completely devastated for months. For a long time I thought he must be dead but these days I hold out some hope that he managed to make a new life for himself and he's out there somewhere and happy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 139
Did Phillip schofield wake up one day in his 50’s and decide he was gay or did he always know. And why he came out when he did.

• Haha
Reactions: 88
Did Phillip schofield wake up one day in his 50’s and decide he was gay or did he always know. And why he came out when he did.
He's been well known to be gay for probably 30+ years.

As for the things the OP mentioned, my thoughts (and that's all they are):

- The truth about Michael Barrymore's level of involvement/knowledge in the Stuart Lubbock case
I certainly don't think Barrymore killed him. Probably was so out of it he didn't know what was going on and then didn't really care too much when he found out.

- Was Kurt Cobain death's suicide or murder
I think suicide, he'd been writing about suicide and depression since he was like 14, and had previously tried to kill himself before. And Courtney does come across as having actually cared about him. Her bandmate Kristen Pffaf's death was more dodgy than Kurt's.

- What exactly was going on in Marilyn Monroe's life at the time of her death
She was definitely into a fair amount of drugs. I do think there is a decent chance she was murdered, but exactly who by is probably not knowable now. I usually tend to lean away from "it was the CIA!" though. The Mafia is certainly possible.

- The Natalie Wood murder
Good luck proving who did it.

- Solange attacking Jay-Z in the lift
General theory is that he was cheating on Beyonce, but I know there are a few other rumours about that.

- The truth about Holly Willoughby's marriage/home life (because the Daily Mail have been absolutely hinting at something for years now!)
I think they both cheat. I do also think there is some amount of truth in the rumours about her and Fearne Cotton having had sex with either each other or each other's husbands (or both).

- Which celebrity mum was it who had her children taken into care, which was all over the tabloids a few years ago
This has already been answered above. I know a lot of people guessed it was Katie Price or Kerry Katona at the time though.

- The honest truth about Jussie Smollet's "attack" which is now being treated like it never happened since the rise of Black Lives Matter
He supposedly met one of the "attackers" on grindr. But I've not seen anything else about that.

- Various celebrities and the potential they are indulging in gender selection when they have their babies and all the older celeb mums who have twins
IVF does increase the chance of multiple babies. Gender selection I think is less likely, but it's one of those things that I for sure think goes on.

Reactions: 20
Why Will Young suddenly decided to pull out of Strictly?

Who was the celebrity that Jordan North replaced on IAC after they pulled out at the last minute?

How Rita Ora manages to get so many high profile gigs like The Masked Singer, The Voice Australia etc when she was never really that successful as a pop star.? She must have some serious dirt on a lot of people.

If Ant McPartlin really had an affair with Amanda Holden.

Reactions: 66
The disappearance of Richey Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers. I'm a huge Manics fan and I remember so clearly the day I found out he'd gone missing. I was completely devastated for months. For a long time I thought he must be dead but these days I hold out some hope that he managed to make a new life for himself and he's out there somewhere and happy.
I just love the fact the Manics still give him songwriting credits after all these years. Still gutted over him though.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
How does Antony cotton stay in Corrie when he can’t act and is known to be an obnoxious person who doesn’t get on with a lot of the cast. I’m guessing he has dirt or is cosy with someone high up.

Who was the celebrity that Jordan North replaced on IAC after they pulled out at the last minute?

How Rita Ora manages to get so many high profile gigs like The Masked Singer, The Voice Australia etc when she was never really that successful as a pop star.? She must have some serious dirt on a lot of people.

Will - was apparently having mental health issues and the spat with CRH may of been the last straw.

rita ora - the covidiot shouldn’t be getting any more work anymore she was selfish and ignorant

Last edited:
Reactions: 59
He was a serious self harmer I knew someone who worked at a recording studio the maniacs used and he would sit at the dining table carving his arms up, I think it was documented he had mental health issues.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I just love the fact the Manics still give him songwriting credits after all these years. Still gutted over him though.
In this particular case its quite sweet, but it does underline that songwriting credits are largely fictional. I suspect they would argue that he's still an influence on them, or something anyway.

Reactions: 12
Richie. 💕 It still pains me to think about him.

Although it's been discussed over and over, Madeline McCann and the several answered questions.

Who killed Tupac and Biggie? The conspiracy behind the death of Eazy E (and was Suge Knight really responsible).

• Heart
Reactions: 39

The celebrity Jordan birth replaced was the rapper/artist naughty boy

Reactions: 7
I still hold out hope that he is happy somewhere 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 24
In this particular case its quite sweet, but it does underline that songwriting credits are largely fictional. I suspect they would argue that he's still an influence on them, or something anyway.
I'm pretty sure they only give him songwriting credit when they are using lyrics he left behind, as with the "Journal For Plague Lovers" album. Otherwise the songs are just credited to the remaining three. I just checked "Lifeblood", for example, and the songs are credited to Jones/Bradfield/Moore. (Apologies if I am derailing but felt I had to uphold the Manics' honour in providing truthful songwriting credits!)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.