Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Slaybutter

VIP Member
Same with Kpop fans. My sister’s absolutely obsessed with all these Korean bands it concerns me sometimes. She posted this on Instagram recently because one of the members is ill. View attachment 1529617 It’s crazy how obsessed people get with these celebrities, saying they saved them because they wrote a song they related too and spend every spare penny on mercy for them. Kpop bands are literally manufactured to sell merch. Every time a new album comes out that is easily streamable people rush to buy them on CD because they come with photo cards and some posters, which usually comes to £20-30. When I was younger I’d just cut out posters from magazines or print out pictures but it all has to be official merch that is ridiculously overpriced and none will care about in a few years.
Oh god, I cringe. These days they can YouTube how to make merch themselves.

Ensay

VIP Member
First of all, do you see how it’s deemed perfectly acceptable for you to call me out on this but when I do it on racism ‘I have a chip on my shoulder’ ?

Second of all, it’s not my intention to be offensive or get it wrong but this community has changed its name to be more inclusive and quite frankly I can never remember exactly what it’s called. So yes, you are reading too much into it. I’m not homophonic. I have no issues with this community. I just can’t remember it’s exact name and it would be more rude if I wrote it incorrectly no?
I didn’t call you out on anything to do with the Notting Hill stuff? It’s not my argument to be honest as I’ve never lived in London or been to the carnival so I don’t know much about it. I did read what you said though and had no issue as you know a lot more about it than me.

I’m just used to people being a bit shitty about pride on here hence why I asked you. No harm done.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
My mind was blown when I found out it was actually an anti war song

Also a french guy told me that the french don’t see it as an Xmas song and they’ll play it on the radio in the summer lmfao
I lived in Belgium and would often hear Last Christmas on the radio throughout the year.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I feel like there are solutions that can be tried before moving the festival to another location or day as seems to be suggested by a few articles

From reports of people who went it’s actually pleasant before 7PM. I think it’s sort of expected for things to go south once it starts getting dark

The people living there will always be upset that there’s a day where the street is taken over by a wild crowd of people. You won’t ever satisfy them. Shops will always spend time and money boarding up their fronts just in case because again… it’s a large crowd of people passing. I wouldn’t be surprised if a similar thing happens during football games in places where a higher footfall is expected afterward

Lalla

VIP Member
According to my colleagues, one recently inherited a share of £850k from a grandparent and the family paid no IHT, another inherited £1.1m and paid £25k tax. I'm sure the spousal benefits applied but even so not sure how they did it, however they were pretty open about it. Trusts maybe? Who knows 🤷‍♀️

Ensay

VIP Member
For me, it's the fact sizes are so wildly different - sometimes within shops themselves - but mostly across shops. Primark are almost always smaller than most, Fat Face is almost always the opposite - their clothes drown you.

I've got two t-shirts from M&S that are the exact same size and fit (the only difference is colour) yet one is definitely smaller than the other. Not much quality control going on in most clothes production it seems!

I’ve actually had the opposite with primark clothes, sometimes I find actually find them to be too big and have had to buy a smaller size. I think the sizing can be wildly off on certain items, but not always in that they make them too small
I find their hoodies and casual shirts on the small side, but their t-shirts tend to be oversized. It's a bit of a lottery.

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
When many people on a thread take your words the wrong way. You have to wonder if its in fact you and not everyone else.

I don't think its what you say but the way you say it.

Anyway I will leave you to it. as its no concern of mine 🤣
You, or others always say that. So essentially I’m wrong because I don’t believe the same as everybody else? Is that not the beauty of life. We all think and feel different things. The world would be an incredibly boring place if we all thought the same.

Not sure how you interpret the way I say things, considering you are reading and I’m not speaking to you. Possibly it’s the way you opt to interpret the things I am writing. Up to you either way.

Rxt156

VIP Member
I thought if you weren't watching right now you wouldn't get the joke and it would look like I was just insulting you 🤣 🤣

One of the people getting married, his Mum just called him a knobhead.
Bahahah!!!! Ok ok i forgive you 😛 I forgot it was on so I’m on yesterdays ep 😤

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I hated Sundays on the continent for that very reason.Not much fun if you live alone
That’s interesting because I lived alone and still preferred it. I think I mostly just liked how relaxed everyone was. I don’t get that feeling in the UK but it could have just been my area.

Out of interest, what do you do on Sundays now that you don’t live there?

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Of course it’s boring to you, a white women who is not effected by race issues. Is it so hard to believe that I can quite obviously see them, as a non white women?
‘Chip on my shoulder’ so you’re pushing it back on to me, and it’s not systematic racism?

You Betty, no matter how much you deny it or tell me where you’ve lived or your grandparents are immigrants or you have black friends, are a racist.
Whatever helps you sleep at night pet.

I’ll await your examples of my apparent “racist views”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Merpedy

VIP Member
I don't really know how prom in the US actually works given that my idea of it is from movies but I doubt they associate it with a school disco so it works for them

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I am going to make a bold and general statement saying that the average home owner/resident in Notting Hill takes so much from this country in other ways that they can survive 2/3 days of noise and people without it being a problem. If they are bothered by the masses having fun they can go to their Cotswolds cottage or the family home in kent, I’ll pray they survive the hassle
Yeahhhhh because that’s the demographic of those who live in the area?!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly. Why buy a house in Notting Hill if the carnival offends you so much? It’s not like people who live there don’t have a choice. It’s not a poor area. I’m going to assume people on this thread have no idea about the area and have just watched a bit of bbc news and seen people of colour having enjoyment and thought no I don’t like that one bit.
Assumptions just make an ASS out of YOU