Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ensay

VIP Member
You can make a gift tax free, you just have to live for 7 years after it's made.

UO: Taxing the rich even more isn't the issue. It's the squandering of taxpayer funds without any accountability. £100k on flags. £26k on stickers in london alone. £500million + on advertising for the covid vaccines.

Also there's nothing to stop people buying gold and giving that away without drawing attention to yourself.
I'd be careful trying to get around inheritance tax by buying gold and gifting it. The problem comes when trying to do anything with that money.

All financial services providers are obliged to carry out 'know your customer' checks to reduce crimes like money laundering, fraud, etc. One of those checks is asking customers the source of their wealth. If you lie, that's fraud, and if you tell the truth (i.e. I was gifted this by X) they'll start digging.

Gidget00_

VIP Member
Same with Kpop fans. My sister’s absolutely obsessed with all these Korean bands it concerns me sometimes. She posted this on Instagram recently because one of the members is ill. View attachment 1529617 It’s crazy how obsessed people get with these celebrities, saying they saved them because they wrote a song they related too and spend every spare penny on mercy for them. Kpop bands are literally manufactured to sell merch. Every time a new album comes out that is easily streamable people rush to buy them on CD because they come with photo cards and some posters, which usually comes to £20-30. When I was younger I’d just cut out posters from magazines or print out pictures but it all has to be official merch that is ridiculously overpriced and none will care about in a few years.
I’m assuming your sister is a child or young teenager? 😂

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I’m not being rude but I’m not getting into debates or heated exchanges about it. I just don’t have the space for it today - fwiw I wasn’t saying it to share my unpopular opinion but as a response to someone who was attempting to speak on behalf of everyone else who also believes the earth is flat.
i apologise for the flippancy of my earlier reply to you in that case 🤦🏼‍♀️

Rubyroo160

I am going to make a bold and general statement saying that the average home owner/resident in Notting Hill takes so much from this country in other ways that they can survive 2/3 days of noise and people without it being a problem. If they are bothered by the masses having fun they can go to their Cotswolds cottage or the family home in kent, I’ll pray they survive the hassle
What do they take from the country in other ways?

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Pride month is different to Pride marches. The marches are held all over the summer so that people have the chance to attend them.

Sorry I have to get involved when people start getting things wrong about pride. Not even sure what's meant by "the LGBT ... community" either. Like why the dots? Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
First of all, do you see how it’s deemed perfectly acceptable for you to call me out on this but when I do it on racism ‘I have a chip on my shoulder’ ?

Second of all, it’s not my intention to be offensive or get it wrong but this community has changed its name to be more inclusive and quite frankly I can never remember exactly what it’s called. So yes, you are reading too much into it. I’m not homophonic. I have no issues with this community. I just can’t remember it’s exact name and it would be more rude if I wrote it incorrectly no?

Tui

VIP Member
I really like Hamilton’s casting. People who diehard insist on things being done the way they’ve always been done can be a bit boring.
I love it too, America’s history portrayed by modern day Americans. The casting adds meaning to the story and is all the richer for it. But Steve Toussaint is playing a character who is Valyrian. They are inbred as fuck due to their self perceived racial superiority and preference for incest to maintain their blood line, whilst other Valyrians are pale with white hair and violet eyes and George RR Martin and the TV show goes on about this frequently. Yes it’s fantasy, but what’s the point in using books as source material if you’re going to ignore the basic aspects of the characters beliefs and motivations.

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
I’ve never considered the earth being flat but genuinely interested to hear why somebody might believe it, just out of interest 😊