Unpopular Opinions #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My son had a toy Dyson because he bizarrely loved the hoover 🤣 used to scream to get it off me
My son (30+) loves vacuuming. When he lived at home I used to get fed up hearing him get the vacuum out. Also when he was little I bought him a tea set he wanted. He was an only child. I can remember my mother frowning and trying not to express her disapproval. 😆 His wife finds it both amusing and helpful he is so house trained.

Reactions: 14
Probably not an unpopular opinion but what the hell is up with food prices just now???

The 5 a day, healthy and organic is most definitely not the menu in my house 🤣

Did you know can get 28 fish fingers for £2 in Iceland 🙌

My son (30+) loves vacuuming. When he lived at home I used to get fed up hearing him get the vacuum out. Also when he was little I bought him a tea set he wanted. He was an only child. I can remember my mother frowning and trying not to express her disapproval. 😆 His wife finds it both amusing and helpful he is so house trained.
If he divorces can I have him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Probably not an unpopular opinion but what the hell is up with food prices just now???

If he divorces can I have him 🤣
Have you tried plant based fish type fingers though? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1

At that price I dread to think what's in them. I wonder if they've even seen a fish.

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure if this is an UO on here but it definitely is in my work when a group of us were discussing it earlier.

The women who got conned on tinder swindler are absolute idiots and I have no sympathy for them at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m not sure if this is an UO on here but it definitely is in my work when a group of us were discussing it earlier.

The women who got conned on tinder swindler are absolute idiots and I have no sympathy for them at all.
Agree with this!! Although lots of people don’t agree with us 🤣

They are very stupid, I imagine they were caught up in the moment but they’re soooo naive for letting him use their credit cards😐.
It’s bad enough the first woman went on a private jet with a stranger after knowing him all of 5 minutes. Ridiculous. Anything for the luxury lifestyle

Reactions: 12

I've not watched it yet but seems a but naive or maybe I'm just so tight with money 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes it didn't paint them in the greatest light, being so impressed by his so called jet set lifestyle. His messages were so cold too. Just a little jumped up squirt but the women need to look at themselves and take responsibility for the £ signs in their eyes.

I believe a kitchen is gender-neutral. This is why so many men think the kitchen is where women belong 🤣
Hah! Neither of my sons will be allowed to form that opinion anyway! I suppose our main reason for not getting him one is that it’s no novelty when he goes to my sister’s house then. And I think he has too much I can’t fit all the stuff he has in the playroom and I can’t see half of it with the clutter I did a big clearout after Christmas and put half it up in the loft and it’s still a mess.

Yes it didn't paint them in the greatest light, being so impressed by his so called jet set lifestyle. His messages were so cold too. Just a little jumped up squirt but the women need to look at themselves and take responsibility for the £ signs in their eyes.
We would all love a luxury lifestyle but reality is unless you come from money, inherit, win the lottery, create some multi million pound business or are really that lucky you meet someone who's wealthy then it's not going to happen.

I'll never understand peoplewaiting around for someone to change their lives. You want a luxury lifestyle, get off tinder and start making money then 😆🤣

My forever single friend who's bo home to call her own moqns about her dead end job and not having to her own house but it's her fault she partied her vest years away trying to find 'a rich man' not realising these men can spot a leech and can buy company so its best to just make your own money.

Everyone wants an easy way out and 9 times out 10 it won't happen

We would all love a luxury lifestyle but reality is unless you come from money, inherit, win the lottery, create some multi million pound business or are really that lucky you meet someone who's wealthy then it's not going to happen.

I'll never understand peoplewaiting around for someone to change their lives. You want a luxury lifestyle, get off tinder and start making money then 😆🤣

My forever single friend who's bo home to call her own moqns about her dead end job and not having to her own house but it's her fault she partied her vest years away trying to find 'a rich man' not realising these men can spot a leech and can buy company so its best to just make your own money.

Everyone wants an easy way out and 9 times out 10 it won't happen

I swear I can spell in real life 🤣

Reactions: 9
Here’s a really unpopular opinion and very “not trendy” but I’m going to say it because it’s a safe space here - I firmly believe that little boys should not have long hair and be dressed in girly clothes. I know, I know, it’s horribly old fashioned of me. I have 2 boys. They will not wear pink/rainbows/unicorns/sparkles and they won’t have long hair until they are teenagers and I will have no control over them anymore 🤣 it’s definitely not one I could express in public or I would be savaged. But I think that this “non binary” stuff is a load of crap. I know I said that farther up the thread already.

Also and as I think of it - Rihanna needs to put her bump away. Pregnant bellies are not sexy even on knickers models.

Those a two very unpopular opinions. If this was a comp that would win 🤣

I don’t agree with either. I actually love the non binary stuff. I think it’s progressive and a result of diversity finally being accepted. Little boys with long hair and skirts rock.

Reactions: 8
The way I see it is parents should let their children play with the toys they choose. A lot of children seem to choose a mix of stereotypically male/female toys.

My nephew has a little kitchen set that probably would seem like a girls' toy to a lot of people, but he also really loves cars and train sets. I think it'd be really crappy to take away his kitchen set for fear that it seems "girly".

• Heart
Reactions: 25
My sister had a train set and loved it , and we both played scalextric too. Brill ! 😃😃

People so concerned about children playing with “gender” appropriate toys. How bout just trying to make sure your kids don’t turn into little chuckies

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was thinking today (after seeing a FB friend, who makes liking roast dinners a personality trait, post a selfie in a Toby bloody Carvery) that roast dinners are the most overrated meal EVER. Takes a ton of work, juggling prep, multiple dishes and timings… and leaves you feeling bloated and gross. Yes, a roast potato is a thing of beauty but I actually loathe cooking roasts and hardly ever make them.

I was thinking today (after seeing a FB friend, who makes liking roast dinners a personality trait, post a selfie in a Toby bloody Carvery) that roast dinners are the most overrated meal EVER. Takes a ton of work, juggling prep, multiple dishes and timings… and leaves you feeling bloated and gross. Yes, a roast potato is a thing of beauty but I actually loathe cooking roasts and hardly ever make them.
We only eat them now at the Carvery, but we love them

I find it utterly bizarre that anyone is still seeing toys as gendered - do these people still think women belong in the kitchen and men at work?
Is parenting or fashion & design just for girls? Do only men drive or become doctors? Are there no women architects or engineers? Can men not cut hair, apply make-up, bake?? It blows my mind that anyone can think there are toys that should be for one gender and could encourage negative characteristics in the other. Like honesty, unless using the toy is dependant on having a penis or vagina, which they’re not, who is still going along with this shite? Blows my mind this!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.