Unpopular Opinions #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unpopular among my friends it seems: I hate marijuana, I think it stinks and is not "harmless". It might help some people medically but otherwise there is no reason to take it, you look like an idiot

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I always find hardcore weed smokers very pretentious annoying people. Especially when you get to their favourite topic - Weed.

Reactions: 44
I always find hardcore weed smokers very pretentious annoying people. Especially when you get to their favourite topic - Weed.
I knew a guy who constantly insisted it was completely harmless and it's only restricted/criminalised because of racism. But magically, when he was unemployed and couldn't afford weed, his mental health miraculously improved - and then plummeted again when he got a job

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I knew a guy who constantly insisted it was completely harmless and it's only restricted/criminalised because of racism. But magically, when he was unemployed and couldn't afford weed, his mental health miraculously improved - and then plummeted again when he got a job
Smoking weed makes you feel OK with being lazy, complacent, and with sitting doing nothing. And that never leads to a good mental health. Wouldn't say weed is worse than alcohol though, but what drugs are really harmless? Don't think there are any

Reactions: 23
Unpopular among my friends it seems: I hate marijuana, I think it stinks and is not "harmless". It might help some people medically but otherwise there is no reason to take it, you look like an idiot
I rather hate the hard core can't live without it sort. I used to smoke it when I was at uni. It actually really helped me with sleeping and not over thinking BUT this wasn't a constant thing and back then the weed was so bad you had to pick out all the bits and you could smoke a whole joint on your own.
Now I'd be too scared to touch the stuff the way they grow it these days are so different

Reactions: 6
I’m not against weed per se, I’ve been partial to the odd joint tbf. I think it is the lesser of a lot of evils out there but most hardcore weed smokers I know who make it a personality trait are very boring, lazy people.

I think alcohol is disgusting, I hate how it is glorified too with all the nick nacks you could buy that declare one’s love for the stuff. Imagine being able to buy a cushion or key ring that declares one’s love for crack or heroin - because Alcohol can duck one’s life and body up as much as those! People who make drinking a personality trait are the worst!! No one cares how much you like gin. Alcohol tastes vile too - do people pretend to like it?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Never understood the hate about pineapple on pizza. IMO it’s delicious!
Oh and Stars Wars are absolute shite!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
The mood swings and potential drug-induced psychosis from weed is a big noooope. It gets written off too easily as a risk-free drug.

Alcohol - binge drinking is normalised in our culture and its a massive issue. I dont think people realise theyre actually alcohol dependent, or just how much they rely on it.

Reactions: 28
If you post an item on Facebook marketplace, do not post it on your timeline. I don't want to see endless baby jackets for £5, used ironing boards or bedding for a few quid.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
i actually hate the way people are so blatant about it now!
When i was young many moons ago people who used to smoke it were at least slightly discreet about it ...now every where you go you can smell it!
.one Halloween i was walking back from work..my road which is popular for trick or treating attracts both local and people from all over the smell of marijuana stunk out the whole road (parents smoking it whilst kids knocking at doors) ..i mean surely theres a place and whilst out with your kids is a no no !
Every builders van that drives past also reeks of it ..these people are driving about stoned no matter what time of day. do they not realise or care that they are as bad as a drink driver?
I'm no puritan having once been young and had a funny fag or two but now its become just too acceptable and is not as harmless as people think !

Reactions: 13
It makes me wonder about those names specifically. E.g. "Alfie" and "Molly" are considered dog names. They're diminutives; OK, so why isn't Tom or Steve or Vicky considered a "dog name"? If it's because they sound a certain way, why isn't Hayley a "dog name?" It just makes no logical sense to me
I have a friend with a cat called Karen and I had a rabbit called Steve 😄

• Haha
I have a friend with a cat called Karen and I had a rabbit called Steve 😄
Every cat that my gran ever owned, was named Peter. Even the females. No-one really knows why, but one of her daughters (my aunt) liked the name so much, that she gave it to her son. He always moans that he was "named after a bloody cat" 😂

• Haha
Regular weed smoker here ✌ people are afraid to talk tit about weed because they want it to be legalised.
It comes with its pros and cons, as does everything else. I smoke it at home, the only people who have to endure the smell are the people who visit my house.
I think I am discreet about it, I can say I have never argued/fought with someone when I was whacked and personally I would replace our alcohol culture with weed any day of the week.
We would all just get hungry and giggle, eat some food and then fall asleep. No argument, no sleeping with your ex, no hangover☮

Microwaves freak me out, especially microwaving food in a plastic container. I don't know why haha maybe that's the paranoia acting up but I just don't trust them 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Regular weed smoker here ✌ people are afraid to talk tit about weed because they want it to be legalised.
It comes with its pros and cons, as does everything else. I smoke it at home, the only people who have to endure the smell are the people who visit my house.
I think I am discreet about it, I can say I have never argued/fought with someone when I was whacked and personally I would replace our alcohol culture with weed any day of the week.
We would all just get hungry and giggle, eat some food and then fall asleep. No argument, no sleeping with your ex, no hangover☮

Microwaves freak me out, especially microwaving food in a plastic container. I don't know why haha maybe that's the paranoia acting up but I just don't trust them 😑
Whereas I've seen my house smashed up and the self-harm after the mood swings of weed/not having it 😖 its like when people say you shouldnt drink on a bad day; same could be said for those with poor mental health and smoking. Higher risk of negative reactions to it. To any drug.

Find myself agreeing with Laurence Fox 😐
You poor thing x

Reactions: 10
You poor thing x
Like it or not, his comments on gender are on the money. As are his comments about covid restrictions, I also didn’t know he buried his mother mid pandemic parties.

he’s still a bleeping gobshite but even a broken clock is correct twice a day. 😕

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.