Unpopular Opinions #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe how many thick people there are who confused Boris’ ‘only travel to work if essential’ ie work from home if you could, message with ‘only work if it’s essential’. Cue all the posters on Mumsnet, FB, etc snarking that so-and-so’s not a key worker so what are they playing at still working. It was news to them that working in general wasn’t actually banned! I don’t know anyone personally who had to stop working during the duration of any lockdown.
Which leads me on to my UO: I’m not bothered about the Tory Christmas parties. Some people are really angry about it, but those cunts all work together anyway so makes no difference to me if they did a couple of extra hours for a get-together. Can’t get wound up about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
those cunts all work together anyway so makes no difference to me if they did a couple of extra hours for a get-together. Can’t get wound up about it.
It does make a difference to you though. And it doesn’t matter if they work together or not - large gatherings were effectively banned at that time. People were only supposed to mix in bubbles.

And as to why it makes a difference; if they are happy to flout simple rules such as not having a party, then what else do you think they are willing to disregard?

Next time it might just be something you “give a tit about” but because everyone was so complacent the first time they pushed the boundaries, it’ll be too late.

Having a political class who “do as I say and not as I do” is crappy and pretty insidious, for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
It does make a difference to you though. And it doesn’t matter if they work together or not - large gatherings were effectively banned at that time. People were only supposed to mix in bubbles.

And as to why it makes a difference; if they are happy to flout simple rules such as not having a party, then what else do you think they are willing to disregard?

Next time it might just be something you “give a tit about” but because everyone was so complacent the first time they pushed the boundaries, it’ll be too late.

Having a political class who “do as I say and not as I do” is crappy and pretty insidious, for everyone.
It is tit. But on this particular point, I don't care. So it doesn't make a difference to me. I assume they were in their working bubbles.
I've seen many people angry saying they missed funerals of loved ones, couldn't visit their grans in care homes etc. But we all had to bear those things regardless of whether those twats had wine or whatever else after 'clocking off'.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s pointless for people to say ‘I couldn’t see X or do XYZ while Boris partied’ because there had been people breaking the rules since day 1 of the pandemic. Do what you need to do to get through it.

Reactions: 13
UO - bored of people still talking tit about covid on a thread where mods asked for covid tit to be discussed on covid threads 😴

UO this thread is good when it’s not about Covid (or Fig Rolls and cannibalism)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Unpopular opinion.

I don't give a duck about people whining on for Christmas/Covid/Restriction/Ruination.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think people are missing the point as to WHY the public is angry,
We saw people being approached by the police for sitting on a park bench drinking coffee,
Families who were told they couldn’t travel to spend Christmas together, people who were forced to be alone because there was no other option,
All because you were protecting the NHS….

meanwhile Matt Hand-cock was getting his leg over - not his wife.
And Boris, Gavo and co were swapping secret Santa gifts and (as per video evidence) laughing about it.

UO - bored of people still talking tit about covid on a thread where mods asked for covid tit to be discussed on covid threads 😴

the topics change and vary!!!
Why are people so bleeping triggered because it’s not about biscuits and knickers all the time 🤦🏻‍♀️ Just scroll past!

the user gave their opinion about something dominating the news, not a discussion on vaccines or restrictions etc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I think people are missing the point as to WHY the public is angry,
We saw people being approached by the police for sitting on a park bench drinking coffee,
Families who were told they couldn’t travel to spend Christmas together, people who were forced to be alone because there was no other option,
All because you were protecting the NHS….

meanwhile Matt Hand-cock was getting his leg over - not his wife.
And Boris, Gavo and co were swapping secret Santa gifts and (as per video evidence) laughing about it.

the topics change and vary!!!
Why are people so bleeping triggered because it’s not about biscuits and knickers all the time 🤦🏻‍♀️ Just scroll past!
LOL it was you that asked to keep covid talk to covid threads on the first post of the previous thread

53CD8C17-AFFA-48B0-8588-57738B45A6F8.png

Awkward 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
LOL it was you that asked to keep covid talk to covid threads on the first post of the previous thread

View attachment 920629

Awkward 😂
Not awkward at all,
if you remember there was a very heated conversation at the latter part of the previous thread around vaccinations which lead to many users arguing and personally attacking each other, and many, many reports and posts needing to be removed,

this is a conversation about Christmas parties in Downing Street. 🙄

sometimes staff members know when it’s best to stop a fire before it really ignites.

anyway, moving on, you wanted to talk about fig rolls again? Go for it? Oh hold on, you don’t like that either 😂

Gosh you’re a tough audience 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm more bothered if they shut hospitality and leisure venues than if they don't open the schools again. Sorry kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’ve got one. It’s not covid related.

I think people who are older than mid twenties should be banned from TikTok. People who mime/dance out of time to some tit choon on TikTok are a total embarrassment and should get in the bin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

I think people who are older than mid twenties should be banned from TikTok. People who mime/dance out of time to some tit choon on TikTok are a total embarrassment and should get in the bin.
Agreed. God, it looks pathetic

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Who was talking about Covid? 😂😂

I don’t have tiktok but they always upload the videos to their Instagram - I hate scrolling through random videos and getting those young girls doing the tiktok dancings come up where they are wearing booty shorts and an ill supporting vest top, jiggling about to sexual moves. Makes me cringe.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.