Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm studying abroad then going to Switzerland without quarantining contrary to 'stay at home' advice during a pandemic.
but how intuitively can you understand languages you don't speak?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Not to derail this thread as it’s about Jade, but Ben Shapiro is a far right American commentator. He’s bigoted in every sense of the word. His only direct experience with the British media ended with him storming off and calling Andrew Neil (his interviewer) a leftist. Anyone Ben likes gets side eye at the very least from me

anyways back to Jade I know they were gifted but is this girl serious?! Her earrings are herself and she’s wearing them unironically. She’s beyond parodyView attachment 622472
I've never seen her play ukulele. Since when is it her "thing" lol

Reactions: 17
I've never seen her play ukulele. Since when is it her "thing" lol
remember she made a big deal about packing it to take with her despite only having one small case for howver long she was away?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Not really, no growth though. (and the weekly +1k seems a bit suspicious, buying subscribers? Or does social blade just only count up in thousands, and so waits until she's got 1000 more?)

Social Blade only counts up in thousands now since YouTube changed the way they calculate and show subs. She might have only gained one follower that day, but if it takes her subs from 571,999 to 572,000, YouTube counts it as a thousand subs gained.

Reactions: 11
Social Blade only counts up in thousands now since YouTube changed the way they calculate and show subs. She might have only gained one follower that day, but if it takes her subs from 571,999 to 572,000, YouTube counts it as a thousand subs gained.
Ah okay! I think I had read that before. Good. Glad to know its not that she's buying subs!

Our nature gahl learned german in one month thanks to her sponsorship and her intuitive dutch understanding 👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 44
it cracked me up when she said "I love business" in the german speaking part of the video :D

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The last part of the video where she speaks German has a jump cut every 10 seconds and there's even jump cuts in the middle of her sentences. There's nothing wrong with being at the learning stage but I think she wants to make her progress seem more impressive. But with all those cuts it's pretty obvious she is stopping to refer to her notes and/or re-doing it over and over again until she gets it right and it's unlikely that's an accurate representation of her actual proficiency level. As she likes to say herself, don't believe everything you see on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
"I chose the platform Lingoda because my friend at university bla bla bla"
no you chose it because they offered to sponsor you lmao (I mean okay she says she chose them but still)

edit: I am also really confused why the teacher apparently corrected "Ich bin Jade"? That's a perfectly fine and correct sentence? "Ich heiße Jade" may be a bit more formal but it's the exact same as saying "I'm Jade" instead of "My name is Jade" - both are fine?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
edit: I am also really confused why the teacher apparently corrected "Ich bin Jade"? That's a perfectly fine and correct sentence? "Ich heiße Jade" may be a bit more formal but it's the exact same as saying "I'm Jade" instead of "My name is Jade" - both are fine?
I noticed that a lot of language learning has you learn the 'formal' way over the 'casual' way of speaking, even though you're probably more likely to use the casual way more
It's totally possible that that's the reason she was corrected

Plus, there's the possibility that formality is really important in the language (not sure in German, but I imagine it's polite anyway) so you're expected to have a more formal way of speaking to strangers (unless they're your age)

"I chose the platform Lingoda because my friend at university bla bla bla"
no you chose it because they offered to sponsor you lmao (I mean okay she says she chose them but still)

Yeah, I grew up speaking quite a bit of german as that's my mums native language and as far as I know it's normal to say "Ich bin" as opposed to "Ich heiße", the former being a little more casual, but I think it just comes down to personal preference

Reactions: 3
I noticed that a lot of language learning has you learn the 'formal' way over the 'casual' way of speaking, even though you're probably more likely to use the casual way more
It's totally possible that that's the reason she was corrected

Plus, there's the possibility that formality is really important in the language (not sure in German, but I imagine it's polite anyway) so you're expected to have a more formal way of speaking to strangers (unless they're your age)
Oh yeah absolutely and formality is generally more important in German than it is in English (e.g. there is a distinction between formal and informal 'you').
However, to me it's still weird in this context for the teacher to tell her it is incorrect, the teacher should have just told her it's less formal rather than saying it is incorrect altogether (which it isn't). The sentence isn't 'informal' in the sense that it is incorrect slang or anything, it's just the shorter more casual way of saying it (but honestly there isn't even much of a difference between the two in terms of formality in my opinion?) Like I said, it's pretty much like "I'm Jade" instead of "My name is Jade" in English.

This isn't a Lingoda thread, so it's whatever and maybe Jade just misunderstood but I just thought it was a strange moment because the way it came across was that the teacher incorrectly 'corrected' her

Basically
Untitled.png

And no Jade, you haven't Learned German in a month - it's so arrogant to even title a video like that. Besides she's just prepared that monologue at the end before filming and probably learned it by heart so in no way does it show her actual level of German... She's super annoying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
3 months going from beginners to advanced in such a complicated language is impossible except for someone who is exceptionally gifted at language (which is very rare) learning something as all encompassing as a language is not just about the hours you have done it is also giving your brain time to process what you are learning. I still don't get this bizarre system of getting money back if you do all your classes. None of this makes any sense, why would they let her join a unit 13 class for her first one?!
I don't know german but could the "my name is" thing be different between different germany speaking countries? either way it is pretty strange for them to define it as totally wrong (unless jade has just misunderstood I guess)

Also "kinder" that is like dutch!", maybe I am being petty but is there anyone in the english speaking world that doesn't know what kinder means? we use kindergarden pretty standardly, also to be more grim things like the kindertransport during ww2

Reactions: 19
hang on. I swear Jade originally said that this wasn’t sponsored she just chose to start the Lingoda course because she wanted to learn German for Berlin? I remember thinking “ah nice, at least she’s not just doing this for a sponsor.” I swear she said it wasn’t for a sponsor a while ago????

Reactions: 10
3 months going from beginners to advanced in such a complicated language is impossible except for someone who is exceptionally gifted at language (which is very rare)
yeah if you were totally immersed, maybe (you'd at least imrpove a lot over that time) but not from a few online classes...

I don't know german but could the "my name is" thing be different between different germany speaking countries?
not to my knowledge (and the teacher spoke standard 'high' German) if there's anyone on here who is from another German-speaking country lmk

hang on. I swear Jade originally said that this wasn’t sponsored she just chose to start the Lingoda course because she wanted to learn German for Berlin? I remember thinking “ah nice, at least she’s not just doing this for a sponsor.” I swear she said it wasn’t for a sponsor a while ago????
Yeah she said that in the video. Apparently she started on her own, then asked Lingoda if she could do a sponsored video and they agreed. I'm not sure I believe that but if it's what happened, I still really dislike her need to monetize every single aspect of her life... Like I get that being sponsored by a company you already like is great for youtubers but still, every single brand or company she mentions is an ad

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.