Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she fluent in Dutch yet? :p
She's definitely fluent in Bullshit

What's up with her insistence on alleged fluency in languages? Is this another Minerva thing to come across as metropolitan? Are Minervians the first people in the world to learn other languages, in the same way they're the first to study abroad??
I watched Katie Horan's video where she talked German all day and she is actually good? She studies abroad too (but in Spain the past few months) and learned German only through her German boyfriend. And she doesnt even claim to be fluent or speak Geman very well! :-D

• Haha
Reactions: 22
lmao why does seeing one (1) bts billboard make her feel like she's in seoul... I haven't been but I would think there is more to seoul than just bts ads?
Because she stereotypes everything!! She’s a surface level thinker… Minerva is clearly doing a good job and breeding ignorance

Reactions: 26
I miss seeing their faces everyday... parasocial attachment much? The duck

Reactions: 12
I miss seeing their faces everyday... parasocial attachment much? The duck
Disclaimer: Probs a bit OT. I always thought that kpop stans were way too attached/ had a weird relationship with the idols. We all know that Jade isn't particularly skilled at critical thinking but I think its pretty obvious that all Kpop groups are practically engineered to look/act/perform a certain way. btw I mean absolutely no hate to kpop stans, I can definitely understand why the music/groups are so appealing I just thinks its also good to keep in my mind that what you're seeing isn't very real or authentic. Also there is sometimes a facet of fetishization or 'othering' of korean people through Kpop (something Jade does seem particularly skilled at), especially when stans start shipping members of groups. I thinks its totally fine to ship fictional characters but its pretty creepy to do to actual people, especially when you know nothing about their private lives.

Reactions: 25
Disclaimer: Probs a bit OT. I always thought that kpop stans were way too attached/ had a weird relationship with the idols. We all know that Jade isn't particularly skilled at critical thinking but I think its pretty obvious that all Kpop groups are practically engineered to look/act/perform a certain way. btw I mean absolutely no hate to kpop stans, I can definitely understand why the music/groups are so appealing I just thinks its also good to keep in my mind that what you're seeing isn't very real or authentic. Also there is sometimes a facet of fetishization or 'othering' of korean people through Kpop (something Jade does seem particularly skilled at), especially when stans start shipping members of groups. I thinks its totally fine to ship fictional characters but its pretty creepy to do to actual people, especially when you know nothing about their private lives.
yeah i totally agree, i've had my own kpop phases before but jade must be one of most gullible and uncritical kpop fans i've seen... especially considering she's only known about bts for what like a year now? cringe

Reactions: 8
It's also why kpop stans are so easy to attract to your own audience, and I think most content creators (including Jade) are smart enough to realise this. This is not to say that other stans won't be attracted to someone's content if it's about/mentions their celebrity. Kpop stans generally seem to want Western validation and advertisement in particular, so are more likely to support someone if they're 'advertising' the group to their audience.

Also, the book page she shared on her IG (I assume it's her book) is a bit eh...
It's honestly the same thing I would write for those creative story/description tasks for English. It has a very familiar structure and techniques to me - 'that/the bus, all the question uses and generally a very familiar formatting.
I honestly expected her to release a colourful guide with certain learning techniques outlined and what she found useful. This seems more like a self-help sort of guide where the steps maybe aren't very clear. Plus, I don't think many hard working students could put a day, week, or however long it takes them to read books, aside like that. A clear and simple guide just makes more sense imo

Reactions: 13
I know I'm a bit late but that "advice for student writers" video is SO wishy-washy. I am a creative writing undergrad student, I will be working on a novel next year (*sans fancy publishing deal*) and graduating if all goes well. But I just thought I'd share some thoughts, ignore if they've been shared already.

First of all, if this is directed at student writers, they already 100% know all of these things because they are the textbook "tips". I know for a fact that she got a couple of these from online listicles (the "don't tell anyone you're writing a book bc you'll feel like you've already done it", "keep your writing space sacred", yada yada yada). These are the questions that Stephen King answers 1000 times over any time he does a public q&a. At first, I had some hope that Jade would be going into detail about her unique experience writing a non-fiction/self-help book. Yes, I believe that's what is known as "being a fool".

The only good tip on this list is the accountability one but even then, she has an EDITOR!! Whose JOB it is to help work on the project. A lot of students will only have a friend or classmate who has their own life to live and their own goals to worry about so they can't be on 24/7 for you.

1. It's not a relatable video in the least. She has a publishing deal. she has an insane fanbase. she MUST KNOW that she's going to sell a tit ton of copies. For christ's sake, her FIRST book is hitting bookstores and national bestseller lists. Most student writers will publish a crappy poem in a literary magazine that 7 people read, and that's hard enough. Can you spell 'out of touch'?
2. It's skin-deep. "have a routine" but she doesn't really explain why it works... is it because you're in a *cute* cafe?
3. "You're afraid of writing? Then stop being afraid!" Ok for real, I saw that she did share journaling as a tip but this could be a lot better if it were tailored to students. ie. get in touch with someone at your school from the writing department for a chat, or join a school writing group, etc. Unfortunately, the title is deceiving. It's a video for influencers.
4. "It's 'secretly productive' to watch videos of experts but you're just procrastinating" ... *skillshare ad*

It's kind of confusing to me that she's anti-hustling but harps on about "showing up" to write. I don't necessarily disagree with that tip but... I dunno. It's a bit mismatched. It would have been interesting for her to go into the details about publishing and working with editors and designing the product, etc. etc. but nope. It's a shame, this doesn't really give any unique insight whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
this could be a lot better if it were tailored to students. ie. get in touch with someone at your school from the writing department for a chat, or join a school writing group, etc. Unfortunately, the title is deceiving. It's a video for influencers.
yeah because minerva has neither (i honestly cannot comprehend how she thinks a video of her giving 'advice to student writers' makes any sense when she is neither a normal writer nor a normal student lmao)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.