Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm looking at their website and my god the course structure sounds awful. This is the structure of the first year

Lmao at history 101 not even being real, my bad. It really does sound like it could be a course though. I thought maybe she posted her classes in her sponsored notion video but I can’t recall what they are.

This syllabus sounds so dull!!! People interested in these courses must be so passionless!

So lazy that the corresponding courses (e.g. complex systems SS50 and SS51) don’t even have different descriptions. They all sound like things you’d learn on a one day work training course.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Lmao at history 101 not even being real, my bad. It really does sound like it could be a course though. I thought maybe she posted her classes in her sponsored notion video but I can’t recall what they are.

This syllabus sounds so dull!!! People interested in these courses must be so passionless! So lazy that the corresponding courses (e.g. complex systems 1 and 2) don’t even have different descriptions. They all sound like things you’d learn on a one day work training course.
if anything history 101 sounds more real than whatever "complex systems" is! totally agree it all sounds so dull, the only excitment of the course is travel

Reactions: 3
Where’s the neoliberalism 101 course 😂
How can they possibly claim they are the bastions of critical thinking when make unashamedly biased statements like that - private enterprise is the cure for social ailments? They really are laying it on thick - like we get it, you think Minerva is the cure for the 'ailing' traditional university system, at least try to be subtle about it.

Reactions: 8
How can they possibly claim they are the bastions of critical thinking when make unashamedly biased statements like that - private enterprise is the cure for social ailments? They really are laying it on thick - like we get it, you think Minerva is the cure for the 'ailing' traditional university system, at least try to be subtle about it.
didn't Jade say something somewhere about Minerva saving the world? (I am paraphrasing)

Reactions: 1
Why does she never shut up about meal prepping and act as though she invented it?

Reactions: 4
Why does she never shut up about meal prepping and act as though she invented it?
god she is so insufferable!!I don't think there is anyone in this day and age who hasn't heard of meal prep

Reactions: 2
It seems a bit weird to me that judging by her Notion setup she'll only have 3 classes this semester. Why so few? Is that all she will be doing at her "university" or are there any other magical things in the timetable?

As a history major I’m very interested to see what she would study in history 101. Normally intro courses are focused more on a particular era, even if still broad, like ‘the world since World War II’ etc. I’m going to lose it if she acts as if she’s learning a ~new~ and superior way to study history by learning how to write or analyse history. Traditional universities do this! and at some point you do need to learn about actual events that happened and not just the critical analysis component. But if that quora poster is anything to go by she’ll have to teach the actual history to herself 😂. You’re still rote learning lol just in your own time. I wonder if Minerva will tell them traditional unis just rote learn historical timelines. How can you learn about themes or concepts within an event without learning and critically examining the event itself?
Ugh yes - as someone who recently graduated with a history degree from a 'traditional' UK uni, it makes me cringe saying Jade trying to make out that we just rely on 'rote learning' and the Minerva method is superior. I totally agree with you - we learned how to critically analyse etc but you can't just do that in a vacuum, you need to look at real historical events. It's not much use just learning a bunch of theory and then never applying it.

Reactions: 10
It seems a bit weird to me that judging by her Notion setup she'll only have 3 classes this semester. Why so few? Is that all she will be doing at her "university" or are there any other magical things in the timetable?
I only have three classes a semester at my uni! I thought it was normal to have that few. We have three classes so it's like 6-9 contact hours normally, and we're set a lot of research to do outside of class and have to watch lectures outside of class so that our in class time is purely for discussion.

Reactions: 6
No WAY does the 'course explorer' say Manifest randomly at the bottom...this can't be real
It is like someone made a spoof of a university, I have mentioned nathan barley here before.. but this is what it seems like to me

I only have three classes a semester at my uni! I thought it was normal to have that few. We have three classes so it's like 6-9 contact hours normally, and we're set a lot of research to do outside of class and have to watch lectures outside of class so that our in class time is purely for discussion.
mine was slightly more than this but similar.. but then what I don't get is the fact they seem to have work over summer?

The marketing and business analysis sounds so boring. The business one you can learn in couple hours on LinkedIn learning if you really wanted to.
but without the "prestige" of a totally unknown, ridiculous online university

Reactions: 2
Target careers say that expected contact hours for a business degree in the UK is between 6 and 16 hours with the rest of the time obviously being spent on individual study. I assume she gets some sort of tutorials for the 3 modules to add up to 6 hours (assuming that lessons are 1 hour each).

Honestly, just from looking at some other uni websites it seems like most unis offer up to five modules for the first year which decreases bit by bit in the second and third.

Honestly, might just be a US thing I'm not aware of but this seems very minimal.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.