Unjaded Jade #14 she's not like other gorls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For all she talks about how minerva is amazing and so much better than other universities because they teach critical thinking, she really doesn't seem to have put any thought into either of these tiktoks

• Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2907908
View attachment 2907909

More great comments. Wonder when everyone is gonna open their eyes..
---
View attachment 2907915View attachment 2907916

News flash, Jade: not all of us need to travel in order to understand human empathy.

This coupled with the "I didn't know politics" thing..yikes. I feel like she's preaching to her younger self to "get out of your bubble." Literally not everyone is as ignorant or selfish as you lol.
She’s literally wearing a £168 Reformation top in this video (the Paola linen top). She needs to get a grip on reality

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
When people who travel say "it's so cheap" I am always suspicious of what they include in their calculations. Sure, I know how to travel very cheaply, but, I am still paying for a flat at home. So I still have to have a decent paying job. Last time I didn't have a job, I managed because I had a major bonus from my previous job, which paid for about 6 months of not working.
Then the argument could be "well, just stop your contract with your flat to reduce costs", and to that I would say "have you tried finding a flat by yourself without help from mum and dad, and without a guarantor ?"
Even for people who are in a privilieged position Jade comes off as out of touch.
I'm glad that I waited to be in the perfect job for travelling comfortably and frequently instead of putting myself in a risky situation. She is selling lies to people.
She's definitely being caught by the worst properties of Tiktok rn, that's for sure. There's a very specific subset of people who can do what she's saying to do. Like you have to: have some amount of money saved up (+extra for setting your life back up); either have a job that you can travel with or that is in a career you don't care about progression in right now; a living situation you can afford to maintain while you're not there OR that you're confident you can mostly recreate when you finish; a willingness and ability to live pretty uncomfortably; and people to act as a fallback if it goes tits up and you need a place to crash while you reintegrate.

What will have happened with that tiktok is that it will have been shown to people outside of that who find it very tonedeaf, and they will have interacted with it angrily, and then that engagement will get it shown to more people who find it tonedeaf and interact with it angrily and so on and so forth. If it was part of a regular video of hers, only seen by people who choose to see it, it would have passed generally unremarked upon except probably by us.

If there's one thing about Tiktok, it's really easy to hate monger on there. And I'm not even talking like Katie Hopkins, I'm talking ice cream sandwich lady, or that weird tradwife who is extra serene when she's doing tradwife tit, or any of those fetish-esque "cooking" videos where they combine milk and pasta and Cheetos and put it in the oven. It's depressing how easily you can game the algorithm that way. While it is slightly satisfying to see Jade taken down a peg (especially when her life seems to consist of flouncing around London when I have to do a job I find soul crushing), I do also feel for her insofar as Tiktok commenters can be very cruel.

Reactions: 5
I don’t feel sorry for her. Maybe that cruel of me, who knows? But the reality of the industry she is in is that people are free to comment on her content. It's not always going to be people who like her or agree with her. If you don't want strangers on the internet criticising your content, don't go into a job in content creation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
There’s something icky about the way she talks about “locals”. She talks like these ‘locals’ are just ready and willing to educate any gap yahs that come along, when they’re just people like you and me living their lives with no interest in entertaining dumb tourists.

I love travelling, it’s great, and you can learn a lot and it can definitely help you understand other cultures better. But the worst kind of backpackers/travellers are those that think they’re doing some kind of noble duty by travelling, and think that the local people they visit are honoured by their presence. You’re just a tourist like everyone else - just because you did voluntourism in Uganda doesn’t mean you’re now this worldly person. If anything these voluntourism things can make you even blinder to your privilege because you’re tricked into thinking you’re immersed into another culture when actually it’s just a charade put on for tourists to make them feel like they’re ~immersed~ in the culture.

The way she talks down about people who go on a holiday to Ibiza says a lot. Why’s she so bothered about how other people travel? She’s insecure and thinks that her travels make her superior.

Reactions: 10
There’s something icky about the way she talks about “locals”. She talks like these ‘locals’ are just ready and willing to educate any gap yahs that come along, when they’re just people like you and me living their lives with no interest in entertaining dumb tourists.

I love travelling, it’s great, and you can learn a lot and it can definitely help you understand other cultures better. But the worst kind of backpackers/travellers are those that think they’re doing some kind of noble duty by travelling, and think that the local people they visit are honoured by their presence. You’re just a tourist like everyone else - just because you did voluntourism in Uganda doesn’t mean you’re now this worldly person. If anything these voluntourism things can make you even blinder to your privilege because you’re tricked into thinking you’re immersed into another culture when actually it’s just a charade put on for tourists to make them feel like they’re ~immersed~ in the culture.

The way she talks down about people who go on a holiday to Ibiza says a lot. Why’s she so bothered about how other people travel? She’s insecure and thinks that her travels make her superior.
Exsctly, its a rrally colonial type attitude its really uncomfortable to liaten to tbh. Jade proves very clearly that travel doesn't necessarily make you more educated or cultured

Reactions: 3