Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Liz has a lot to lose as she’s away to be promoted. I think she was ‘the fixer’ and disposed of the body. I don’t like her. Haven’t seen enough of her fiancée to comment. I think her mum knows something, she’s so harsh but great 😂
Yeah her character is completely unlikeable as is Ram’s. I feel sorry for the carer, at least she’s getting her revenge 👏

Reactions: 4

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I wasn't sure after the first episode, but I loved it - just as gripping as it's always been for me. I like that's there's no straightforward horrible baddie and sympathies aren't that clear.

Only gripe is that once the social worker storyline got going, it was pretty obvious that was a red herring

I really like Jessie though and Sinead Keenan is a fantastic actress

Chablis1

VIP Member
I've just finished the latest series and thought it was weak all round tbh. Cassie was a much nicer, more relatable character right from the off, didn't take to Jessie at all (and it annoyed me that wardrobe insisted on dressing her in those awful tank tops which just make the fact she has a very small frame compared to the size of her head even more obvious - I appreciate that is a small point, but once you see it you can't unsee it, and it just kept irritating me in every episode!). Sunny also underwent a personality transplant which felt like it was more to make a story of them being incompatible and then working round it/ finding common ground rather than how his character would actually have behaved.

I also didn't care for the social commentary alongside the slightly patronising suggestion that if you're from a troubled background you'll have a shit life and that's just your lot. And the message that physically abusing someone is fine because again, you've had a hard life and it's not your fault. Not one person in it, rich or poor, was remotely likeable, indeed the total opposite and as a result I felt zero empathy for any of them . Unlike say the series with Mark Bonnar in where despite the crimes the 3 main characters committed, you couldn't help but feel sorry for them for what they'd been through.
Her tiny pony tail annoyed me. I couldn’t stop looking at it. 😂

• Haha

Amyx1518

VIP Member
I watched s1-3 on Netflix then was overjoyed to learn s4 had started recently! Question tho, do we ever see her second son? I swear I’ve only ever seen the lad that went to America in s3

Amyx1518

VIP Member
They’re all a bit unlikeable. My favourite is probably the guy that has the disabled son; I can’t remember his name. The last ep with his wife’s confession was very poignant.

TinaTree

Chatty Member
Have they said this is the last series? I cant wait for the rest of the series, but i do like waiting each week as its something to look forward to and i enjoy reading other peoples theories! I wonder if Cassie will be linked into it somehow as she must of been training around 30 years ago too. Part of me feel like things could go wrong for Cassie this series, with her Dad on about his will and her putting house or mortgage, plus her partner just strikes me as super untrustworthy

sassquatch23

Finally fished all the episodes! Now wishing I had taken it steady as I have nothing to watch haha

As others have said, I really liked Jessie in the end. Once she got her shit together, she and Sunny were a good team and it was nice to see everyone around her accept her too. Even the little things like her eventually using Kaz's nickname instead of calling her Karen, was nice to see. I liked the way we didn't like her at first, and then she settled in - i'm glad she didn't come in as a Cassie replacement, but more her own character. I thought the crime was good, but the ending felt so unfinished - the grandson admits to lying but then there's nothing more. It felt like it needed something else. And also Jessie better not just accept her husband, I hope she gives him a tough time if he is going to come back for good. I liked all the side stories this time, Sunny's in particular was really good and a lot stronger than his stories have been in the past. And that's the end of my babbling! It was a slow start (It took me ages to go from episode one to two as I was bored) but overall it was fab.
---
Also, very random and not related to this series at all (and apologies if it has already been mentioned) do we ever find out where Kaz went in series 2 and 3? She randomly pops up again in series 4, and all Cassie says is "and welcome back" and it's never really mentioned again?

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Ending not quite in the same league as previous series, too many things just left hanging.

Will Unforgotten carry on without Cassie Stuart?

Just finished rewatching series 1-4. (Went back after watching the new series 5)

just finished the dreaded s4 ep 6. Bawling my eyes out again. It’s made me miss Cassie all over again. 😭 that episode was just absolutely gut wrenching

• Heart

Dexy

VIP Member
I don't actually think Cassie's boyfriend is dodgy, but he did say something in the last season that I didn't like. Something about Hayley being mature for her age at 16 (and her boyfriend being immature at 23...I'm 25 and I would never date a 16 year old lol) when it was patently clear from her diaries that she was still mentally a kid, regardless of the fact she took drugs and stayed out late. :/

Do you think it's Nicola Walker's acting or just how she's being directed (the pausing)?
I think it’s meant to be part of the character she plays.

Princessax

VIP Member
Not normally a cryer but wow I was bawling my wee eyes out at that! 😭 gutted doesn’t cover it.
The scene when Sunny walked round the corner, my heart dropped!

• Sad

Asgyui

VIP Member
I also remember her being in something quite a while back and she played the baddie, she was quite deranged in it! It was either on BBC or ITV. I’ll have to check out her filmography
Was it scott and bailey?

she played an alcoholic who had a terrible childhood abused by her parents (Dad was played by George Costigan) and witnessed them murder and bury young males and her siblings. Then she went onto try and murder the SIO and ended up committing suicide

Do t think it was Ram who did it. I think Dean might have done the murder not sure why I think that, but that Fiona might have crashed into Cassie as she's made some bizarre choices.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Confused!

Why did Anthony Hume confess to shooting Joseph when he didn’t do it? It made no sense.