Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I’m surprised at her advertising for Startrite , I thought she had more awareness of her privilege and would be more careful over what she signed up for.

Reactions: 8

Joeyjojo

Not sure why she has a rave thread! So un relatable! The door decor - her neighbours must eye roll!... 😷

Pink waffles

Chatty Member
Quality over quantity too, I always prefer to spend more to get something that lasts as liv said. There are enough clothes in landfills to dress the next 6 generations.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
Agreed. It’s no ones business how much she chooses to spend on clothes and she was clearly and IMO rightly pissed off with this person assuming her husband pays for them. She’s wealthy in her own right it seems - does it matter if that is from inheritance, trust fund, property, savings or an allowance? As she said, she doesn’t use aff links and rarely does ads but people do ask her stuff about what she’s wearing so she answers them honestly. Same as with the drinking, she doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Quality over quantity too, I always prefer to spend more to get something that lasts as liv said. There are enough clothes in landfills to dress the next 6 generations.
Absolutely! The comments and digs I’ve had for buying more expensive things 🙄 One really beautiful well made piece which is gonna last years or 15 shitty cheap things that will end up going to the charity shop in 6 months time? 🤔

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
I do actually love UGG but I can't help but think about the contradictions sometimes with her - I would be really interested in seeing how it would go down if a working class mum with her four kids was doing shots / cocktails in the kitchen at lunchtime!
This is such a good point. I'm sure there'd be plenty of clutching at pearls. I think she's great and she's one of the only IG accounts where I turn the sound on for her stories however, she was filming the girls having a tiff the other day, shoving each other about a bit. She was laughing at them (I accept that a sense of humour when looking after 4 under 5s is an absolute must!) and not intervening and I did think that it possibly wasn't the best thing to be doing.

Fathead

VIP Member
She cracks me up and I think she is genuine . She has the class not to talk about money. I expect she has her own inheritance + she also used to work in fashion retail if I recall correctly so has done some graft before having 4 girls under 4?! Jesus ! She called out bull shit a few times in the past on shady influencer practices & choices so doesn’t suffer fools but but threatened by the saconne-joly legal team who went on the rampage after shower-gate which was a shame as i would like to see her be honest with her options about certain ones 😂😂.

Reactions: 7
I agree but I’m also the opposite for my children, after the year they have had they deserve a magical Christmas it’s all children have left. I’ve lost family members this year, work in icu , have had covid and my partner was made redundant so I feel I’m under a lot of pressure. However I’m going all out for Christmas for my kids in any way I can ☺
Oh I mean I’m not anti it obv I’m not a Scrooge I just don’t want to see it every single day on social media in November .. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas after such a rubbish year! X

• Heart

FridaK

VIP Member
I actually love this woman. I find her daughters and her very entertaining and not at all problematic which is so rare these days.

PinkFigs

VIP Member
Her comment that Zara and H&M clothes are tatt that end up in landfill was really snobby. If that’s the price point you can afford, that’s what you buy. And if that’s the price point you can afford, there is a good chance you’ll look after it.

I realise there is a problem with fast fashion, but her audience of mothers with small children are hardly whipping to H&M to buy a new Saturday night outfit, wearing it once clubbing and chucking it in the bin.

Check your privilege, Livvy.
I agree! I get sick of wealthy bloggers/insta people/youtubers telling us to not buy fast fashion, or to 'collect memories not stuff', or 'buy local' etc etc. They can all afford to shop wherever they like so they can be as ethical as they please, but the general population does not have unlimited funds.

See she’s been gifted a box of Halloween treats and decs. Considering her house already looks like Disney at Halloween, wouldn’t she think about passing the gift on, to a local food bank or woman’s refuge etc?