Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They say you learn more once you leave school, so there’s that…🤷🏻‍♀️
I don't think schools really teach that much about current events or recent history unless you get lucky. Teachers themselves are often only just managing to digest the news too. As an adult though I think it's good to have the skills to inform yourself and to do questions about things you don't know. I was aware I didn't even know what the Spanish civil war was a few years ago so read a few books to fill in that gap. I have plenty more gaps even though I'm fairly into geography and history.

Reactions: 14
Attacking residential areas for all their worth, it was 5 civilians killed at the TV tower not staff

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I don’t watch or read BBC news for the simple fact that they’ve been dishonest and failed to report news about Palestine, Covid protests etc.

Reactions: 9
I don’t even want to admit how stupid I was not to know a lot of basic geography until recently tbh 😫🥺 school wasn’t my strong point because I was easily distracted by boys,make up & boybands ☹
To be fair I remember spending most of geography in school learning about jungle canopies, different types of rocks or watching the film Twister 642 times instead of learning actual basic world geography such as continents, countries and capitals so don’t hold that against yourself!

Reactions: 24
To be fair I remember spending most of geography in school learning about jungle canopies, different types of rocks or watching the film Twister 642 times instead of learning actual basic world geography such as continents, countries and capitals so don’t hold that against yourself!
I just remember colouring in maps!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I had 0 geographical knowledge before discovering flight radar 24
We lived in Asia for 20 years and when we used to fly back home to visit it would be a 13 hour flight back, I used to put on the flight map as I dozed on the plane. Now I can really see these places that we would fly over and I can finally recognise where these places really are.

Imagine living in a country where you can't even lay flowers in memory of lives lost. We take our freedoms for granted so much.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I didnt get to say a post and a quote someone was asking about why Putins doing this, or might have been a reason. To be completely honest I doubt there will ever be a black and white reason or reasons as to why he's doing this, well reasons maybe perhaps.

To really understand his background though his grandfather on his fathers side was a cook for both Stalin and Lenin, not sure exactly when it was (Putin was born in the year before Stalin's death) he when he left it was a rather senior member of the KGB (now FSB) which is sort of then the USSR's equivalent of the CIA or MI5 and/or MI6, was posted at one point (though its very vague what he did there) in East Germany (is a photograph of his ID card as an officer in the KGB).

He did (according to Anne Applebaum when I was watching, have no idea why though when watching K19 the movie mentions a Gulag rather though is more the admin and system of the forced labour camps in the Soviet era is a video about a book about her research into that) once (and probably still does I think) describes himself as a Cheka or a I think Chekavist, was the first form of secret police in the Soviet Union dissolved in 1922.

I think with all that said he's essentially like well probably when relating to any of these people I criticise on here in the threads, if they were to be described as a narcissist genuinely either sub-clinically or clinically which ever, then times those by about 20 at least. Still apparently holds some prestige being called a Cheka (by I'd think the older generations in Russia) and some who will say Lenin is the greatest thing to happen to Russia for what happened (or realistically what didnt happen, I akin that to being like the China's 'Great Leap Forward' or backwards is a better description).

Putins said its to stop the bullying of Ukraine and the demilitarisation and denazification of Ukraine (though their presidents Jewish), I think with him categorising himself as a Cheka or Chekavist will be why he's insanely paranoid and him isolating himself during whatever period hasn't helped his mental state.

Reactions: 14
I feel like this massive ‘convoy’ in to Kyiv has been ‘near’ for days now.

Is it wishful thinking it won’t happen?

Reactions: 8
I feel like this massive ‘convoy’ in to Kyiv has been ‘near’ for days now.

Is it wishful thinking it won’t happen?
it does seem odd swear this is day 2-3 i have heard it being mentioned its got to be near it by now i am starting to wonder if its a threat tactic

Reactions: 6
Stupid question maybe but do we know where Putin is at the moment? Is he at the Kremlin? Or elsewhere? Or in hiding?

it does seem odd swear this is day 2-3 i have heard it being mentioned its got to be near it by now i am starting to wonder if its a threat tactic
It feels like waiting for Russia to ramp up. Every morning I wake up the first thing I do is refresh my phone anticipating Kyiv had been taken. It always seems too good to be true they are holding out.

Reactions: 19
It'll only be because China want to be seen to be helping. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them, either. They are no friends of the West.

That won't happen for a long time. It's very complex and the nation will have to show to the EU commission that they are at peace for a good while beforehand
There are lot of reasons why this is the case but yes, it is true the China and the West aren’t allies. However, China’s economy is dependent on the West and for that reason - they stand to benefit from helping to restore peace in Ukraine.

If that is successful - all nations need to work together to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Western rules will always conflict with authoritarian regimes, as much as they pretend to play along. There are always going to be a power hungry leaders. We have to ensure that we don’t get complacent and impose powerful enough deterrents to keep their ego in check.

‘Wang is said to have offered to make every effort to end the violence diplomatically, the agency wrote.’
The Foreign Minister doesn’t carry as much weight as coming from Xi Jinping, himself.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.