Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Avoiding news for the most part and catching up here. Dipping in and out of bbc and sky.

Reactions: 12
BBC are repetitive but I ā¤ Lyse.
Lyse is an example of what true "machismo" is that Putin admires so much. He'd never put himself in the position of being, say, a woman in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Iā€™m amazed something ā€˜pretty graveā€™ hasnā€™t happened in Kyiv is already.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Iā€™m not afraid to say Iā€™m gettin all of my updates here, not watched a spec of news since Wednesday. My little lad is autistic and has anxiety around ā€œend timesā€ and dark thoughts about natural disasters, apocalypse, the height of the virus was an interesting time for us. His ā€œspecial interestsā€ are plane crashes and shipwrecks and can quickly become obsessive. Weā€™ve got an ā€œask and Iā€™ll tell approach to our parentingā€ and everything has to be facts based for his autistic brain. Iā€™ve not exposed him to any of it but Iā€™m prepared with department for education information for children and young people if he gets a whiff, from his peers.
Iā€™ll add the link below.
Someone else mentioned newsround had good information and explanations earlier in the week too so Iā€™ll prewatch that and maybe share with him.
I hear you, my daughter is the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I hate going to sleep of late.

I think of the poor citizens of the Ukraine. Another night of who knows what.

Another round of talks apparently tomorrow but I just think that's more hours wasted. They have to go through another night of hell.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Iā€™m listening a lot to the radio as I prefer more discussion based information than news reports. I feel like I learn more when itā€™s a flowing conversation with questions and answers, rather than just bulletins. But I have to say these threads have been so informative to read. Bouncing between bitching about influencers being bellends one minute and then Vladdy Putz going nuclear the next. Where else would you get it šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I live in wiltshire and quite often hear the MOD training on salisbury plain. can hear it tonight. Really making me think of those in Ukraine trying to sleep and hearing the bangs in the distance. šŸ’™šŸ’›

Reactions: 18
Theyā€™re brilliant but itā€™s SUCH hard work at times, itā€™s mental gymnastics talking to him about anything heā€™s so literal and I am so NOT haha
Oh I know! I think Iā€™m quite vague on a lot of thingsā€¦but Iā€™m having to learn not to be!! šŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: 6
I don't have a TV so don't watch any news coverage routinely. I do have my tablet so sometimes I put it in and watch MSNBC.

But really I prefer to read online. Kyivlndependent and Euromaidan Press on Twitter especially. I try not to stick to one source.

Reactions: 10
This usually takes years, so will be interesting to see what the outcome is and whether Putin gives a toss.
Some speculation that itā€™s a step towards punting Russia out of the UN.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I hate going to sleep of late.

I think of the poor citizens of the Ukraine. Another night of who knows what.

Another round of talks apparently tomorrow but I just think that's more hours wasted. They have to got through another night of hell.
I'm with you there, I think after Covid I'm just so done with this kind of tit. Why should ordinary people have to suffer for the whims of elderly men so far removed from reality and daily life.
We all just want to get on with our lives, live them, spend time with our loved ones and be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I genuinely think I wouldnā€™t even last to see a nuclear attack because I would have a heart attack at the sound of those sirens. Iā€™m being totally serious. They terrify me

• Heart
Reactions: 23
BBC News. I find the journalists better on there - especially the wonderful Lyse Doucet, as others have pointed out.

Reactions: 7
I brought up the subject of what happens next and if we get involved to Mr Strawberry & he is convinced before Shithead can decide to do anything NATO will just duck him over and destroy Russia šŸ’£

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.