Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sky do similar but somehow its not as annoying. I also like the wee expert military man on sky.
‘General Sir Richard Barrons? He is great, very insightful, breaks everything down and explains the military strategy from both sides. Fascinating to watch, I’ve learnt so much from him. But yes, it’s pretty much Sky News for me. I’m also loving Deborah and Mark Austin.

Reactions: 17
I was just reading the as a population Ukraine has 2 million more women than men. Somehow that feels like just another impressive statistic that we are learning about these extraordinaryly brave people. And those women too have stayed behind to fight for their country.

Everything will be spring, everything will be victory, everything will be Ukraine.

Screenshot_20220301-215832_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Yel

Added not watching news channels as an option for the poll, although you'll need to go back to page one to vote

Reactions: 9
I watch SKY because it's so easy to find something to take the piss out of.

Shout out to all the rolling news broadcasters though, they have to do some serious filling while they're waiting for a translator to get hooked up to the non-English politicians. 13 minutes one lady was waffling away for this morning - reeling off all her stats while the Polish PM was talking. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sad thing is you can't trust any news provider to tell us as it is as they all have their own agenda

Reactions: 10
It's the State of the Union Address, so it's a biggie 😬. Not sure of time. Will find out.

ETA 9pm (Eastern Time I believe, 5 hours behind UK).
Shouldn't take long, he can just say "It's fucked mate, big time", and then sit down again, with his cocoa.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
No TV for us, certainly not the bbc. Online info, a mate in the Defence & gurgling everything

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If anyone is wanting a really good analysis on Putin's mental health, Richard grannon has just uploaded a good one on YouTube. Its not scary but interesting for anyone with narcs in their lives.

Reactions: 13
Can’t stop thinking about the people of Ukraine. Read about a family getting shot to death by Russian soldiers- the grandparents, mum and two kids including a 6 week old baby. I just can’t get my head around what the hell is going on.

How is this going to end? When will it end? It seems to me like the whole world will be at war in a matter of weeks.

sorry for the doom. Traumatised by reading about that family.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
‘General Sir Richard Barrons? He is great, very insightful, breaks everything down and explains the military strategy from both sides. Fascinating to watch, I’ve learnt so much from him. But yes, it’s pretty much Sky News for me. I’m also loving Deborah and Mark Austin.
Thats him. Isn’t he wonderful, I think I'll stick with calling him wee expert man but yes he's very informative.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t think that exposing Moldovia on the map as a possible next target for invasion was accidental. I think Putin and Lukashenko are playing evil mind games.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
For news sources - Mainly ITV but not by choice they keep cutting into Lorraine / this morning with the news (not an issue of course we need to stay informed although they did 100% show the exact same news twice this morning) but I can’t stand ITV news generally so when I’m picking I’m watching on the BBC.

Reactions: 3
Can’t stop thinking about the people of Ukraine. Read about a family getting shot to death by Russian soldiers- the grandparents, mum and two kids including a 6 week old baby. I just can’t get my head around what the hell is going on.

How is this going to end? When will it end? It seems to me like the whole world will be at war in a matter of weeks.

sorry for the doom. Traumatised by reading about that family.
I think this is likely to go on for some time to come. I personally think it will be like another Cold War for some time. Months, years even.

Did anyone hear our own ministers saying this is going to hit our pockets for some time? I don’t begrudge it, I really don’t. I want us to do as much as we can to help these people.

• Heart
I don’t think that exposing Moldovia on the map as a possible next target for invasion was accidental. I think that Putin and Lukashenko are playing evil mind games.
Yeah I thought that “leak” was very strategic. It’s to make people panic and think they’re next. There is no way in hell it wasn’t intentional .Now I understand what people mean when they refer to war being psychological.

Reactions: 21
What is the best source to watch the news online? Iv been sticking with sky because it's live on YouTube I think but I only have smart tv. It's not connected to an Ariel 😂

Reactions: 7
I don’t think that exposing Moldovia on the map as a possible next target for invasion was accidental. I think that Putin and Lukashenko are playing evil mind games.
They bombed one of their ships early on, definitely won’t be surprised if it’s his next target

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I think this is likely to go on for some time to come. I personally think it will be like another Cold War for some time. Months, years even.

Did anyone hear our own ministers saying this is going to hit our pockets for some time? I don’t begrudge it, I really don’t. I want us to do as much as we can to help these people.
I don’t either, I’d rather be on the bones of my arse with a roof over my head and food in our tummies than have to leave my home and worldly possessions to the sound of sirens and explosions.
This really puts life and ‘things’ into perspective. All war does, and I always cry for those affected, but this just seems closer to home somehow.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.