Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been using plane finder apps for a while and there’s always RAF activity. A lot of planes, helicopters have always flown over my house since I was a kid and I’m 29 now as I’m not too far from an RAF base, so I wouldn’t say it’s unusual but I’m not sure what’s classed as ‘normal activity’ for them
Same here...I'm a flightradar geek as I live near an airport so have used these for years. Theres always alot of activity, even prior to the invasion by both RAF and US air force. There are a couple of jets leaving the UK which might be an interesting follow.

Attachments

Reactions: 11

Yel

I fully support piers morgan and kay burley to be parachuted onto the frontline. They can join Mr Loughbrough uni

• Haha
Reactions: 58
One thing I am noticing is that Putin us using a lot of minorities in Russia by sending the people from Buryatia (near Mongolia) and chechen muslims. I really hope this isn't a way of him saying they are worth less than other Russian solider lives.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Every time I see a picture of Putin now I feel fear, like you would do if you saw a horror character from a film.

He’s just pure evil.

One thing I am noticing is that Putin us using a lot of minorities in Russia by sending the people from Buryatia (near Mongolia) and chechen muslims. I really hope this isn't a way of him saying they are worth less than other Russian solider lives.
Chechens are battle hardened, formidable. That's why he's using them. They're also mad and scary, according to Russian friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
This exactly. A viral image can change millions of people's opinions.

Putin no doubt has a lot of support in Russia and former Soviet countries. If this was to evaporate it becomes ever harder for him to keep his grip on power.

If only this was true! :(
Iconic (awful) imagines from war can be very powerful. In the good old days I guess it was all photojournalism. Do you recall the image of the poor little Japanese girl running away from the aftermath of one of the atomic bombs? It was horrific - her clothes had been blown off and her skin was peeling, but it was an image the world saw and couldn’t forget. While some felt the a-bombs were the best and quickest way to bring WWII to a final conclusion - that one image gave reality to the utter horror the decision inflicted on thousands of innocents. Images like that stay with people and underline the horror of war. In their own way they filter through to influence opinion and policy decisions.

That said, all such images need to be treated and presented in a sensitive way. It makes me sick to see these used as clickbait or portrayed with sensationalism. The American broadcasters seem to dramatise these images and that is horrid to me.

Reactions: 13
Iconic (awful) imagines from war can be very powerful. In the good old days I guess it was all photojournalism. Do you recall the image of the poor little Japanese girl running away from the aftermath of one of the atomic bombs? It was horrific - her clothes had been blown off and her skin was peeling, but it was an image the world saw and couldn’t forget. While some felt the a-bombs were the best and quickest way to bring WWII to a final conclusion - that one image gave reality to the utter horror the decision inflicted on thousands of innocents. Images like that stay with people and underline the horror of war. In their own way they filter through to influence opinion and policy decisions.

That said, all such images need to be treated and presented in a sensitive way. It makes me sick to see these used as clickbait or portrayed with sensationalism. The American broadcasters seem to dramatise these images and that is horrid to me.
That was a Vietnamese girl who'd been hit with napalm. I get your point though!

Reactions: 17
I just can't see where this is going to end. Ukraine (rightly so) will not back down and there's no way Putin will. He seems to have completely lost it.

Reactions: 12

Yel

Well it's gone from 3 miles, 17 miles, 40 miles and now it's 25 miles long according to Johnson just now.

Reactions: 15
Same here...I'm a flightradar geek as I live near an airport so have used these for years. Theres always alot of activity, even prior to the invasion by both RAF and US air force. There are a couple of jets leaving the UK which might be an interesting follow.
I was just watching these and both just disappeared from the radar. I did also notice there's a US airforce plane circling around Romania. Probably nothing but it is so interesting to watch!

Reactions: 8
After the shitshow that has been the last few years with Covid, this is utterly exhausting. Makes you wonder what’s the point? 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Depends where its too could be just excercises try not to worry too much easier said then done inknow
While I believe we should not enter military conflict, I sincerely hope that our leaders and military are readying for it in case Putin goes (more) rogue and invents some shady pretext for attacking us /NATO. It would reassure me to know we are primed for defence of an attack, though I’m very hopeful it will not be needed.

Reactions: 10
Something I've noticed is how soldiers in the Russian army are often regarded as being disposable (which is awful because I personally believe that life is precious). There are so many who get pulled into his army and at such a rate that it reminds me of a factory's conveyor belt: if some die, there'll be others to replace them without a second thought (plus it's a huge country - to him it's probably just numbers and not the worlds/stories/lives behind the numbers). I also saw how he's drawn on the Chechens too - I suppose he changes his mind on them depending on how he can use them (they're labelled terrorists one day and soldiers for Putin's army another day)

• Sad
  • Heart
Heard a caller on the radio speak about how he's thinking of leaving Europe. He seemed fed up of these wars happening in Europe. I can't say I blame the guy. We are supposed to be a civilised continent. Doesn't feel like it.

80 years after the second world war, we're now having to deal with this and consequences that come with it. Cost of living is already high enough, and these wars only make it worse for the world, especially here in Europe.

Reactions: 6
He’s a head. He wants us involved so badly, well he can go on the frontline.
He said something the other day about how brave the reporters were going out to Ukraine in this situation and that he would never have gone out there himself...but he'd happily send our sons and husbands to the front line it would seem. Stupid, selfish, arrogant man.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.