Ukraine Russia War #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m an avid listener of Radio 4 and have been for at least 20 years. I remember maybe 12 or so years ago, North Korea was threatening the US and the BBC person was having an actual conversation about whether the US had the capability to nuke NK in one shot if it came to it. Now, that I did find terrifying. The thought of one nation blowing another out of the water? All those innocent people 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Sorry this quote was from the last thread …I don’t think a thread is a good idea…. You will possibly make some people more anxious, and/or there will definitely be some slating the ideas due to the panic buying it might create as it will go beyond basics. Just my opinion, but it makes me anxious just thinking of reading all through it …..
There is already a thread which mentions prepping in the title but is not solely for that, it’s for other things too.

Reactions: 8

Russian opposition is getting louder...
Rather than opposition, I’m afraid they’re more into saving their faces in case of SHTF 🤔. They like their comfortable belongings in the West and seeing themselves forced to give them up isn’t pleasant at all.
They might be preparing something a bit on the “we were obeying orders” line, in case they’re caught and forced to explain their associations with Putin.

However, who knows? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I’ve been following the threads on here and you’ve all been great and so reassuring. I’ve barely watched the news and just keep checking here. This is going to probably be the most obvious question but if he did press the nuclear button wouldn’t that affect Russian people as well?

Reactions: 15
@tahrah @chickhicks86 and @ReginaPhalangee I think it was you 3 on the other post responding re: ASD and limited eating sorry if I’ve got it wrong. It’s incredibly stressful if you cannot access the correct foods. My son has had some issues this week and has basically refused to eat… it’s not a case of if he’s hungry he’ll eat, no he won’t. My daughter may be stubborn at times but she’ll give in if there’s no other options but not him. One of you mentioned the children and adults with additional needs facing this… I cannot even think about it. It makes me feel sick to the core. For all of them but the additional thinking that needs to go into planning trips etc with SEND children and then to just have to leave their home. I’ve been Ill with worry this week just from my son not eating never mind the threat to life on top of that. I’ve sent what money I can to a charity. It’s just heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been following the threads on here and you’ve all been great and so reassuring. I’ve barely watched the news and just keep checking here. This is going to probably be the most obvious question but if he did press the nuclear button wouldn’t that affect Russian people as well?
Of course.
Everyone would be gone.
It's not easy to press the button. Complex procedures and fail-safes have to be negotiated ; several key holders must be present to switch at the same time etc .

Reactions: 20
It would. A lot.

Reactions: 11
There would be an immediate retaliation. If he were to nuclear bomb another country Russia wouldn't be standing much longer after that. Which is probably the only reason why he hasn't done so

Reactions: 14
US intel stating Russia using ‘siege tactics’ - well that could last bloody months then!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Russia would be destroyed and so would Putin , it's just a threat as the rest of the world is united in saying he's a bleep. He didn't expect such opposition he thought we might put a couple of sanctions in and just leave it. He's throwing his toys out of the pram because it's not gone the way he wants.

Reactions: 17
US intel stating Russia using ‘siege tactics’ - well that could last bloody months then!
Probably why the UK is saying this conflict won't be resolved quickly and why we should be prepared for the long haul

Reactions: 15
Bless him! Isn’t it funny that he was seen as a bit of a joke until recently!!! I know our leaders would be off on their prepaid for space ships saying see you later peasants!!!

Reactions: 26
🤣 Me neither!! I am spending my Sunday afternoon watching Tik Toks of him !!
I think it’s his resilience as well and determination that makes him so attractive. Also, the fact that he’s dressing in casual khaki

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.