Ukraine Russia War #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if cyber attacks on IT systems are classed as violation as I don’t recall anything being done last time they did it , my sister who works for NHS have said the last 3 cyber attacks the NHS had were Russian origin so they aren’t taking chances this time
Ohh maybe it is just psychical Attacks. They should update it. Hospitals and schools should be off limits completely.
I don’t blame them all for tightening security

Reactions: 11
I suspect social media is playing a huge part to. Would we all be as outraged if we couldn't see whats going on and hear from real people. Also the president wouldn't be able to communicate as effectively to his people and the outside world

Reactions: 23
Spoke to a friend in Kenya and most people have no idea what is going on. A large minority who follow the news vaguely know what is happening, but just surprised me (although it probably shouldn't have) that most of the world's population have next to no idea about Ukraine/Russia situation, although it will end up affecting most, if not all the world unfortunately. Kenya exports a lot of tea to Russia.

Reactions: 22
Fighting spirit may be coming into it too. Ukrainians have something to fight for, how many of these Russian soldiers really know why they are there, do they feel like they are fighting for something or just simply following orders.

Reactions: 29
Spoke to a friend in Kenya and most people have no idea what is going on. A large minority who follow the news vaguely know what is happening, but just surprised me (although it probably shouldn't have) that most of the world's population have next to no idea about Ukraine/Russia situation.
To be fair, how many Europeans know of active ongoing battles in the sub-Saharan Africa.

Reactions: 38
I don't know if this has been posted, but this video offers a brief overview of the crisis. I found it very informative...and this presenter is absolutely awesome. Wish we could swap Susannah Reid for her.

"Past-imperialism cannot excuse present-day expansionism".

Yes, this is good, I watched it a few days ago. Her delivery is always very commanding. I watched her a lot when she was reporting on Covid.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Fighting spirit may be coming into it too. Ukrainians have something to fight for, how many of these Russian soldiers really know why they are there, do they feel like they are fighting for something or just simply following orders.
Exactly.
"I basically have nothing to do with war...but I don't really have any choice because this is my home."
"Who else but us?"
"When I heard the explosions, I decided that I'm ready."

1645876063906.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
To be fair, how many Europeans know of active ongoing battles in the sub-Saharan Africa.
Yeah good point, but this seems bigger and can affect most of the world to be fair. Although, one thing I will say, is Africa could benefit from this because European nations could turn to Africa for their resources, such as gas.

Reactions: 12
Watching Civilians making Molotov cocktails now on sky , it’s amazing !!! Everyone out in the street making them

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I can’t see how Western troops aren’t going to help with what’s going on. Sadly I think this is how it’s going to end up.

Reactions: 9
Exactly.
"I basically have nothing to do with war...but I don't really have any choice because this is my home."
"Who else but us?"
"When I heard the explosions, I decided that I'm ready."

View attachment 1088862

I guess it's the same as the blitz/dunkirk etc spirit we had in ww2. When you don't have any choice you're amazed at what you are capable of

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I suspect social media is playing a huge part to. Would we all be as outraged if we couldn't see whats going on and hear from real people. Also the president wouldn't be able to communicate as effectively to his people and the outside world
It’s also close to home. I have family and friends in 3 neighbouring countries. Most of us know someone who at least knows people there. It also majorly impacts our lives. This is precisely why it pisses me off that the insta celebs aren’t doing more to raise awareness or share links etc where people can help. It’s in their best interest for this to end ASAP because if it drags out, people won’t have money to buy the crap they advertise and earn their money from through affiliate programs…

Reactions: 17
I can’t see how Western troops aren’t going to help with what’s going on. Sadly I think this is how it’s going to end up.
The worry is that sending boots on the ground to protect Ukrainians, means it escalates tensions and makes things far worse. Would any western leader want to risk it not knowing just how unhinged Vlad the destructor is?

Reactions: 13
Absolute respect and credit to Robert Lewandowski and the Polish FA.

Now FIFA the ball is in your court, do the right thing and expel Russia entirely. You to IOC.

Annnndddd back in the room. Sorry I used the phrase FIFA and do the right thing in the same sentence. We all have out moments of Putin like disclarity.

Reactions: 26
I guess it's the same as the blitz/dunkirk etc spirit we had in ww2. When you don't have any choice you're amazed at what you are capable of
Absolutely. I don't think it's a trait specific to any single person, but for sure some people become accustomed to it, especially in the middle east, who have been threatened by war and conflict for a long time. We are fortunate that it hasn't happened to us in Britain. Fair enough, we've normally been on the other side of it, having the British Empire, so thankfully British people never had that threat. I guess being an ex-empire has that benefit, the same as Russia now.

Reactions: 8
The worry is that sending boots on the ground to protect Ukrainians, means it escalates tensions and makes things far worse. Would any western leader want to risk it not knowing just how unhinged Vlad the destructor is?
In WW2 Germany didn’t attack when they had to skip through multiple countries. If for example Germany puts troops to the ground, how would Putin get to Germany? Germany has much better defence systems and mechanisms than Ukraine and he can’t even deal with Ukraine. I understand why they don’t want an all out war. So I get the whole not stepping in right away. But if it comes to that (and it might) Russia is fucked. Not the other way around.

Reactions: 11
Yes, this is good, I watched it a few days ago. Her delivery is always very commanding. I watched her a lot when she was reporting on Covid.
I intend to watch more of her stuff. She is fierce. I learned more from her 10 minute video than I have done from 4 days worth of Sky News waffle.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah I suppose it's a case of attack or be attacked. They know if they don't fight, Russia will take over and they're not going to take that lying down. Respect to them.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.