Ukraine Russia War #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The west in general has been seen as quite weak in the last decade or so. All talk and no action. Which while all well and good, its in situations like these that it's really being tested to see if they are still the force they once were. If Russia fails and the west unites, I'd say China is less likely to go into Taiwan
I would rather them talk than going to war, it’s easy to say “we should deploy troops” but it has been proven time and time again war solves nothing especially in Europe, where in the last hundred years major conflicts had led to two world wars with millions dead and even more displaced and emotionally destroyed.

Reactions: 23
I know Ukraine are fighting alone but I honstley love the fact everyone is rallying around and sending supplies and weapons ect. Day 3 and Russia haven't successfully took over the capital I hope this continues
Haha we had same thought

Reactions: 8
My fear is what will Putin do when he loses? I can’t see him admitting defeat at any costs… his ego is far too big!
I fear for this too 😪 I think the way to stop and have peace is to literally wipe him out or he will continuing going he's to far in now. Silly silly man

Reactions: 17
China abstaining I think it’s just so they can look neutral. They know if they actively side with Russia we could sanction them. They can’t be trusted either.
They're my thoughts too. Our government clearly stated that anyone found directly helping will be sanctioned. China are helping, but via the back door. It honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point if President Xi told Putin his plans with the vote and struck some kind of deal

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I would rather them talk than going to war, it’s easy to say “we should deploy troops” but it has been proven time and time again war solves nothing especially in Europe, where in the last hundred years major conflicts had led to two world wars with millions dead and even more displaced and emotionally destroyed.
I never said they should go to war. But people have to face the reality that some leaders don't think the way we do and only understand force. Not everyone can be reasoned either

Again, the only alternative is to let Russia do what it wants .

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Putin is staying very quiet, not sure it’s a good thing. He made is intentions clear early doors. If we get involved there will be repercussions. We don’t know his next move, which is concerning. But he won’t just give up. He’s planned this for years. This wasn’t a overnight decision and he would have been aware of the sanctions.

Reactions: 21
This is the response from a very famous Russian supermodel - no condemnation. Even Roman Abromavich’s daughter has spoken out against the war.
7E9614B0-CDDD-4AFB-9464-DD222951F101.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 13
View attachment 1088799

The French navy have intercepted a Russian cargo ship (carrying cars) in the channel overnight.
The Russian embassy seeking answers… surely the answer is that it was in French waters and France don’t want their waters used for transport incase it’s weapons etc.

Maybe I’m a bit dense but I would have thought that was the obvious

Reactions: 13
Just Googled Aus supply of wheat to China. Last year Aus exported over 480,000 metric tonnes to China. Would they truck or ship foreign wheat to Russia.

Reactions: 7
Putin is staying very quiet, not sure it’s a good thing. He made is intentions clear early doors. If we get involved there will be repercussions. We don’t know his next move, which is concerning. But he won’t just give up. He’s planned this for years. This wasn’t a overnight decision and he would have been aware of the sanctions.
I said this yesterday too, I believe he has a plan put in place for every sanction going he's not stupid and he's well prepared. My gut is telling me something big is coming 😭 what a horrible world we live in.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
My fear is what will Putin do when he loses? I can’t see him admitting defeat at any costs… his ego is far too big!
I think he will disappear from public life if/when he loses. He’s too egotistical to come out and say they’ve surrendered or retreated so he will likely send one of his advisors to

Reactions: 11
They've said it's not a cyber attack...but yeah...its a hell of a coincidence if not
Mostly likely some start of a cyber attack , Nhs england and uk trusts have started to prepare all their IT systems this weekend and monitoring threat intelligence

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Putin has shot himself in the foot. The Russian people don’t want this, I fully expect him to be taken out some time soon. Maybe he knew that was always on the cards and this was his one last hurrah, who knows?

Reactions: 22
Only half way through the last thread, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I have tears in my eyes this morning as I see photos taken last night of the London Eye glowing in blue and yellow, as well as Blackpool Tower and Nelson's Column. All in blue and yellow. Beautiful, silent support for Ukraine.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Mostly likely some start of a cyber attack , Nhs england and uk trusts have started to prepare all their IT systems this weekend and monitoring threat intelligence
If any hospital (or schools) attacked I’m pretty sure it is considered a violation of the UN… I don’t know if that’s just physical attacks or not but theyre considered “peace zones” so they’re supposed to be off limits…then again some of the air strikes in Ukraine where near an orphanage so nothing seems to be off limits for Putin 😡

Putin has shot himself in the foot. The Russian people don’t want this, I fully expect him to be taken out some time soon. Maybe he knew that was always on the cards and this was his one last hurrah, who knows?
I would not be surprised if his own men start turning on him. The people have, all it takes is a few of his military

Reactions: 25
If any hospital (or schools) attacked I’m pretty sure it is considered a violation of the UN… I don’t know if that’s just physical attacks or not but theyre considered “peace zones” so they’re supposed to be off limits…then again some of the air strikes in Ukraine where near an orphanage so nothing seems to be off limits for Putin 😡

I would not be surprised if his own men start turning on him. The people have, all it takes is a few of his military
Not sure if cyber attacks on IT systems are classed as violation as I don’t recall anything being done last time they did it , my sister who works for NHS have said the last 3 cyber attacks the NHS had were Russian origin so they aren’t taking chances this time

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.