Ukraine Russia War #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Biden’s speech today in response to Putin’s? Just confused why he’s doing on today AND Friday in Poland?

Reactions: 2
Is Biden’s speech today in response to Putin’s? Just confused why he’s doing on today AND Friday in Poland?
I think Biden's speech yesterday was hoping to pre-empt Putin's one today but didn't have much effect as Putin just rehashed a bunch of old tat with some new favourite bits mixed in to make it more current.
Biden's one just now seemed short so maybe just the 'Hello Poland' bit with the actual speech due tomorrow.

Reactions: 3
I think Biden's speech yesterday was hoping to pre-empt Putin's one today but didn't have much effect as Putin just rehashed a bunch of old tat with some new favourite bits mixed in to make it more current.
Biden's one just now seemed short so maybe just the 'Hello Poland' bit with the actual speech due tomorrow.
Ahh makes sense!
All that we can all gather from both speeches is that peace sadly isn’t on the horizon…

• Sad
This war is going to go on and on for years - it’s just awful.
I agree… even if they did a peace deal now, Ukraine won’t be what it was but there’s no sight of either party talking so will just go on for years. Ukraine will be well and truly lost by the end of it. Really tragic

• Sad
The war has already been going on for nearly a decade.

Just click to ignore the bot if you don't like it. Not surprising there's lots as it comes up to the one year anniversary of the tanks rolling in.

Probably good there's still media attention, once that goes the support will tail off.

Reactions: 10
Most likely making excuses for wagner limited progress at Bakhmut but also admitting the high price being paid.
Denied of course, 'orders being fulfilled as quickly as possible' but if there is now slowness with the Russian front lines getting ammunition etc one can hope that it's due to some actual logistical/supply issues because those have a habit of spreading before being fixed (optimism, speculation).

Reactions: 1
Putin speech getting the Reality Check treatment

Big rally/concert in Moscow later on now to mark Defender Of The Fatherland Day, loyal worshippers to be shipped in and offered a choice of free meal or money for turning up

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Ukraine's a bit busy for that sort of thing plus not many convinced by the Russian MoD, can't think why.

And now lots of 'Russia says', for which my apologies...

Though at the same time I want to believe they mean this for real (and suspect they do TBH as it seems to be part of the theatrics)

And they apparently won't be testing the hypersonic missiles in the naval exercises around South africa

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.