Ukraine Russia War #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had an interesting chat with a resident on my estate. The family are Ukrainian and lived here long before the war.
The lady was very upset about it all and saying how they don’t talk to their Russian relatives anymore because people in Russia actually believe what the Kremlin are telling them. Despite them telling their relatives it’s lies.
She also said a lot of regular Russians actually do believe the Ukraine is part of Russia and doesn’t understand why the Ukrainians are fighting them.
I asked what if Putin is removed and she believes it wont change anything because Russians blame Ukraine for the state of their affairs ie economy tanking etc

It was very eye opening for me. I did ask if maybe Russians just believe because that is all the info they are getting and she said no. Enough of them have been told by friends and family in Ukraine what is going on and they don’t care or don’t want to be involved
That’s true for a lot of countries that have gained independence but still share a landmass , they’ll always be people believe the country should be as one.

Why are Germany reluctant to send artillery ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
That’s true for a lot of countries that have gained independence but still share a landmass , they’ll always be people believe the country should be as one.

Why are Germany reluctant to send artillery ?

I think it’s a mixture of reason but with the main issue being the optics of it all 😕 also, whilst I think leopard 2’s, along with the challengers, will be extremely effective for Ukraine in terms of figuring Russia. They’re going to have major issues with maintenance along with training delays for the equipment. Best thing for Ukraine would be Soviet style equipment which they’re used to and can maintain in Ukraine

Reactions: 2
I think it’s a mixture of reason but with the main issue being the optics of it all 😕 also, whilst I think leopard 2’s, along with the challengers, will be extremely effective for Ukraine in terms of figuring Russia. They’re going to have major issues with maintenance along with training delays for the equipment. Best thing for Ukraine would be Soviet style equipment which they’re used to and can maintain in Ukraine
What will change if Ukraine defeat Russia?

Strongly disagree with this from Hitchens. Not doing anything has led us to where we are today.

This slow but continuous supply of weapons and gradually increasing the power of them as it continues is what has managed to stall Russia and stop any advances. As Russia gears up for another offensive just the optics of more weapons is good, even if it's logistically a nightmare to use. Will help the pushback be even higher come the next mobilisation.

Screenshot_20230122_102042_Brave.jpg

By the same measure you could say any supply of anything could turn Europe into a wasteland 🙄

Reactions: 4
Besides that, what do the rest of the world gain from it? I don’t think Putin wants to take over Europe or the America’s.
Putin 100% wants to take over the rest of what was the USSR, no way if Russia won would he stop at Ukraine

Why on earth is bojo there?

Putin 100% wants to take over the rest of what was the USSR, no way if Russia won would he stop at Ukraine

Yeah I think he wants to reunite the fatherland but what will we gain even if he’s driven back? What will change for us as Europeans.

The Ukranian President has invited him there

Yeah I think he wants to reunite the fatherland but what will we gain even if he’s driven back? What will change for us as Europeans.
knowing that a dictatorial megalomaniac cannot just do as he pleases on our doorstep? Also "as Europeans" I think all of those European ex USSR countries who don't want to end up as Russia will be pretty happy

Reactions: 3
Besides that, what do the rest of the world gain from it? I don’t think Putin wants to take over Europe or the America’s.
I agree, I think Putin wants a neutral Ukraine or maybe better in his eyes, the whole of Ukraine back with the Motherland. I’m personally not sure if he just wants the whole of the Ukraine or just the new “separated” regions and to put the last 8 years of fighting to an end.
With the Ukraine win, this will be classed as a western/USA win. The west/NATO will appear “strong” and I guess, this will send a message to China, a don’t you dare start with Taiwan message?
I guess ultimately up to this point, NATO has gained further strength it needed and also if Ukraine win, will it finally absorb Ukraine too? Also, long stretch too, but will they also get the regime change in Russia they’ve craved for all these years too? If so, Europe will go back to their oil and gas I bet
I think regardless of the outcome, Ukraine has got a long road ahead of it to rebuild it back up. Will the refugees in Poland and Germany want to return?
I do think regardless of the outcome, I think this conflict has sped up the de-dollarisation across the world along with pushing more countries into the BRICS
(Apologies, I feel like instead of answering I’ve raised more questions! Obviously we don’t know what the real plans are, etc! Hopefully it’s given food for thought! 😊)

It's hardly a suprise BJ popping up in the one place where he has amazing poll ratings 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
New thread

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.