Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not totally clued up on these sanctions but it's giving "your not getting your pocket money until you clean your room" vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Don’t fall for it. He was basically an “influencer” that doctored images to fit his narrative.

79FC7E76-B436-4F90-9CC6-F63B9970A0A1.jpeg
EFF4DB11-EF1E-4A8C-8004-D637488E361C.jpeg

As for journalists, I just heard an interview. Some just arrived prior to the early morning attacks and are grouped together just outside of Kyiv. The reporter said Russia has been made aware of their location in the hopes that they will not be targeted, but of course, who knows what will happen. Others are scattered about, refusing to disclose their location. Very brave. They also said there will be a great deal of misinformation on social media from fake Russian accounts (looking at you imnotPutin 🧐 😂) so be careful what you read and believe. An unfortunate side effect is that many young people on social media will be terrified by images and stories they see, so, I dunno… maybe check in with the kids in your life. They’ve been through enough these past two years.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
They have until Tuesday until sanctions come into place. Surely Russians will just move their money by then?

Reactions: 7
I'm not totally clued up on these sanctions but it's giving "your not getting your pocket money until you clean your room" vibes
Russian economy is already wank anyway less GDP than Italy he knew he was going to get sanctioned they probably started moving the money out of the accounts a while ago. We need to confiscate their properties in London can be given as aid money to Ukraine.

Reactions: 17
I swear to god if I don't get to go on my summer holiday this year I'll bleeping take that prick putins eye balls out.

* of course I know this is nothing compared to what the Ukrainians are dealing with 😔 *

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Off topic. Sorry. But BBC people, Thomas Schafernaker??? Man hasn't looked well today.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’ve been dipping in and out of the news as I just find it so painful and scary. My heart really goes out to Ukraine. I just can’t imagine it :(

But selfishly, I’m due to go to Prague in a week and a half. First holiday in 3 years and now I’m scared to go 🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I’ve been dipping in and out of the news as I just find it so painful and scary. My heart really goes out to Ukraine. I just can’t imagine it :(

But selfishly, I’m due to go to Prague in a week and a half. First holiday in 3 years and now I’m scared to go 🥲
Not selfish at all we all feel for ukraine but i think the last few years has tested us all and we are all tired and so done with living on the edge

Reactions: 15
Tiktok has to be the worst for fake stuff. People are just playing a siren loop and tiktok promote this tit from nobody new accounts because so many people are falling for it. I think giving roses gives them cash?

Just cycled through 10 lives and they were all clearly fake for anyone with an gram of critical thinking

Over 200k viewing someone pretending to be in Ukraine scrabbling 😳

Screenshot_20220224-214833_TikTok.jpg

On tiktok people were showing storm Eunice damage...before the storm hit anywhere and getting millions of views 🤦

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Tiktok has to be the worst for fake stuff. People are just playing a siren loop and tiktok promote this tit from nobody new accounts because so many people are falling for it. I think giving roses gives them cash?

Just cycled through 10 lives and they were all clearly fake for anyone with an gram of critical thinking

Over 200k viewing someone pretending to be in Ukraine 😳

View attachment 1085917

On tiktok people were showing storm Eunice damage...before the storm hit anywhere and getting millions of views 🤦
BBC also reporting on misinformation.

Ukraine conflict: Many misleading images have been shared online https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60513452

Reactions: 10

You will be fine NATO troops are heading to the borders Putin won't try it.

• Heart
Devastated about all this.

I've paid more attention to Ukraine in recent years because I follow the rock band Jinjer. They are originally from the Donbass region and had already moved to the west of the country due to the unrest there.

Don’t fall for it. He was basically an “influencer” that doctored images to fit his narrative.

View attachment 1085809View attachment 1085810
As for journalists, I just heard an interview. Some just arrived prior to the early morning attacks and are grouped together just outside of Kyiv. The reporter said Russia has been made aware of their location in the hopes that they will not be targeted, but of course, who knows what will happen. Others are scattered about, refusing to disclose their location. Very brave. They also said there will be a great deal of misinformation on social media from fake Russian accounts (looking at you imnotPutin 🧐 😂) so be careful what you read and believe. An unfortunate side effect is that many young people on social media will be terrified by images and stories they see, so, I dunno… maybe check in with the kids in your life. They’ve been through enough these past two years.
Agree with the kid bit. My 11 year old heard the news via the radio and is now absolutely terrified of a war starting. Anything other than games on their phones are currently banned.

• Sad
Yeah lots of the media is reporting on the standard resurfacing media pretending to be today. But on TT the fake lives are out of control, it's hard to avoid them and people are making money from them. Is anyone from the media aware of tiktok? 😆
It’s disgusting that people are misinforming on social media and making money out of it. Appalling.

I despair with humans. 😩 I hate people. 😩

Reactions: 19
I really wish we could help them more, it feels wrong. The hashtags saying we stand with Ukraine when nobody is really doing anything and people are being killed. Look at the example of the Ukrainian president!! Bojo would never do that.
Screenshot_20220224-214638.png

Reactions: 14
Sanctions are a joke and achieve little to nothing. Putin has been threatened with sanctions for a few weeks now and still chose to go ahead with the invasion, and he seems pretty sure that oil/gas stuff won't be targeted

Russia taking Chernobyl's nuclear plant is a genius move though. No one will want to be striking rockets in that direction. I know there were people working there, I saw something about them being held hostage but not sure whether that was right, so I hope they are relatively safe

I talked to a few friends/family and it seems that there are people planning what to do in case Russia is successful/starts targeting neighbouring countries. I don't think Putin will want to go to war with NATO, though I also question whether NATO will be any good for the fairly small countries, but there will definitely be tensions if he succeeds in invading Ukraine

What a sad sad mess.

Reactions: 16
I'm a member of a fan group on Facebook with members from all over the world. Someone posted a msg earlier sending love to those affected. In response the Russian members apologised to the Ukrainian members saying they don't support this action. The Ukrainian members responding that they know and sending love back. These bloody politicians and their agendas when the majority of us want to live in peace and have compassion for each other. I despair 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I really wish we could help them more, it feels wrong. The hashtags saying we stand with Ukraine when nobody is really doing anything and people are being killed. Look at the example of the Ukrainian president!! Bojo would never do that.
View attachment 1085951
It’s hard to stand by and helplessly watch. If you are able to help and want to there are fund raising groups helping to provide medical aid, basic provisions etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.