Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Boris calling Putin out in parliament like I understand the need to seem tough but calling him a bloodstained aggressor is surely poking the bear and quite frankly Boris the UK doesn’t like you enough for you to be talking for all of us like that 🤣

Because just like Covid epidemic he just sees this as nothing but a great opportunity for him . That's the type of person he is. And the last person we would want at a moment like this is that clown.

Reactions: 9
Apologies if similar thoughts have been shared but i just want somewhere to convey my thoughts. I am scared and nervous about this situation…over the past 3 years i feel like i’ve been living in constant anxiety over what could possibly go wrong in the world next, what could possibly happen to restrict our way of living. I was 21 when the pandemic started, i am now just a few months shy of 24 and i feel, (as i am sure everyone does) that we have already been robbed of valuable years. We are meant to be repairing. Coming together. I feel so deeply sorry for the people of Ukraine and also the citizens of Russia who do not want war. Innocent men, women and children. Whether this is a distraction or not, lives are being lost and people are hurting. I am going to catch up on this thread now. Thanks for being a space to vent. Stay well all

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The beeb is usually on these things with issuing guidance, at the moment the R4 presenters seem like they're trying to spread it evenly out over the 4-5 different pronunciations and give them all equal air time.

Have they shut down the pronunciation department as part of cost cutting? I do remember back in the day chris moyles would call them up.
Kiev is from the Soviet Union and I think Ukraine prefers Kyiv. As for pronunciation I believe the way we usually pronounce it is a Russian/Soviet pronunciation and the other way is what they use in Ukraine.

Reactions: 7
546F7F01-C4FD-44A8-A89E-85AB1CC289F1.png
CD9F8C87-D33F-423A-8ACF-4B642FE2BF1C.png

I have been watching this today , the flight diversions are crazy (rightly so to protect civilian aircraft), and this American remote aircraft has been surveilling the area for hours now. It’s all so sad. It’s interesting as to what the leaders of the world will do.

Reactions: 11
Does anyone else not remember Bosnia though in the the 90s and reporters there when it was all going off? Some people are so dedicated it’s amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My husband is in the RAF and is forever being dispatched to Russians in our air space. They push their luck all the time like a game to show they could and would. It’s like a dare game across the world and a fine balance. Unfortunately it only takes one power hungry person to tip the balance and this has happened. The next few days will be interesting and pivotal to how we respond but I do think we are safe on British soil

Reactions: 20
I get boris putting sanctions on Russia, but will putin see this as the UK interfering. Putin is a complete nut job, what do you guys think of the sanctions

Reactions: 7
I get boris putting sanctions on Russia, but will putin see this as the UK interfering. Putin is a complete nut job, what do you guys think of the sanctions
Everyone is sanctioning Russia in the west , Japan , Australia and NZ included. Russia have less GDP than Italy their economy is tit , only back up they have is China and North Korea , I don't think china could go up against all the allies. Putin is flexing because he has lots of nuclear weapons.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.