Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's ironic Putin saying 'Russia can't feel safe' yet they've scared the whole world to death with their actions.

The pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

Reactions: 20
@thegirlscout I don't know, I think it was fatherland day in Russia yesterday, they might use the terms interchangeably. My knowledge is abysmal really.

Reactions: 5
I have mad respect for everyone in the armed forces right now ❤ And every day in fact leaving your families knowing you may not come back to them alive to keep others safe its times like this it makes you realise how much you appricate them ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Russians crying in Moscow over the war on BBC looks like a lot of the public don't want it. Hopefully someone does take Putin out

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Is there a correct way to pronounce Kyiv? On radio 4 they're saying it several different ways - even the same presentors are switching to different pronunciations.

No panic buying of fuel or food where I am in kent at the moment, thankfully.

Reactions: 14
Lyce Doucet sounds visibly upset on BBC news. Hearing the sirens live is making me go cold.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Is there a correct way to pronounce Kyiv? On radio 4 they're saying it several different ways - even the same presentors are switching to different pronunciations.

No panic buying of fuel or food where I am in kent at the moment, thankfully.
My company has offices in Kiev/Kyiv and we had a meeting the other day were 3 of our bosses all said it differently so I was wondering this too.

Reactions: 7
Shes right in the heart of it, terrifying. I wonder will we see pictures when they get there, they'll want that beautiful cathedral in the background, won't they. Sorry, I know nothing about this, have never watched anything like this unfold before.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
My company has offices in Kiev/Kyiv and we had a meeting the other day were 3 of our bosses all said it differently so I was wondering this too.
The beeb is usually on these things with issuing guidance, at the moment the R4 presenters seem like they're trying to spread it evenly out over the 4-5 different pronunciations and give them all equal air time.

Have they shut down the pronunciation department as part of cost cutting? I do remember back in the day chris moyles would call them up.

Reactions: 7
Ben Shapiro
@benshapiro

The British handed over control of Hong Kong to China in 1997 with the promise that China would retain the area's autonomy. China lied. Ukraine handed over its nukes in 1994, with American support, in exchange for a promise from Russia not to invade. Russia lied. 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I am so fed up of hearing the words 'new normal'.
It's so bloody sad.

Reactions: 14
Only thing to do is mobilise the NATO troops and place them on the borders surrounding Ukraine there's 3 million troops in NATO Russian military has about 900k total the only thing they will respond to is a show of strength.

• Sad
I am old enough to remember the Cuba missile crisis. It was genuinely terrifying. I am worried today but I don’t think that anyone anywhere would risk a world war. I hope.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.